Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Chassis Error

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I know this has been mentioned in a couple of other threads but I think it could be a common problem that is maybe worth having its own thread.

I have only just done 2k miles and the error first appeared last Sunday; Chassis Error came up after driving for 10 minutes @ 65 MPH. I rang BMW Concierge who said I should contact BMW Service Dept. when they open up on Monday morning.
I checked the Vehicle Status which said No Issues but the red triangle with the exclamation mark still appeared on the right of the instrument panel. I kept at a steady 60 MPH on the motorway but after about 40 miles I pulled over, switched off and waited a couple of minutes before re-starting and the error cleared.

Same thing happened yesterday, after driving for 10 minutes on the motorway doing 65-70 MPH error came on so kept to 60 for the remainder of the 60 mile journey!
It re-appeared again after car was warmed up on the return so kept to 60.

Went into the dealership today and said the error code related to potential imbalance of the suspension. They could not find a fault with this so re-set the code and took it out on a test run....of course the error code has not appeared.

Dealer delivering the car back today and said if it re-appears to come in again.

The sales guy who got my money (he didn't 'sell' me the car) said its a common fault - the person who purchased their M Sport Demo has had the same issue and they replaced a sensor, presumably after BMW UK gave them to OK.

Has anyone else experienced this except for '1230vanni' and I?

Last edited by Baunton; 08-21-2014 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2014

I had the same issue. It will come back. It's a sensor issue. After replacing the sensor, no issues.
Appreciate 1