BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #89
1badttx5m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m4 x5m

How much boost are you guys seeing stage 2 93 oct ots map?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 06:04 PM   #90
BMWX6MS63TU
Georgia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M F86

BM3

Hello,

I have BMW X6M F86, RM Motorsport, Catless Downpipe,RSE Valvetronic Axle-Back Exhaust,K&N Filters, BM3 Stage 2, 93 Octane, BMS Pedal Tuner, Full Carbon Fiber Body and Interior, AEM Methanol is plugged and just waiting to cut the chargepipe to get nozzles fit as we dont get ready made charge pipes for F85/F86 Like M5 guys do.

So Im interested in few things:

Will methanol work with BM3 and what tune I should get and what should I change?

We are in Georgia Eastern EU, my X6M is probobly fastest, but we have official distributor for bootmod3 mods, hes cool guy a friend but I want a custom tune.
I have tune with burbles, another guy made stage 2 tune that spits fires, and I switched off after while.

I want a special custom map which I am ready to pay whatever please, I want stage 2 tune, without too much aggressive burbles, I want sound on upshifts and downshifts especially, because when I switched to stage 2 no burbs, downshift sound completely gone.

Also I want this above tune to work with new methanol kit that Im doing?

Any suggestion appriciated?

I dont get too much turbo whistlle any more why ? Switch to BMC filters or??

Im thinking to do KW Coilovers V3, what you guys suggest? I had H&R springs and ride quality was very bad on 21 wheels, Vorsteiner Forged by the way.

So looking for more power and we dont know that much in Georgia only 2 tuners working with bm3 or Jb4 and some say meth works best with JB4?

So should I:
1. Change filter for more turbo sound (K&N atm, sound was ok at first)
2. What about KW coilovers v3?
3. I need custom map from bootmod for 63tu engine, working with Meth kit from AEM, and upshift downshift burble sound?
4. Should I add JB4 to all this?

And who can do custom map for me, I registred here now to see bootmod guys what they suggest and how to make Halim@HCPerformance somehow make my tune map??
      05-12-2020, 06:05 PM   #91
BMWX6MS63TU
Georgia
Rep

These are my cars few photos
Attached Images

05-12-2020, 06:10 PM   #92
BMWX6MS63TU
Georgia
Rep

Some more
Apple carplay - Blessed
Of course Racelogic
Attached Images

05-12-2020, 06:19 PM   #93
BMWX6MS63TU
Georgia
Rep

These are my maps
ABP Stage 2 - Spit flames
Stage 2 AGG - was too agressive burbs

I want something what I have now stage 2, not too agressiive burbs, But sound on upshift, downshifts, adding methanol so map works with meth.

Also should I get JB4?
KW coilovers v3?

This is what i found perfect F86/F85 tune:

Full Akrapovic Exhaust - I have similar at less Price
Catless Downpipes - I have this
First of its kind custom built chargepipes with meth nozzels - We will make this
Full meth setup with hidden pump and tank in the trunk - Can be done
Pure stage 2 turbos - Not Yet thinking bcoz of price
DME Tuning Stage 3 Tune (back end) - Dont get this one, why JB4,BM3, DME together ? 3 tune? What gain ?
JB4 - Can buy
Fully Built Transmission - I guess cannot be done in my country
Rebuilt High Hp rear axles by DSS - same as above
KW V3 Suspension - can be bought if it worth
21 Vorsteiner Forged Wheels, Michelin PSS going for 4S now

Im looking for more HP, working with meth, and probobly ride quality and of course custom map from this Bm3 guys to guide me for my specs
Attached Images

05-13-2020, 04:22 AM   #94
BadCompany
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e-tron GT, C63 507, ISF, Elise

A lot of people in the F10 M5 community seem to use a JB4 as a meth controller (and not for anything else). Most meth kits also include a controller. I ran a meth kit in my FD3S back in 2007. It had a separate controller. It didn't integrate into my standalone engine management system. I'd discuss what your tuner likes the best. Personally, I'd go for whatever allows for the most precise tuning and has the most integrated safeguards in case the meth system fails.

As for tuners, I'd read up on the F10 M5 forum. A lot of people like DME, HCP (Halim), and iced seen Cedar Performance/RK Autowerks doing some awesome things. Most can do remote tuning. Most can tune on the street. You just have to data log and send the logs, get a revision, repeat. The best way to go is to just rent a dyno for a sufficiently long enough time for you and the tuner to do pulls and then tweak the map. It is safer and allows for more control. I've done tuning both ways (and sometimes a combination of the two - dyno for WOT and street for partial load and driveability).
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #95
BMWX6MS63TU
Georgia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
A lot of people in the F10 M5 community seem to use a JB4 as a meth controller (and not for anything else). Most meth kits also include a controller. I ran a meth kit in my FD3S back in 2007. It had a separate controller. It didn't integrate into my standalone engine management system. I'd discuss what your tuner likes the best. Personally, I'd go for whatever allows for the most precise tuning and has the most integrated safeguards in case the meth system fails.

As for tuners, I'd read up on the F10 M5 forum. A lot of people like DME, HCP (Halim), and iced seen Cedar Performance/RK Autowerks doing some awesome things. Most can do remote tuning. Most can tune on the street. You just have to data log and send the logs, get a revision, repeat. The best way to go is to just rent a dyno for a sufficiently long enough time for you and the tuner to do pulls and then tweak the map. It is safer and allows for more control. I've done tuning both ways (and sometimes a combination of the two - dyno for WOT and street for partial load and driveability).

Thanks for the reply

Now how do I get Halim or other to do tune for me ? The way I want?
How do we comunicate ? how do i explain and get the quote?
Where are they ?
Cant even see bootmod founders here helping us much
      05-14-2020, 02:49 PM   #96
BadCompany
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e-tron GT, C63 507, ISF, Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX6MS63TU View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the reply

Now how do I get Halim or other to do tune for me ? The way I want?
How do we comunicate ? how do i explain and get the quote?
Where are they ?
Cant even see bootmod founders here helping us much
You can get their contact information and website information in the BM3 app. Simply open the app, open the menu in the top left corner, go to "Tuners," scroll to the tuner you want, click the name, and the info comes up including website, telephone number, etc. DME, Cedar Performance, and Halim (HCPerformance) are all listed. Most are in the US, but Halim is in Europe.

I'd recommend sending the tuner an email explaining what you have done, what your goals are, and asking questions you have.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 04:03 AM   #97
BMWX6MS63TU
Georgia
Rep

Quote:
You can get their contact information and website information in the BM3 app. Simply open the app, open the menu in the top left corner, go to "Tuners," scroll to the tuner you want, click the name, and the info comes up including website, telephone number, etc. DME, Cedar Performance, and Halim (HCPerformance) are all listed. Most are in the US, but Halim is in Europe.

I'd recommend sending the tuner an email explaining what you have done, what your goals are, and asking questions you have.
i tried that before and nobody replied, thats why im posting here to get help and maybe some attention from bm3 guys themslelves