shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Yes, you're right. This I understand. Do all the files change or mainly the ones that were trimmed/updated like HU_NBT, which is not functional without adding cafd_00000ded.caf.003_013_025 into the the psdzdata\swe\cafd folder?
During dealer programming, if ECU receives new firmware, it will get new CAFD too. It may or may not be a Trimmed CAFD version. The coding in that ECU will be wiped out. It should then be recoded, not restored from backup. If ECU is not flashed during dealer programming, it could still be encoded, in which case the same CAFD will be present, and backed up data could be restored. And some ECU's during programming will simply be left alone, in which case coding data will not be wiped out.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 06:18 AM   #1124
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
During dealer programming, if ECU receives new firmware, it will get new CAFD too. It may or may not be a Trimmed CAFD version. The coding in that ECU will be wiped out. It should then be recoded, not restored from backup. If ECU is not flashed during dealer programming, it could still be encoded, in which case the same CAFD will be present, and backed up data could be restored. And some ECU's during programming will simply be left alone, in which case coding data will not be wiped out.
Makes sense, thus the different numbers changing from _024 to _025 to _026. I guess it really is specific to what the actual CAFD file number is for it to align.

So here's my question for you. Let's say, as you explained before, that we go for service for an oil change and nothing is wrong with the car at all. However, since they tend to do that "routine forced software check/update," can you revert back (the same way you revert backward on Android software from 4.4 to 4.3) to the previous CAFD? Or is it going to be permanently stuck in the vehicle software (thus misalignment as you described) and only way for it to be read would be to use the exact same CAFD that is already updated within vehicle's new Ilevel? I'm guessing the latter is like how iPhones, once upgraded with their latest firmware, can never be reverted back.

To summarize: So whenever dealer updates your car, it's a permanent CAFD replacement, and the only way is to align the ESYS coding to that new update rather than replace it?
      02-12-2015, 06:24 AM   #1125
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Makes sense, thus the different numbers changing from _024 to _025 to _026. I guess it really is specific to what the actual CAFD file number is for it to align.

So here's my question for you. Let's say, as you explained before, that we go for service for an oil change and nothing is wrong with the car at all. However, since they tend to do that "routine forced software check/update," can you revert back (the same way you revert backward on Android software from 4.4 to 4.3) to the previous CAFD? Or is it going to be permanently stuck in the vehicle software (thus misalignment as you described) and only way for it to be read would be to use the exact same CAFD that is already updated within vehicle's new Ilevel? I'm guessing the latter is like how iPhones, once upgraded with their latest firmware, can never be reverted back.

To summarize: So whenever dealer updates your car, it's a permanent CAFD replacement, and the only way is to align the computer coding to that new update rather than replace it?
In some cases you would be able to inject older CAFD into the ECU that received the new firmware. In that case, you could of course restore backed up .ncd data to it. As long as the backed up data is being restored to the same CAFD version from which it was backed up, it is not an issue. In other cases, you cannot inject older CAFD, and ECU firmware would have to be flash downgraded to use older CAFD.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2015, 06:25 AM   #1126
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
In some cases you would be able to inject older CAFD into the ECU that received the new firmware. In that case, you could of course restore backed up .ncd data to it. As long as the backed up data is being restored to the same CAFD version from which it was backed up, it is not an issue. In other cases, you cannot inject older CAFD, and ECU firmware would have to be flash downgraded to use older CAFD.
Yeah, makes sense. Thanks for the clarification, Shawn .
      02-13-2015, 01:19 AM   #1127
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 XDrive 35i

Quote:
Just figured out how to keep the codes so they don't get erased. I know Shawn explained that when they update software, it reverts back settings, but it's a good way to test. I just tested and VO Coded ddavtian's HU_NBT folder after I fdl coded everything. This erased all his settings. Then, from the new CODED CAF FOLDER I backed up (the same way I backed up the original CAF folder when I read coding data of his factory CAFD files), I restored the HU_NBT coded files. Simply right click the HU_NBT folder (or any other ECU folder you need to restore), selected NEW, then the long line (must not be greyed out- if greyed out, simply READ ECU again), which gave me access to to any CAFD module location. I selected the backed up CAFD HU_NBT file and simply hit CODE FDL - voila....everything he lost returned coded without me having to individually go in and recode every single thing by editing fdl.
This procedure deserves to be on the first post. Thanks again opasha !
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 01:38 AM   #1128
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
This procedure deserves to be on the first post. Thanks again opasha !
Anytime, but Shawn told me about this a while ago when I asked him if we could ever back anything up. I just never thought of applying it in any sort of way until two days ago when I coded a fellow member's car. As Shawn said, it has its limitations, but when it works for the rest of the ECU folders, it's definitely a great time saver . I'll try to write it up better with the full information Shawn discussed with me above and post it in the OP.
      02-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #1129
cenix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

shawnsheridan and opasha, I'm humbled by the knowledge you guys have for coding and just wanted to thank you guys for always sharing information to the forums. I am about to delve into this myself and foresee asking you guys for advice in the near future.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #1130
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenix View Post
shawnsheridan and opasha, I'm humbled by the knowledge you guys have for coding and just wanted to thank you guys for always sharing information to the forums. I am about to delve into this myself and foresee asking you guys for advice in the near future.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #1131
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenix View Post
You're very welcome .
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 03:33 AM   #1132
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 40d

Hallo guys!!!
Long time I did not read this forum, so will do it again
Opasha I see in coding sheet that there some new things for example like
"Camera stays on during driving" is it already tested???
P.S. Active blind spot at lower speed- I believe this option you can do if you have mirrors with triangles(I don't)??? Is it correct???
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 03:55 AM   #1133
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsvrub View Post
Hallo guys!!!
Long time I did not read this forum, so will do it again
Opasha I see in coding sheet that there some new things for example like
"Camera stays on during driving" is it already tested???
P.S. Active blind spot at lower speed- I believe this option you can do if you have mirrors with triangles(I don't)??? Is it correct???
Hello, my friend . Ben posted the code (the same codes I tested with you a while back) because he said they worked (but he had a conversation later with me I think that said they don't remain on but I wasn't sure). So, I've tested the coding with member sssmokie exactly 3 days ago, and this was the feedback he told me the next day: "Seems like it works partially – I can start the camera manually even when doing 100 kph, but after some time it turns off. I cant seem to find the relation yet, maybe there is some sort of timeout? I will try to analyze it later on today, but if you have any bright ideas, please feel free to share." So, not having my car still (), I have not been able to test this code myself or play with it. There must be an additional related code in that folder that deals with the TIMEOUT. I've seen many codes that have a related code that deals with time intervals. BMW as I've stated many times before loves to make things complicated for no reason . Here are a few examples from my friendly rant :

1) Region options are different when you order for the first time (pure experience vs luxury line or whatever the heck it coincides with )
2) They don't show/list anything correctly in their online configuration when you're building (options don't match correctly or don't get added that can be added) or if you've already ordered (build sheet with dealer says one thing, online order status says something generic)
3) They make their part numbers different for who knows what reason
4) They code 70% of our cheat sheet for Europe yet decode the rest of the world with features that should be STANDARD
5) Canada doesn't give out free loaners
6) There are many more problems with how they "organize" their world market, but I'll stop here

They make fantastic vehicles, but whoever signs off and organizes these absurd final decisions only needs this icon:

For your active blind spot, yes, you must have that option (triangle mirrors) in order for that code to work, otherwise if you code it (I did when I first did my coding and I don't have blind spot option), it does nothing if activated.

Last edited by opasha; 02-14-2015 at 04:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 07:49 AM   #1134
driver62
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5

Sport steering

Is there a way to code for the sport steering setting irrespective of the drive mode selected?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 07:51 AM   #1135
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver62 View Post
Is there a way to code for the sport steering setting irrespective of the drive mode selected?
No, sorry.
      02-15-2015, 04:09 AM   #1136
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hello, my friend . Ben posted the code (the same codes I tested with you a while back) because he said they worked (but he had a conversation later with me I think that said they don't remain on but I wasn't sure). So, I've tested the coding with member sssmokie exactly 3 days ago, and this was the feedback he told me the next day: "Seems like it works partially – I can start the camera manually even when doing 100 kph, but after some time it turns off. I cant seem to find the relation yet, maybe there is some sort of timeout? I will try to analyze it later on today, but if you have any bright ideas, please feel free to share." So, not having my car still (), I have not been able to test this code myself or play with it. There must be an additional related code in that folder that deals with the TIMEOUT. I've seen many codes that have a related code that deals with time intervals. BMW as I've stated many times before loves to make things complicated for no reason . Here are a few examples from my friendly rant :

1) Region options are different when you order for the first time (pure experience vs luxury line or whatever the heck it coincides with )
2) They don't show/list anything correctly in their online configuration when you're building (options don't match correctly or don't get added that can be added) or if you've already ordered (build sheet with dealer says one thing, online order status says something generic)
3) They make their part numbers different for who knows what reason
4) They code 70% of our cheat sheet for Europe yet decode the rest of the world with features that should be STANDARD
5) Canada doesn't give out free loaners
6) There are many more problems with how they "organize" their world market, but I'll stop here

They make fantastic vehicles, but whoever signs off and organizes these absurd final decisions only needs this icon:

For your active blind spot, yes, you must have that option (triangle mirrors) in order for that code to work, otherwise if you code it (I did when I first did my coding and I don't have blind spot option), it does nothing if activated.
Hallo my friend!!!
If it is not working 100%, so think that I will not code it.
Be honest I do not have any ideas, as I am not professional as you are
Ohhh, how long you have to wait more for the car???
May be when it will be ready it will be rusty already
Ohh, regarding problems with configuration, web site, etc....
Regret to say I think that it is problem of all companies nowdays as they are so hurry to do the job and do not have time to test all properly
It is very pity but it is reality everywhere
But cars indeed great!!!
So let's enjoy driving and will do a bit of coding
P.S. Wheather id beatiful in my country today-going for BBQ
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2015, 04:13 AM   #1137
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsvrub View Post
Hallo my friend!!!
If it is not working 100%, so think that I will not code it.
Be honest I do not have any ideas, as I am not professional as you are
Ohhh, how long you have to wait more for the car???
May be when it will be ready it will be rusty already
Ohh, regarding problems with configuration, web site, etc....
Regret to say I think that it is problem of all companies nowdays as they are so hurry to do the job and do not have time to test all properly
It is very pity but it is reality everywhere
But cars indeed great!!!
So let's enjoy driving and will do a bit of coding
P.S. Wheather id beatiful in my country today-going for BBQ
Enjoy the weather and BBQ for me . It's freezing with crazy wind chills over here!
      02-16-2015, 05:55 AM   #1138
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Enjoy the weather and BBQ for me . It's freezing with crazy wind chills over here!
Hey Omar!
Freezing???
What about this (did it yesterday)
Sorry for off topic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-16-2015, 05:58 AM   #1139
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep

I have a question....
Did somebody coded "road signs detection"???
I heard that it is possible if you have camera in your rear view mirror(like on picture)???
And if somebody did, could you please explain what is needed for this???
P.S. I heard that it is possible to purchase some code and than it works good.
Read on one forum(google it):
As for Speed Limit Information (SLI), the car needs a VIN specific AppID 126 (7E) FSC Enabling Code issued by BMW AG that must be Imported and Activated in KAFAS module and then car needs 8TH SLI Coding.
Attached Images

Last edited by igorsvrub; 02-16-2015 at 06:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 04:44 PM   #1140
RufussCkingston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 50i / E71 X6 50i

Can't Read BDC_BODY and IHKA2 CAFD's

Can't Load/Read Codeing Data for CAFD_000017BE_005_028_210 in BDC_BODY
and CAFD_00000092_004_002_055 in IHKA2

I get the usual error message that the CAFD is missing.

Using 3.26.1 esys and data 54.2

F16 early January build.

I successfully coded HU_NBT module

How do I codes these modules if I can't read them?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 05:22 PM   #1141
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post

F16 early January build.

It sounds like you need a newer set of data files. opasha should be able to point you at the latest version.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 05:56 PM   #1142
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post

F16 early January build.

Your car software might be too new. Message shawnsheridan for help on getting those two cafd files. They will need to be dropped into the C:\Data\psdzdata\swe\cafd folder
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 08:05 PM   #1143
RufussCkingston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 50i / E71 X6 50i

Actually was able to get it to work.... Not sure why it didn't the first time...

However, I coded for side mirrors to close when locking the car but it only seems to work if I touch my finger on the door for a half a second or longer. If I quickly touch the door, the car locks, but the mirrors don't fold.

I did set the Werte Value to 00 from 0f in Komfort_schliessen.

Did I miss something, or is that just the way it is?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 08:15 PM   #1144
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 XDrive 35i

That's the way it behaves with Comfort Access.
Appreciate 1