BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-01-2023, 08:26 AM   #23
jactre
Registered
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M302_imola View Post
That's exactly what I did. Crazy thing is I did an oil change right before the kit showed up and the CEL vanished. Radiator fan quit working overtime and oil temp start to rise to normal. Drove the car 100 or so miles and then just like I suspected it triggered another CEL. I'll get the t-stat and waterpump replaced next week.
I don't understand why the engine coolant temp would be low(never getting up to temp), and the fan would be on full blast.

I'm having a similar issue but I changed the pump and thermostat 2 months ago.....
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 08:33 PM   #24
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jactre View Post
I don't understand why the engine coolant temp would be low(never getting up to temp), and the fan would be on full blast.

I'm having a similar issue but I changed the pump and thermostat 2 months ago.....
It’s a fail safe mode. If the car is not certain what data it’s getting… in this case conflicting information from multiple sources… it will try to save itself in what it suspects is the worst case scenario.
Appreciate 0