BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-16-2023, 04:46 PM   #23
e34brian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
It's funny that I posted the above last week. I dropped off the X5 to the dealer this morning (got a brand new 7 series..the ugly one as a loaner) and for them to take a look at the above concern..the one where I am hearing a shh shh shh shh shh when slowly coming to a stop, the SA said it will be $190 to take a look at it, its a new rule now. I was like, okay..$190 for everything to be looked at with my several concerns...he said "no, its per item that needs to get looked at.." I was floored.

I will keep the group updated as I hear what is going on with the x5..
Same thing at the dealership I go to - think its $200 per "customer states" for me. My SA worked with me though and tried to make the issues as general as possible so they can group concerns together. Only good thing is, if they don't find what your concern is, they don't charge you. But diagnostic fee is super annoying.

As far as MPE goes, send me a PM. I'm able to get them cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 12:52 PM   #24
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Hello All,

Quick little update. Dropped the X5 off at my BMW dealer this past Friday and picked it up a few hours ago.

Services completed:

- oil change

- coolant flush

- One of the knobs for the rear climate controls was broken, had it replaced.

- telecommunications software updated to rid of the 3G. Will need to recode my x5 as it wiped it all. (Since this happened...dumb question..how would I know my DME is locked / unlocked?)

- Brand new stainless steel rear license plate bolts.

- The shh shh shh sound is from when the X5 was sitting on the lot and developed rotor rust that should be driven hard and brake hard to remove. I will continue to monitor but if it doesn't go away, I will just replace all pads and rotors or upgrade to the MPBK.

Next services / mods to be done here soon:

- Getting spark plugs changed to 1 step colder
- Front / Rear diff fluid change (will more than likely do this in 2023 Q4 when the x5 is in for its next oil change)
- Transfer case fluid change (will more than likely do this in 2023 Q4 when the x5 is in for its next oil change)
- BM3 Stage 1 tune
- MPE

SA and tech said "the oil coming out looked good. Overall the condition of the x5 looked outstanding."

Guess I should feel good about that!
jiggz2141.00