BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ex-'12 X6M, waiting on ?

Declined my 50i today

Vehicle had been delayed at the VPC for the usual V8 problems, then was allegedly sent back to the factory for a dent. Upon delivery the LED headlights fogged up, and I was told by a BMW engineer that this was normal. BMW offered to replace them once, but only if I signed a waiver agreeing to never ask for them to be replaced again. Noticeable paint defects on the passenger A-pillar right next to the windshield--looks like clear coat was applied over some scuffs. Was told that this piece could be removed and repainted, but might then cause wind noise or rain entering the windshield. Black plastic on the right side of the rear windshield looked like it had been cleaned with a Brillo pad. On the plus side, my door seals did not get stuck in the 20 or so times I opened and closed each door.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
ealtaras
Rep
Drives: X5

Sorry to hear. So you rejected and what happens now?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ealtaras View Post
Sorry to hear. So you rejected and what happens now?
+1

Annoyingly, the stealership will mark that up and sell it to someone who's too excited to check it over properly and, at best, you'll end up waiting until March for a new build
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
+1

Annoyingly, the stealership will mark that up and sell it to someone who's too excited to check it over properly and, at best, you'll end up waiting until March for a new build
+1, unfortunately. Perhaps by March they will be building better vehicles. On another plus side, my X5's gas lid was flush with the body of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
On another plus side, my X5's gas lid was flush with the body of the vehicle.
LOL. There's the silver lining

You can also order park assist now and potentially (great information, BMWNA) "Congestion Assist"?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

They should be putting your new order as a priority. Should not take until March. They make 'em every week.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
They should be putting your new order as a priority. Should not take until March. They make 'em every week.
Would be nice, but they say there are no allocations for V8s at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Quote:
Would be nice, but they say there are no allocations for V8s at all.
I would raise hell. I get that there are less 50i allocations, but they screwed up your car. March would mean a February allocation. There is still December and January. No way it should take that long. Can every single 50i allocation between now and February be taken by other customers, not dealer lots? Seems to me BMW NA should be able to make it happen.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #9
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I would raise hell. I get that there are less 50i allocations, but they screwed up your car. March would mean a February allocation. There is still December and January. No way it should take that long. Can every single 50i allocation between now and February be taken by other customers, not dealer lots? Seems to me BMW NA should be able to make it happen.
Neither BMW nor the dealer sees this vehicle as being "screwed up". They think the headlight condensation is normal, and think the trim should be repainted. As noted above, it is easier for the dealer to sell this vehicle to someone more desperate/apathetic, or less careful.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #10
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Good eyes, & good for you, smart decision. Sign a waiver, get real. Poor customer service attitude. With the short wait, better builds and more time to rethink your vehicle options.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Neither BMW nor the dealer sees this vehicle as being "screwed up".
I hope that you're at the very least giving a different stealership the opportunity to earn your loyalty in future
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
Good eyes, & good for you, smart decision. Sign a waiver, get real. Poor customer service attitude. With the short wait, better builds and more time to rethink your vehicle options.
Reminds me of when I had a problem with my wife's CLK driver's seat (the leather pigment in the center was fading after a whole month of ownership). The dealer made a big deal of "negotiating" with MB, and eventually told me that MB was going to replace the seat part as a "courtesy", but would never do so again. This was back in the mid-2000s, when MB quality was laughable. Here's hoping that BMW isn't trying to copy their northern competitor.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #13
coconut780
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 xDrive50i

Quote:
They have several parts shortages that are causing delays. I ordered mine in November and it's slated to be a January build because of an assortment of parts they seem to not have.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
MtgMaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Sorry to hear dude.. Hopefully they will make it up to you.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
NOVA99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M-B GLS 580

Did you have $$$ down, secured deposit, or anything with the dealer? If so, what happened to it...just roll over to the new order/vehicle? If so they are accruing interest money on your money while they try to build another 50i.

Sorry this happened.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #16
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA99 View Post
Did you have $$$ down, secured deposit, or anything with the dealer? If so, what happened to it...just roll over to the new order/vehicle? If so they are accruing interest money on your money while they try to build another 50i.

Sorry this happened.
No deposit--I've bought 12+ vehicles from this dealer over the years. No offer to try to get me another one, just told that there are no allocations.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #17
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Glad you did not accept the car. Once you do it you are on your own. All BMW will tell you is that they are sorry but cannot do anything.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
NikonMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M Azurite on Nutmeg

Quote:
Vehicle had been delayed at the VPC for the usual V8 problems, then was allegedly sent back to the factory for a dent. Upon delivery the LED headlights fogged up, and I was told by a BMW engineer that this was normal. BMW offered to replace them once, but only if I signed a waiver agreeing to never ask for them to be replaced again. Noticeable paint defects on the passenger A-pillar right next to the windshield--looks like clear coat was applied over some scuffs. Was told that this piece could be removed and repainted, but might then cause wind noise or rain entering the windshield. Black plastic on the right side of the rear windshield looked like it had been cleaned with a Brillo pad. On the plus side, my door seals did not get stuck in the 20 or so times I opened and closed each door.
Dude that blows ass straight up ... So now what ?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #19
NikonMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M Azurite on Nutmeg

Quote:
Yeah you would think they could displace a dealer (non customer) allocation slot for your replacement. Maybe they simply don't care ...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonMan View Post
Dude that blows ass straight up ... So now what ?
Now we either wait for the '15 X5/X6M or we cross to the dark side and look at the offerings from Ingolstadt and Stuttgart.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #21
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonMan View Post
Yeah you would think they could displace a dealer (non customer) allocation slot for your replacement. Maybe they simply don't care ...
Sucks cause there's really no competing product which offers the same goodies (all LED lights, huge NAV screen, HUD, B&O, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #22
NOVA99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M-B GLS 580

From my experience: "We" the true BMW owners, know more about the product then the dealership sales teams know. I can "school" any dealer CA on the product they are peddling. Hence all the questions on threads in the forums. The dealerships and their "Customer Advisors" have no god dam clue. They are peddlars, not advisors.
Appreciate 0