BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
TallGuyX5
2015 X5 M Sport MPPK & Coding
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 sDrive 35i M Sport

Coding Newbie - need some advice

I've done a few mods to my 2015 X5 w/ M Sport including MPPK which I'm really glad I did. Only been one week since the install but can already tell a difference in throttle response and power delivery is more linear.

My question about coding is that I want to do a few things, open/close hatch w/fob, M Sport splash at start up and two or three other things other X5 owners have done. I also installed LED Turn signal bulbs from Bimmian which look and work great, no errors codes but they flicker at startup. I want to have the car coded to remove the flickering. I contacted CodeMyCar and they can do everything I want via remote access.

So finally my questions, will coding in any way affect my MPPK install? I'm thinking not based on what I'm reading on the forum but would really like to confirm. Also, coding seems a little like hacking into my car's computer (it is right?) I don't feel confident in my ability to do this so that's why I contacted CodeMyCar guys. Anyone have any recent experience with these guys? Does coding void your warranty? Just a little anxious about doing it, just don't want to screw up my car (or have some remotely screw up my car!)

Thanks for the input and advice!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #2
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGuyX5 View Post
I've done a few mods to my 2015 X5 w/ M Sport including MPPK which I'm really glad I did. Only been one week since the install but can already tell a difference in throttle response and power delivery is more linear.

My question about coding is that I want to do a few things, open/close hatch w/fob, M Sport splash at start up and two or three other things other X5 owners have done. I also installed LED Turn signal bulbs from Bimmian which look and work great, no errors codes but they flicker at startup. I want to have the car coded to remove the flickering. I contacted CodeMyCar and they can do everything I want via remote access.

So finally my questions, will coding in any way affect my MPPK install? I'm thinking not based on what I'm reading on the forum but would really like to confirm. Also, coding seems a little like hacking into my car's computer (it is right?) I don't feel confident in my ability to do this so that's why I contacted CodeMyCar guys. Anyone have any recent experience with these guys? Does coding void your warranty? Just a little anxious about doing it, just don't want to screw up my car (or have some remotely screw up my car!)

Thanks for the input and advice!
Coding stuff will that not affect anything in your car including MPPK. Think about it this way, your car has all these coding features as standard in other parts of the world. So all you are doing is enabling them, seriously like when you check some option in the I drive screen.

Now, regarding the tools you will need VgateII Wifi adaptor, and buy the bimmerCode app. Read the "coding the easy way" thread. This app is all you need and its basically idiot proof, even a little kid can code my BMW with this app.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #3
DocOct
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 - F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Coding stuff will that not affect anything in your car including MPPK. Think about it this way, your car has all these coding features as standard in other parts of the world. So all you are doing is enabling them, seriously like when you check some option in the I drive screen.

Now, regarding the tools you will need VgateII Wifi adaptor, and buy the bimmerCode app. Read the "coding the easy way" thread. This app is all you need and its basically idiot proof, even a little kid can code my BMW with this app.
I need to get this app. Is it really that straightforward as advertised?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocOct View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post

I need to get this app. Is it really that straightforward as advertised?
Yup, seriously dont waste money paying someone else to code. When you can do it yourself for less with this simply straight-forward app!

Plus, coding is not an one time job, because you keep adjusting things to your liking. So if you pay someone now, theres a very good chance you will need them again.

Just make sure to buy the right adapter which is Vgate II " second generation" and thats it. Go to the app store and start change options. Believe me you will look super cool coding your friends bmws, only if they knew how simple coding is now
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #5
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

Here's a great thread on coding using the Bimmercode app and the correct wifi connector.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...g+the+easy+way

Super easy with the app and you can do 90% of your coding with the default set of options available. I definitely would not pay anyone to code my car. Total waste of money.

You may get some errors after coding, usually shutting off the car and restarting it clears them. If you have any that don't clear, you can download the bimmerlink app to clear them. I have yet to get any codes that do not clear after a power cycle.
Wheels: Winter - 469m; Summer - Vossen CV7 22s

2018 X1 28i M-Sport
Appreciate 0