BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-11-2017, 01:37 AM   #1
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Anyone use the BMW Pull Ahead Lease Program?

Hi All; has anyone taken advantage of the BMW Lease Pull Ahead Program? If so, how did it go for you?? Details?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 06:38 AM   #2
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
How many months are they offering you? My brother has done it. I did it once back a few leases ago. Honestly don't remember which one but it was 3 months early. It's pretty straight forward. You get into a new lease a few months early and they make the remaining payments go away. You just need to know your numbers and make sure they aren't rolling anything extra into your new lease payments.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35i Xdrive

Getting out of my current 2014 X5 3 months early. Picking the new 2017 X5 this weekend. Went to my dealer on 3/25, but in my build order, they worked out the financing and the new car was delivered to the dealer yesterday.

As cmyx6go said, it's pretty straight forward, but look at the contract to make sure nothing is rolled into your new lease from the prior one.

I just had my lease end inspection done yesterday by AutoVIN (NO WEAR DAMAGE )

So now I just need to bring in my old X5 (which is still in pristine condition, gonna miss it) and get my new 2017 X5 (newer but different).
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #4
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

It's pretty straightforward - it's really not a special lease type it's the same as getting free cash to buy out the remainder of your traditional lease. Looks like BMW is trying to motivate new car sales/leases in the short-term.

Just make sure that the dealer isn't trying to make you pay for it on the price of your new lease. Negotiate the price for the new car as if the pull ahead never happened. Any claim by the dealer that they can't reduce the price of the new car because of the lease buyout is bogus.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #5
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

AFAIK, there are 2 types of pull ahead program.
One is program from BMWNA where it is the best since they pretty much waive all the remaining lease payment up to 6 months, as long as you are picking up a new BMW.
Other is program from the local dealer itself, where usually about up to 3 months lease payment as long as you are picking up a new BMW. But, you can't get a best deal on the new car since they are paying your previous 3 months lease from the profit of selling the new car.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0