BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #45
superdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriverx View Post
I would attribute that to a lot of 2014 lease enders opting to renew with a 2017 X5. I am in that category.
Well that doesn't seem like a fair assessment.

If that was true, then no one would be leaving their current manufacturer and the numbers would not move very much at all.

It really does just appear that BMW is doing pretty well right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #46
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post

If that was true, then no one would be leaving their current manufacturer and the numbers would not move very much at all.

Actually, there was a thread earlier last month on the price increase for the 2017 X5 and lot of discussion about how BMW was being brave considering the X5 sales has slowed.

Also consider the OP's situation as he has been in the current F15 X5 since 2013-2014 and until now... so he has lots of driving time on his hands.. whereas for you are probably still in the honeymoon phase so everything about your X5 is going to be sweet and perfect.
      04-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #47
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
My SA told me once the vehicle goes into production that the deposit is non-refundable. It literally went into the production the day after I put my deposit down.
incorrect
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 03:09 PM   #48
superdog
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Actually, there was a thread earlier last month on the price increase for the 2017 X5 and lot of discussion about how BMW was being brave considering the X5 sales has slowed.

Also consider the OP's situation as he has been in the current F15 X5 since 2013-2014 and until now... so he has lots of driving time on his hands.. whereas for you are probably still in the honeymoon phase so everything about your X5 is going to be sweet and perfect.
Well that is fair. I am certainly in the honeymoon phase. I can't disagree with that.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 03:09 PM   #49
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post

I'm saying that 33% positive sales figure probably includes the existing 2014 lease renewals. If no one renewed their BMW leases I feel the figure would be flatter year over year. I'd be interested to see what 2015-2016 figures looked like.

This could just be BMW loyalists renewing and keeping BMW's bottom line up.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #50
superdog
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm saying that 33% positive sales figure probably includes the existing 2014 lease renewals. If no one renewed their BMW leases I feel the figure would be flatter year over year. I'd be interested to see what 2015-2016 figures looked like.

This could just be BMW loyalists renewing and keeping BMW's bottom line up.
oh, I get it now.

thanks for clarifying.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #51
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

Quote:
He has a 2014 X5 35i, unless the OP optioned out with different suspension upgrades and a different trim ( Xline/Lux Line/Msport ) you are essentially driving the same car. Suspension upgrades really make a difference on driving characteristics and the Msport line provides a crisper and faster shifts with the sports auto transmission.
I meant that he should drive the Jag and see it up close. In the OP, he said he loves it because it's new and pretty. New and pretty wears off pretty quick if the cabin is too small for him or the build quality is shoddy.

If he loves the Jag after he spends some time with it, then he should buy it.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #52
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep

Ironic...the worse BMW's cars get, the better it does in sales. That untapped soccer mom market is a goldmine!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 04:43 PM   #53
IvanLZ
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

BMW sales are going down from what i've been reading. Only thing keeping them on top are the X models. I don't blame people for not buying BMW... i've talked to some people and they end up telling me that the reason they don't buy BMW is because they keep playing it safe with their designs.

I love BMW don't get me wrong but if the competition is stepping it up and BMW isn't, my next car will prob not be a BMW
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 09:12 PM   #54
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

xdriverx, I would confirm with your CA re production as there appears to be a current hold (delay) on certain F15 models. If you are not status 150 you should be able to add M Adaptive suspension if you desired to do such.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 09:42 PM   #55
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
xdriverx, I would confirm with your CA re production as there appears to be a current hold (delay) on certain F15 models. If you are not status 150 you should be able to add M Adaptive suspension if you desired to do such.
How do you get the status number? I'm only able to check on bmwusa.com and that gives you very little info on the tracking.. just that's in production.

The phone# you call only tells you the date it will complete production which just so happened to be today.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 04:32 AM   #56
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How do you get the status number? I'm only able to check on bmwusa.com and that gives you very little info on the tracking.. just that's in production.

The phone# you call only tells you the date it will complete production which just so happened to be today.
Call your client advisor directly and have he/she pull up a Vehicle Inqury Report. It is way more detailed then anything you are going to receive via My BMW (online) or BMW toll-free, both of which tend to provide false info.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 08:23 AM   #57
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
My SA told me once the vehicle goes into production that the deposit is non-refundable. It literally went into the production the day after I put my deposit down.
Unless you signed something that says that your deposit is non-refundable or there are signs plastered all over the dealership that says that deposits are non-refundable or there's some weirdo state law that all-powerful dealerships in your state managed to get passed that say that all deposits are non-refundable, then its refundable.

I canceled one literally the day it was delivered because I didn't like it (a story for another day).

I suggest you go to him and say "show me where it says that" and then never go back to that CA again. He is not trustworthy.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #58
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLZ View Post
BMW sales are going down from what i've been reading. Only thing keeping them on top are the X models. I don't blame people for not buying BMW... i've talked to some people and they end up telling me that the reason they don't buy BMW is because they keep playing it safe with their designs.

I love BMW don't get me wrong but if the competition is stepping it up and BMW isn't, my next car will prob not be a BMW
I think BMW is very upfront about the fact that SAVs are carrying the company. I think this is conventional wisdom at most car makers nowadays. Sedans just don't float people's boats anymore.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 12:50 PM   #59
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Call your client advisor directly and have he/she pull up a Vehicle Inqury Report. It is way more detailed then anything you are going to receive via My BMW (online) or BMW toll-free, both of which tend to provide false info.

Thanks, the BMW website just updated today showing the build is finished and applying "finishing touches"

Went into production on 3/28, finished 8 days later. Not too shabby.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 02:57 PM   #60
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, the BMW website just updated today showing the build is finished and applying "finishing touches"

Went into production on 3/28, finished 8 days later. Not too shabby.
xdriverx, tell your CA that you are not happy with the build and rebuild a new one with a 2VF at the very minimum if you can wait another 3 or 4 weeks for the X5. Don't settle for less! I think everyone who has the adaptive m suspension will agree that its a must have for a SUV this size to improve the fun factor.
      04-06-2017, 03:09 PM   #61
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
xdriverx, tell your CA that you are not happy with the build and rebuild a new one with a 2VF at the very minimum if you can wait another 3 or 4 weeks for the X5. Don't settle for less! I think everyone who has the adaptive m suspension will agree that its a must have for a SUV this size to improve the fun factor.
I'll be honest, as much as I'd rather have the firmer sporty suspension, it doesn't make sense. I have 2 young children and a wife who just wants a comfortable ride.

I think this would be an option for me if I didn't share the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #62
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'll be honest, as much as I'd rather have the firmer sporty suspension, it doesn't make sense. I have 2 young children and a wife who just wants a comfortable ride.

I think this would be an option for me if I didn't share the car.
Its not just for sporty handling ride.. it enhances comfort as well.
It seems there is a lot of misconception on this suspension
      04-06-2017, 03:27 PM   #63
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Well where the hell were you when I was putting in my order?

I'll look into that option for the next ride which will probably be the G05.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #64
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Exactly...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #65
Enrico 35d
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 35d

Quote:
Yup, I have the standard suspension. Ok for the wife but I would definitely get the adaptive suspension. Best of both worlds
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 06:12 AM   #66
BMWNAWATCHDOG
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
I might have buyers remorse. I just ordered ($500 deposit) on a new X5 about a week ago and it's in production now.

This weekend I saw a Jaguar F Pace on the road and just absolutely fell in love with it.

Doing some research I can get a well equipped F Pace S type (380hp) for same price as the X5 I built.

I'm coming out of a 2014 X5 so it may be because I'm wanting to try something new, but my god is that F Pace a beautiful vehicle.

What do you guys think?

Any chance I can get my deposit back and go for the Jaguar?

To each their own but the F-Pace is uglee
The only problem you will have with the X5 is that there are no problems
Appreciate 0