BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-17-2024, 07:47 AM   #133
besi44
Albania
Rep
Drives: bmw xf15

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Heyy
Im a new owner of a f15 50i n63tu stock power nothing has been tuned
I am wondering is it a good thing to install an oli catch can for this engines
Or i am being paranoid and it isnt necessary
Also there is a slight noise when i accelerate a little just as i touch the gas pedal the dealer told me it is the transfer case the good news is where i am located the transfer case can be repaired the cost is 500-700€
I am wondering does bmw change transfer case oil and adaptiation as a procedure or just replaces it
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 05:35 PM   #134
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by besi44 View Post
Heyy
Im a new owner of a f15 50i n63tu stock power nothing has been tuned
I am wondering is it a good thing to install an oli catch can for this engines
Or i am being paranoid and it isnt necessary
Also there is a slight noise when i accelerate a little just as i touch the gas pedal the dealer told me it is the transfer case the good news is where i am located the transfer case can be repaired the cost is 500-700€
I am wondering does bmw change transfer case oil and adaptiation as a procedure or just replaces it
Catch can. Not Really needed, there is a few guys (me inc) in the ///M sub that run them, but not much if any oil is collected. The main point would be to check the PCV hose to see if they are leaking oil into the intakes.

Whist checking the PCV, check the actual intake boots and connections, to make sure you are not sucking in outside/unfiltered air. See thread for info.
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2087286

RE Transfer Case, BMW just replaces them when they fail at full RRP. So either do a DIY, or get a mechanic to do a oil change on the TC w/ adaptation reset straight after.
Appreciate 1
besi441.50