BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #67
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

I think that the new X5 / X6M are on par with the LCI Turbo S. Much better interiors than the previous generation and better dynamics!
I see the GTS on par with an M Sport 50i. Checked several comparative tests on youtube and haven't seen other associations
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #68
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbase View Post
5 thousand dollar difference and yes I know spec wise the Turbo or Turbo S are more in line with the X5M but with options the price difference is crazy.

Been waiting 4 months for the GTS and I assumed the X5M would be out of my price change and it turns out it is a bit cheaper optioned out.

The gadget and spec guy in me wants the the BMW and the visual oriented and driver in me want the Porsche plus the wife calls the X5 a box.

Can't really test drive either one of these cars so its all sort of a roll of the dice for me and I am sure either way I will end up with by far my best car yet.
it Shure is a lot more hp, cargo space and tech for the money, about 155 hp dif, if the NA GTS is like the EU one whit 420 hp, have always tough the GTS is too close to the S version to justify the price but it Shure is a good looking car, way prettier than the turbo and actually when i think about the meanest looking SUV out there
Why can’t you test-drive the GTS? Is it a new model for the NA market??
      02-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #69
daeguboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: CayenneV8

Just my 2 cents, I'd get the x5m because its new.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 05:05 PM   #70
Bmw_nyc
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5m

dealing with the five thousand options to tick through when building a cayenne make it an annoying and tedious process. but optioning the cayenne turbo (not the S) with pdcc and ptv gets you into the $135k zone.

and i've yet to meet anyone who has driven a cayenne and who didn't love the handling, a point which the x5m has yet had a chance to contest, but the bar is high.

i'll still probably go with the x5m, because i can't get my head around spending an extra 20-50k for a turbo/turbo S, but i'm tempted by the idea of working up from a turbo rather than getting a turbo S.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #71
MonacoJoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M - Carbon Blk

If you really like porsches and you are looking for the best performing car and you have a massive garage so you can have many cars - why on earth would you get the cayenne or the bmw?

I'd just get a velocoraptor and put a machine gun in the back and pull out my other rides on cruise and track day.

I just feel like its sorta silly b/c the cars are designed for those who need/want the swiss army knife. Maybe we live in the city, still have some kids, can't afford 6 cars. That's who the target market is - those who need the best of everything but that isn't the best at everything.

Just seems sorta silly given what you've shared of your background. And to come in asking questions about two cars. Buying one b/c its on clearance sale and then coming back here to urinate on a car that you've never driven (nor has anyone else here) seems pretty lame. I'd be spending my time in the pcar forums where you can get beat up all day long for buying a porsche built for mommies so the company can afford to build its real cars. Maybe that is EXACTLY why you are here...

Last edited by MonacoJoe; 03-06-2015 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 02:03 PM   #72
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoJoe View Post
If you really like porsches and you are looking for the best performing car and you have a massive garage so you can have many cars - why on earth would you get the cayenne or the bmw?

I'd just get a velocoraptor and put a machine gun in the back and pull out my other rides on cruise and track day.

I just feel like its sorta silly b/c the cars are designed for those who need/want the swiss army knife. Maybe we live in the city, still have some kids, can't afford 6 cars. That's who the target market is - those who need the best of everything but that isn't the best at everything.

Just seems sorta silly given what you've shared of your background. And to come in asking questions about two cars. Buying one b/c its on clearance sale and then coming back here to urinate on a car that you've never driven (nor has anyone else here) seems pretty lame. I'd be spending my time in the pcar forums where you can get beat up all day long for buying a porsche built for mommies so the company can afford to build its real cars. Maybe that is EXACTLY why you are here...
Agreed 100%, though I think you should quote the person you are directing your post to instead of to the op. =)
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #73
AGV
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15

seats are so much better in cayenne, especially for tall people. For the rest, i like х5m more.

Last edited by AGV; 07-07-2015 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #74
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14M5 View Post
Anyone have any feedback for both of these cars?
Had a 2014 Cayenne GTS. Debating if the X5m is right for me.
The X5M is faster so I would get the X5M.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #75
david0310
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 bmw m5

I always look at the cayenne in the gts and turbo iterations and when I really get close to pulling the trigger I remember that it shares its platform with the VW toureg . Whereas , the X5M and its siblings are a singular brand platform. I just keep going back to X5M for that reason and the fact that the difference in performance is so small in my opinion..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 02:02 AM   #76
dr.waxman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmatt0116 View Post
Sale price is 130k on 157k MSRP, and this car is extremely well optioned, including electric shades, tow hitch (for my yacht, naturally), running boards, smoked tail lights, etc. Seems like a great deal to me. Even better than the 2015 x5m MSRP 113,150 that I had agreed to pay 109k for. I will be taking the 179 deduction on this vehicle for business as well so I'm okay with the extra dollars spent. I almost got suckered into buying a Turbo S with the carbon ceramic brake package for 137k then I found out it costs almost $18,000 to replace the rotors. Yikes! Guess I'll have to make due with the stock Brembos, oh well.

One of the great things about this car is that everything is done. The suspension is electronically adjustable and right where I want it to be. It has awesome 21" wheels, smoked tail lights, ridiculously cool looking head lights, etc. There isn't much I will need to do to it at all.

Take a look for yourself, the car is undeniably beautiful and has all of the suspension bells and whistles that BMW does not:

http://www.porscheofsouthshore.com/n...13fc5056c6.htm
I think you are either on the wrong site or advertising rep for the Porsche outlet !!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #77
cristo007
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2004 Chevy Aveo LS

Both cars are awesome cars, took me almost 6 months to decide. I finally went for 2016 Cayenne Turbo S because I love the seat, it feels somehow smaller in the cabin, love the steering wheel-feeling, I like the dashboard with manual control button for each function, I like the manual-height adjustable, love the brakes on winding hills-road, love love love the new lights (it bends around the object at front and automatic spread wider when the car approaching intersection). And I found out the car is quieter than X5M on the highway

But I have to admit, X5M has bigger cargo space, more spacious room for rear passenger, I like the bottom part of the trunk where you can open separately and BMW new Navigation (and screen) is very good! fast response and awesome clarity. Love the heads-up display and who doesn’t like the M button on the M-cars? X5M is a great car if you have teenagers. This is the car you can go camping, run errands but it has more than ample power to push hard if you need to
2015 Volvo XC60 T6 R
2016 Cayenne Turbo S
Appreciate 0