BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #2443
Haroulli
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 S35i F15

Opasha,

Thank you for putting this post together! I wish I had found this information before I started to mess around! I received some basic instructions with my cable but missed (or assumed) the fundamentals.

So last night I decided that I would try and add 6NS to my F15. Well I ended up coding my entire ECU while the car was running. This caused a drivetrain malfunction error. I cleared all DTCs but no luck. I was only able to clear it by coding the DME2 with just the ignition on. I had not made any FDL changes which probably helped.

I have no idea if I've done any damage to the car. All features seem to be working HUD, Lane Departure, Surround View Etc. Any input would be great.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #2444
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroulli View Post
Opasha,

Thank you for putting this post together! I wish I had found this information before I started to mess around! I received some basic instructions with my cable but missed (or assumed) the fundamentals.

So last night I decided that I would try and add 6NS to my F15. Well I ended up coding my entire ECU while the car was running. This caused a drivetrain malfunction error. I cleared all DTCs but no luck. I was only able to clear it by coding the DME2 with just the ignition on. I had not made any FDL changes which probably helped.

I have no idea if I've done any damage to the car. All features seem to be working HUD, Lane Departure, Surround View Etc. Any input would be great.

Thanks
You're very welcome. PM shawnsheridan. You're never supposed to VO code the DME (engine) folder. You'll most likely need to reinject the proper caf file. He'll explain it better because he's corrected it so many times for people making this mistake. I implore everyone to always read carefully and never be afraid to ask before you attempt something you don't know. I promise we don't bite .
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 01:25 PM   #2445
Haroulli
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 S35i F15

Thanks Opasha. I'll send him a PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 01:48 PM   #2446
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

I have some coding questions which I don't seem to get resolved on my own.

I've managed to do several very nice coding features (remove disclaimer, M logo startup, windows rollup despite open door, 4 blinks instead of 3, close trunk with one key press instead of holding, indicator in HUD) and NBT FSC cert retreaval.

Here's were I'm stuck:

- I want to let the mirrors fold when closing (and locking) the car via the lock button in the trunk/tail gate. Via key fob it works, but when I press the lock button it does lock the car, but doesn't fold the mirrors.

- I cannot seem to be able to change the tune for the Alarm chirp when (un)locking the car. It's a very high pitch, and I would rather keep it more discrete. I've managed to bring down the volume, but would now like to change the sound type (changing USA/EUR doesn't do the trick).

- I see a lot of posts about DRL percentages (100%) in all three types of driving (daylight, standlight & parkinglight). Under BDC_BODY I don't have the MAPPING_PARKL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 option, also not for STANDL or TAGFAHRL. I do have some other related options, but not with "LEVEL" behind it.

- The rear/top/surround view camera's stay on for quite some time after driving off, can I set a speed (let's say 35 km/ph) after which the camera's should dissapear? Sometimes I'm already driving 70 km/ph and they're still in parking modus (I haven't touched the buttons manually).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #2447
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroulli View Post
Thanks Opasha. I'll send him a PM.
You're very welcome .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
I have some coding questions which I don't seem to get resolved on my own.

I've managed to do several very nice coding features (remove disclaimer, M logo startup, windows rollup despite open door, 4 blinks instead of 3, close trunk with one key press instead of holding, indicator in HUD) and NBT FSC cert retreaval.

Here's were I'm stuck:

- I want to let the mirrors fold when closing (and locking) the car via the lock button in the trunk/tail gate. Via key fob it works, but when I press the lock button it does lock the car, but doesn't fold the mirrors.

- I cannot seem to be able to change the tune for the Alarm chirp when (un)locking the car. It's a very high pitch, and I would rather keep it more discrete. I've managed to bring down the volume, but would now like to change the sound type (changing USA/EUR doesn't do the trick).

- I see a lot of posts about DRL percentages (100%) in all three types of driving (daylight, standlight & parkinglight). Under BDC_BODY I don't have the MAPPING_PARKL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 option, also not for STANDL or TAGFAHRL. I do have some other related options, but not with "LEVEL" behind it.

- The rear/top/surround view camera's stay on for quite some time after driving off, can I set a speed (let's say 35 km/ph) after which the camera's should dissapear? Sometimes I'm already driving 70 km/ph and they're still in parking modus (I haven't touched the buttons manually).

Thanks!
I'll answer in order:

1) The trunk lock to fold mirrors (to the best of my knowledge) has not been discovered yet by anyone.

2) MattBianco posted the alarm chirp tweaks a while back. PM him or search through this thread in regards to that. I never bothered to change them.

3) Do you have LED or Bi-Xenon headlights? If you have Bi-Xenon, refer to the OP at the bottom. If you have LED, just follow the cheat sheet for the headlights on and halos to be 100%. Parking lights by default should be 100% if you have TFL_MODUS set to drl (standard on all cars).

4) Yes, they can be configured in PMA folder (also listed in the cheat sheet):
V_SCHWELLE_1 - max speed to disable the top view camera (24 (36mph) should be the default I believe)
V_SCHWELLE_2 - max speed to disable the rear view camera (0F (15mph) should be the default I believe)
D_SCHWELLE_1 - max distance in meters to disable the top view camera (32 (50m) should be the default I believe)
D_SCHWELLE_2 - max distance in meters to disable the rear view camera (0A (10m) should be the default I believe)
      05-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #2448
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Thanks Opasha!

1) I've done some searching but could not find anything which came near bootlid and ausklappen. Maybe a goodie for the future!
2) I've found the post, now it sounds like a sick bird, but at least the high pitch is gone. Is the Buzzer low for lock/unlock sound and buzzer high for actual alarm sound? Also, when changing the value for any buzzer related options, after coding, I have to press stop, press start, go the the settings of the car and select "sound when locking/unlocking". Is that normal, or should I set another option so this box stays checked?
3) I've got the Led lights, my TFL_MODUS was on srl, I've changed it to drl.
4) These default value's were still in place, can't figure out why the rear and topview cam still stay on after driving off.

Last edited by ikheetleon; 05-25-2016 at 03:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #2449
v_x35d
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X5 xDrive35d

Took my car to the dealer. Got it back without all coding changes I made

My setup
E-Sys 3.24.3
PSdZData 56.1 lite

Connected to put the changes back but geting some errors. Do I need new E-Sys/PSdZData file?

NU_NBT [63] [last 7 of my VIN]
readCPS o.k.
cafd_0000ded-003_015_124 Fehler:
File for "cafd_00000ded-003_015_124" not found! [C012]
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 08:09 PM   #2450
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_x35d View Post
Took my car to the dealer. Got it back without all coding changes I made

My setup
E-Sys 3.24.3
PSdZData 56.1 lite

Connected to put the changes back but geting some errors. Do I need new E-Sys/PSdZData file?

NU_NBT [63] [last 7 of my VIN]
readCPS o.k.
cafd_0000ded-003_015_124 Fehler:
File for "cafd_00000ded-003_015_124" not found! [C012]
You must update. PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2016, 08:46 AM   #2451
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Hi Shawn,

Its been awhile since we last talked.

My F15 is going back to BMW and I am going to have a June built X5M coming. Can you send me the updated files that I will need for the new car?

I assume everything that I currently have installed in my laptop that allowed me to code my F15 won't work on the new car.

Thanks,
Alan
      05-24-2016, 09:04 AM   #2452
atomic80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Hi Shawn,

My F15 is going back to BMW and I am going to have a June built X5M coming. Can you send me the updated files that I will need for the new car?

I assume everything that I currently have installed in my laptop that allowed me to code my F15 won't work on the new car.

Thanks,
Alan
Nice upgrade, Alan...will you be keeping your BBS and putting that on the X5M?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 09:06 AM   #2453
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Hi Shawn,

Thanks,
Alan
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 09:11 AM   #2454
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Thanks Shawn. I'll make sure i don't right click and recode my entire ECU this time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
Nice upgrade, Alan...will you be keeping your BBS and putting that on the X5M?
Yes. That is the plan. Overall same theme as my F15 but with more power.....MUCH more power lol
      05-24-2016, 03:57 PM   #2455
v_x35d
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
You must update. PM sent.
thank you for the files and instructions

What are the codes to disable the rear central distance controls when towing?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 04:00 PM   #2456
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
thank you for the files and instructions

What are the codes to disable the rear central distance controls when towing?
Sorry, but I have no idea. I don't tow anything with my F10.

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 08:30 AM   #2457
igorf15
Rep
Drives: X5 (f15)

Hallo. Can anyone guide me how to code my hifi system to top hifi (SA688), so i could use optic signal fron head to soundprocessor ?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by igorf15; 05-25-2016 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #2458
BitteEinBit
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5 35i DHP MPPK

My car is coded 2TB, and the SAT program works fine, but every once in a while when I have the shift lever pulled left and driving in sport mode, the transmission will all of a sudden switch to manual mode by itself. The engine of course revs pretty high since it's not shifting automatically. I then have to slide the shift lever back to the right (D) and then back to the left for it to automatically sport shift on its own again. Anybody else experience this? Any ideas on how to fix the issue? Re-code 2TB?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 02:15 PM   #2459
v_x35d
Private
United_States
Rep

I had the same on my X-line. to fix it I removed 2TB and then VO coded without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitteEinBit View Post
My car is coded 2TB, and the SAT program works fine, but every once in a while when I have the shift lever pulled left and driving in sport mode, the transmission will all of a sudden switch to manual mode by itself. The engine of course revs pretty high since it's not shifting automatically. I then have to slide the shift lever back to the right (D) and then back to the left for it to automatically sport shift on its own again. Anybody else experience this? Any ideas on how to fix the issue? Re-code 2TB?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #2460
v_x35d
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Sorry, but I have no idea. I don't tow anything with my F10.
I saw the coding to suppress rear center sensors in the past and can't find it now. does anyone have the codes?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 07:34 PM   #2461
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorf15 View Post
Hallo. Can anyone guide me how to code my hifi system to top hifi (SA688), so i could use optic signal fron head to soundprocessor ?
Thanks in advance.
PM sent. You'll have to add 688 to your VO (follow the FA/VO coding guide in the OP for adding options to SALAPA Element), then VO Code HU_NBT (right click the HU_NBT folder and select Code). If that doesn't work for some reason, you can try going the fdl coding route and just change these codes to these values in HU_NBT:
AUDIO_SYSTEM= hk_surroundsound [04]
HIGH_END_AUDIO_B_UND_W = kein_menue [00]
HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE = kein_menue [00]
LOGIC7_SYMBOL = aktiv [01]
Quote:
I saw the coding to suppress rear center sensors in the past and can't find it now. does anyone have the codes?
If you install a trailer hitch, the PDC will auto shut off by default so you shouldn't have any issue. Have you installed, and it's still going off? The only coding that needs to be done is MACRO_TRAILER_COUPLING in HU_NBT set to aktiv so you have the zoomed in trailer hitch view in reverse.

Last edited by opasha; 05-25-2016 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #2462
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Quote:
I had the same on my X-line. to fix it I removed 2TB and then VO coded without it.
Another member suggested going to Bdc body folder and FDL code "paddle verbaut" from active to not active. If your steering wheel doesn't have paddle shifters, inserting the 2TB option will generate errors. Tried that first and give us an update. Thx and good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #2463
BitteEinBit
Field Marshall
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5 35i DHP MPPK

@v_x35d & Neuera09 Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 11:39 PM   #2464
98PoleCat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Does anyone know how to set the parking brake automatically when the ignition is turned off? I know if I have Auto Hold turned on this will happen, but I'm hoping there's a way to set the parking brake automatically even when Auto Hold isn't turned on. I had a loaner GLE last weekend while my wife's GL was in the shop, and when I noticed it did this, I decided I liked it.
Appreciate 0