BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5 M-sport

Driver Assistance??

Hi
I got the free option Driver Assistance in my car, but what features are in that option and how does it differs from the Driver Assistance plus option
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
DavidTSG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo View Post
Hi
I got the free option Driver Assistance in my car, but what features are in that option and how does it differs from the Driver Assistance plus option
I'm not sure the packages are the same in EU as they are in US. In the US, Driver Assistance gives you the rear camera and HUD. It also gives you the instrument cluster with enhanced features, although that isn't listed in the package description. This package is required in order to get the Driver Assistance Plus.

DA Plus adds Surround View, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Detection, and speed limit information.
      08-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Can someone verify if the HUD is a standard option on the EU spec BMW X5?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
atlantiQue
bmw x5 x25d
Belgium
Rep
Drives: x5 x25d

HUD is not standard. It is a stand alone option (610) or included in some packages, which may be called different names in different EU countries. In my country HUD is a part of Exclusive pack and Exclusive Plus Pack. Driving assistant (5AS) in many EU countries would basically be only lane change warning (driving wheel vibrations). Nothing more, so it is much different than the Driving assistance in the US. Also, in EU Driving Assistance Plus (5AT) would be lane change warning and ACC stop&go. To get more tech gimmicks you would have to order a ZB3 package (still no HUD in there, though).

If you want to be sure what are specs packages offered in your country please go to your country BMW site and download the X5 pricelist where you will have a detailed listing of all versions, standard equipement, individual options, and packages available.
      08-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #5
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo View Post
Can someone verify if the HUD is a standard option on the EU spec BMW X5?
In the UK at least the HUD is an option, not standard.

Driver Assistance in the UK gets lane departure warning, pedestrian collision prevention and front end collision prevention systems from what I remember of the brochure.

With all the same named packages including different individual options in different countries it's no wonder that no one knows what to expect in their X5.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
In the UK at least the HUD is an option, not standard.

Driver Assistance in the UK gets lane departure warning, pedestrian collision prevention and front end collision prevention systems from what I remember of the brochure.

With all the same named packages including different individual options in different countries it's no wonder that no one knows what to expect in their X5.
It seems we have the same version in Sweden, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #7
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

In Finland the plus means you get traffic jam assistant + adaptive cruise control, nothing else. driving assistant is otherwise SE.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
In Australia all X5s models 30d upwards HUD is standard and so is driver assistance. It is interesting see the HUD colour change from white (daytime) to orange/yellow (night). Our cars here are well specked.