BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #111
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7 View Post
Anyone knows what this error means? Im using F25 target con next vĂ*a VIN.

I took my X5 to dealer for service and they change something and they had to reset everything...

Help!
Can you list what ESYS version and what PSDZDATA version you are using just so others know in case they run into the same issue. Thank you .

@r33, I currently have ESYS 3.24.3 and PSDZDATA file 52.1. I just want to make sure in case the dealer updates anything in the future. Last I checked, this was the latest software, but I could be wrong. Thanks .
      08-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #112
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Can you list what ESYS version and what PSDZDATA version you are using just so others know in case they run into the same issue. Thank you .

@r33, I currently have ESYS 3.24.3 and PSDZDATA file 52.1. I just want to make sure in case the dealer updates anything in the future. Last I checked, this was the latest software, but I could be wrong. Thanks .
PM sent.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #113
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Quote:
I currently have ESYS 3.24.3 and PSDZDATA file 52.1. I just want to make sure in case the dealer updates anything in the future. Last I checked, this was the latest software, but I could be wrong. Thanks .
I had ESYS 3.25.3 + PSDZDATA 2.53.0 installed back in July...
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #114
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383 View Post
I had ESYS 3.25.3 + PSDZDATA 2.53.0 installed back in July...
Thanks for the update, Armen. Ben sent me the updated psdzdata .
      08-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #115
Karthik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x35i M Sport

What are these features that are being tested?

Sailing / Coasting Function - EcoPro Mode

LED headlamp Tweaks - Work in Progress!

any description in brief?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 04:24 PM   #116
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik View Post
What are these features that are being tested?

Sailing / Coasting Function - EcoPro Mode

LED headlamp Tweaks - Work in Progress!

any description in brief?
Sailing/Coasting feature just gives you a visualization of when the car is in this mode, which is when the vehicle should technically shift into Neutral when it reaches above a certain speed (40km/h and up). Saves gas.

LED Headlamp tweaks are the parameters for the LED Lighting package where he changed the ramp time (time it takes to change from one to another) from low beam to high beam, etc. He also modified the brightness for the cornering lights. Basically, to get these features to work, you have to have the LED package.
      08-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #117
Karthik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x35i M Sport

Quote:
Sailing/Coasting feature just gives you a visualization of when the car is in this mode, which is when the vehicle should technically shift into Neutral when it reaches above a certain speed (40km/h and up). Saves gas.

LED Headlamp tweaks are the parameters for the LED Lighting package where he changed the ramp time (time it takes to change from one to another) from low beam to high beam, etc. He also modified the brightness for the cornering lights. Basically, to get these features to work, you have to have the LED package.
Awesome...Thanks for the info.

Sailing/Coasting feature -- Does this automatically change to ECO mode after reaching 40+ km/h. what was speed that we get with the vehicle?

LED Headlamp -- When you mentioned cornering lights, are those the ones above corolina rings?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #118
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik View Post
Awesome...Thanks for the info.

Sailing/Coasting feature -- Does this automatically change to ECO mode after reaching 40+ km/h. what was speed that we get with the vehicle?

LED Headlamp -- When you mentioned cornering lights, are those the ones above corolina rings?
No, I think you have to be in ECO Pro mode when you coast/sail first. That's the whole point of it. Someone else that has it coded can chime in if they know more details.

The cornering lamps I am not 100% sure where they are located because I don't have the LED package. Hopefully, someone else can answer this for you.
      08-10-2014, 03:30 AM   #119
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
No, I think you have to be in ECO Pro mode when you coast/sail first. That's the whole point of it. Someone else that has it coded can chime in if they know more details.
You still have to select Eco-Pro mode 'manually' though the car selects neutral automatically and 'sails' / 'coasts' whenever you back off the gas above 30mph! The gear selector indication still shows 'D' though the gearbox actually selects neutral during this time, the engine rpm drops to idle. The feature works really well and I have noticed an improvement in fuel economy overall.

Quote:
The cornering lamps I am not 100% sure where they are located because I don't have the LED package. Hopefully, someone else can answer this for you.
The LED package has built in additional cornering LED's in the headlamp units. I'm not sure about the Xenons, do they still use the fog lights for this purpose?
      08-10-2014, 03:41 AM   #120
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Talking Coasting / Sailing Video

This video shows the sailing function in action. I was driving at ~30mph in Eco-Pro mode, as I back off the throttle you'll see that the engine rpm drops to idle as the gearbox shifts automatically to neutral. The car continues to sail along at ~30 mph. Increasing the throttle causes the gearbox to re-select the appropriate gear again. Works really well, particularly on slight downhill gradients (obviously )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxu58fav5m...2008.34.11.mp4
      08-10-2014, 05:23 AM   #121
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFlap View Post
This video shows the sailing function in action. I was driving at ~30mph in Eco-Pro mode, as I back off the throttle you'll see that the engine rpm drops to idle as the gearbox shifts automatically to neutral. The car continues to sail along at ~30 mph. Increasing the throttle causes the gearbox to re-select the appropriate gear again. Works really well, particularly on slight downhill gradients (obviously )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxu58fav5m...2008.34.11.mp4
Ok, this truly looks beneficial/awesome. Have you encountered any hiccups at all? So do I need to press the Cruise button to allow to work or is it automatic when you let go of the throttle at above 30mph exactly when Eco Pro is engaged? When/how does this get enabled? I just want to make sure I do this 100% correct as you have shown. Thank you, my friend!
      08-10-2014, 05:56 AM   #122
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ok, this truly looks beneficial/awesome. Have you encountered any hiccups at all? So do I need to press the Cruise button to allow to work or is it automatic when you let go of the throttle at above 30mph exactly when Eco Pro is engaged? When/how does this get enabled? I just want to make sure I do this 100% correct as you have shown. Thank you, my friend!
It works in Eco-Pro mode only, one of the coding mods enables a new 'coasting mode' tick box on the Eco-Pro set up set up screen. There's also a new odometer on the Efficient Dynamics status screen that shows the distance coasted though this does not work with the coding done so far (indicates zero miles) - more research needed to get this working!

Here's a video showing the Efficient Dynamics status screen with the coasting mods done (sorry for the poor video quality, it was made whilst driving!):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fw0svq3a3j...2020.30.52.mp4

Once this mode is enabled and you select Eco-Pro driving mode the car will 'coast' when you're above 30mph and back off the throttle. It's clever enough (in the UK anyhow) to use sat-nav / speed limit data to know when coasting should be disabled to allow the engine to slow the car down i.e. it puts the car back in gear to facilitate engine braking!

I've seen several Eco-Pro 'driving tips' on the display telling me to back off the throttle since there's a lower speed limit ahead, in this case the sailing mode seems to be inhibited.

Coasting mode is disabled when cruise control is enabled.

This has certainly been one of my more interesting coding sessions!

You're more than welcome @opasha
      08-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #123
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It works in Eco-Pro mode only, one of the coding mods enables a new 'coasting mode' tick box on the Eco-Pro set up set up screen. There's also a new odometer on the Efficient Dynamics status screen that shows the distance coasted though this does not work with the coding done so far (indicates zero miles) - more research needed to get this working!

Here's a video showing the Efficient Dynamics status screen with the coasting mods done (sorry for the poor video quality, it was made whilst driving!):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fw0svq3a3j...2020.30.52.mp4

Once this mode is enabled and you select Eco-Pro driving mode the car will 'coast' when you're above 30mph and back off the throttle. It's clever enough (in the UK anyhow) to use sat-nav / speed limit data to know when coasting should be disabled to allow the engine to slow the car down i.e. it puts the car back in gear to facilitate engine braking!

I've seen several Eco-Pro 'driving tips' on the display telling me to back off the throttle since there's a lower speed limit ahead, in this case the sailing mode seems to be inhibited.

Coasting mode is disabled when cruise control is enabled.

This has certainly been one of my more interesting coding sessions!

You're more than welcome @opasha
Thank you very much for this informative post . I love hearing about tips and tricks from fellow members, especially when coding is involved. Because of these features, I'm so glad I learned how to code. It really makes things more convenient/fun/interesting. Looking forward to hearing anything new you find!
      08-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #124
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thank you very much for this informative post . I love hearing about tips and tricks from fellow members, especially when coding is involved. Because of these features, I'm so glad I learned how to code. It really makes things more convenient/fun/interesting. Looking forward to hearing anything new you find!
I'm away on vacation so my X5 is parked up having a well earned rest for a few weeks. I'm enjoying my time away though, in some ways, I can't wait to get back to do more 'research'!

My mods to the led lighting transition timings were interesting, I'm noticing far more changes to the dipped beam patterns than before. The changes in beam pattern are not new it's just that they're more noticeable than when the ramp times were longer. There's a definite change takes place at around 15mph, the beams width and throw/distance changes noticeably. I think I need to make further changes to the timing parameters, I plan to increase them since my current settings are a little too abrupt!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 06:57 AM   #125
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm away on vacation so my X5 is parked up having a well earned rest for a few weeks. I'm enjoying my time away though, in some ways, I can't wait to get back to do more 'research'!

My mods to the led lighting transition timings were interesting, I'm noticing far more changes to the dipped beam patterns than before. The changes in beam pattern are not new it's just that they're more noticeable than when the ramp times were longer. There's a definite change takes place at around 15mph, the beams width and throw/distance changes noticeably. I think I need to make further changes to the timing parameters, I plan to increase them since my current settings are a little too abrupt!
Ah, that is interesting. I don't know if you have a GoPro camera or have the time, but I'd love to see the LED tweaks in action.

Enjoy your vacation, @CatFlap!
      08-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #126
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ah, that is interesting. I don't know if you have a GoPro camera or have the time, but I'd love to see the LED tweaks in action.
Yes i have, now the shorter days are coming I'll try to capture the action!

Quote:
Enjoy your vacation, @CatFlap!
Thanks!
      08-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #127
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yes i have, now the shorter days are coming I'll try to capture the action!

Thanks!
Awesome!

You're very welcome, buddy!
      07-22-2015, 04:43 AM   #128
Mentat
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 M50d

I cannot test this

HU_NBT 3000 -> REGEN_SCHLIESSEN

default: nicht_aktiv
change: aktiv

Sunroof Closing on Rain Detection

======

It's possible for us to have Taigate opening with foot below the rear bumper?

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle..._tailgate.html
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 04:00 PM   #129
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Is it possible to code the F15 to start off in Sport Mode or Eco Pro Mode?
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #130
Paddy_Lux
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 40d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post

It's possible for us to have Taigate opening with foot below the rear bumper?

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle..._tailgate.html
It should be an option for 2016 models in Europe, all prior models weren't equipped with the sensors underneath the rear bumper (although I've seen some people trying to figure out how to retrofit them)
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 02:07 AM   #131
chealsea007
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 M Sports

I take it the F15 is the same as F16 coding?

Would M sports features more things to code?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 08:02 AM   #132
Fast400
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Has anyone successfully coded the full anti-dazzle (BDC_Body, LHM43, LHM44) on a F16 model?
Appreciate 0