BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-30-2014, 02:06 AM   #67
lovec1990
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X

Collision Warning first you see flashing red car and if you dont react audio warning folows
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 01:13 AM   #68
wontonbomb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
The new Google Maps doesn't have the "send to car" feature, but the old (classic) version does. To access that from Google Maps, click on the help question mark at the bottom right part of the screen. Then click on "return to classic Google Maps" where you'll find the "send to car" feature (click "more" for your point of interest, then "send" and you'll see "car" as a send to option).
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #69
jbwitt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivad32 View Post
Was your MPG based on the OBC or actual manual calculations? I ask because my car's OBC is 10-15% optimistic.
Good question. It was from the OBC. I believe it was pretty accurate but I plan to calculate it myself on the next long trip.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #70
jbwitt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5 View Post
Good Review.

How did you manage to install the front license plate? Did you have to drill on bumper?

I am hoping for a non surgical way
I don't have a front plate.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #71
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Remote app is standard, at least in the US. Under safety and security:

BMW Assist eCall™ includes Emergency Request (SOS button) and Automatic Collision Notification (includes a 10-year subscription)
• BMW Remote Services includes Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Remote Door Unlock and My BMW Remote app (includes a 10-year subscription)

BMW Apps is also listed as standard under instrumentation and controls. I don't think that has anything to do with the google maps outside of the remote app, but I believe is related to connected drive and the apps within.

That said, the error originalgoods13 posted above is for the Connected Drive app, that is not the same thing as the My BMW Remote app. I haven't tried the Connected Drive app in the X5 yet but it should work. I'll give it a try later. Either way, the Connected Drive app has nothing to do with what Z is looking for.

I just tried the send to car feature in Google Maps directly (outside of My BMW Remote app), from my laptop, and it was in my F30 by the time I got my keys and went to the garage.. I'll check the F15 later but it should be there too. I don't have anything beyond the basic BMW Assist subscription in my F30 either.
Like I said, subscription is necessary to attain that screenshot you posted. Canada does not have the same subscription as US. The only alternative is to send the Address using your laptop/desktop to the vehicle to your assigned BMW Assist username, otherwise, SOL for Canadian users

Appreciate 0