BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-01-2017, 03:33 PM   #23
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
6WB has been around for over 3 yrs I believe, it was full LCD with only crescents around dials, but the one you shared has mile markers and other indicators on the plastic gauges

I am not sure which one is better, but people complained about the resolution of 6WB when it came out, and I drove an X6 with that cluster and it was just fine.

With all this technology BMW still cannot make a simple compass to stay on screen, and don't get me started on lack of heated steering wheel indicator anywhere other than a tiny button which you can't see easily. I was hoping coding could enable that, but it wasn't an option.
The quality of digital display is not great and looks a little strange when either powered down or half on (as pictured); but, once fully on and driving, it looks fine and you forget about it with 70% larger HUD.

You can code to display heating steering wheel status in instrument cluster.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #24
fredde85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Anyone figured out how to make the car to remember the last bc setting or start in compass mode?
It must be a coding setting for that.
Appreciate 0