BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-01-2023, 10:05 AM   #67
sheikh2
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpsingh07 View Post
If you can wait go for sea shipping. It takes 1-2 months. Mine was sea shipping and it reached in almost 50 days. If you order more than 1 set go for air shipping. Last month I ordered 5 set of wheels which was all air shipping. Those reached in 12 days.
Its your wish how much you can wait.
since you mentioned starting your own biz with these wheels, have you had any clients or been put in a situation where you had to calculate clearances for different-sized tires... I need to find a way to get a thicker profile so potholes don't become an issue. I can go down to 19s but who wants to do that on an 8 series? I was thinking I can go wider rims, 20x9:10 instead of OEM 20x8:9. but don't want to void the warranty or cause issues with rear-wheel steering.
Or I can leave it OEM rim specs and go thicker profile from 35 to 40 or 45 fronts, and 30 to 35 or 40 rears. but I am clueless about if I will run into issues.

If I go 19", i am thinking for having them make a set in 8.5j square instead of staggered with this style, I just need to make sure the ET offsets need adjustment.

I love how BMW now put up a disclaimer
https://ibb.co/5FZrbM8

I made an excel sheet lol
https://ibb.co/mFjvjsn

Last edited by sheikh2; 04-01-2023 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 04:16 PM   #68
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5, 335, Ford Lightning, 63 me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikh2 View Post
since you mentioned starting your own biz with these wheels, have you had any clients or been put in a situation where you had to calculate clearances for different-sized tires... I need to find a way to get a thicker profile so potholes don't become an issue. I can go down to 19s but who wants to do that on an 8 series? I was thinking I can go wider rims, 20x9:10 instead of OEM 20x8:9. but don't want to void the warranty or cause issues with rear-wheel steering.
Or I can leave it OEM rim specs and go thicker profile from 35 to 40 or 45 fronts, and 30 to 35 or 40 rears. but I am clueless about if I will run into issues.

If I go 19", i am thinking for having them make a set in 8.5j square instead of staggered with this style, I just need to make sure the ET offsets need adjustment.

I love how BMW now put up a disclaimer
https://ibb.co/5FZrbM8

I made an excel sheet lol
https://ibb.co/mFjvjsn
Dude....you are seriously overthinking everything. Is it all wheel drive? No? Then who cares what the width is. Get a thicker sidewall or avoid potholes like the rest of us. Doont go with a smaller wheell, they built car with the wheel specs in mind.
Appreciate 1
kpsingh07144.50
      04-01-2023, 11:58 PM   #69
Djhumvee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
You drive a V8 X5, yet you're skimping on a decent set of wheels. I've heard of eBay reps, but sir, you're on another level with your Alibaba reps.
were you under the impression that eBay reps were made in the US or something?
Appreciate 1
Xolinlevh175.00
      04-02-2023, 11:11 AM   #70
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djhumvee View Post
were you under the impression that eBay reps were made in the US or something?
I was not, no. Yourself?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 01:44 PM   #71
sheikh2
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
Dude....you are seriously overthinking everything. Is it all wheel drive? No? Then who cares what the width is. Get a thicker sidewall or avoid potholes like the rest of us. Doont go with a smaller wheell, they built car with the wheel specs in mind.
I mean yes, it is all-wheel drive, its an M850i xDrive... it also has active rear-wheel steering. I gotta overthink it a bit to prevent an aww f*** moment later lol. They offer 19's for the car so I know it would work. Just want an experienced member to tell me if I need to watchout for anything. One set will be just like OEM 20x8J and 20x9J with default ET. But the 19inch set I am going to make all 4 times 8.5J but do I leave the ETs the same? What ET's do I tell the manufacturer so that they still look nice and flush to the body.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 09:00 PM   #72
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i, '18 X6M, '16 M4

Wanted to come in to this and add a few things.

1) Those wheels look fkn amazing! Congrats

2) I’ve been wheel shopping as well as I’m waiting on an M8 Competition to come in, and to think I’d give Brixton, HRE or any other company $10k on some wheels that’ll resell for $3k (if I’m lucky) is crazy.

3) I was ordering some carbon fiber parts and decided to check alibaba since it’s ALWAYS cheaper on there for the SAME EXACT parts.
I stumbled across some forged wheels and am definitely going to get in touch with that guy to make a custom order. Would prefer to keep my BMW Caps on the aftermarket wheels as well if he can.

4) on my previous car (BMW M850i) I ordered a carbon fiber LED *steering* wheel (around 2019) and it got delivered about 3 months later into the new year. I paid $2,100 for the wheel and $300 for the paddles. So, I spent $2,400 (without install) for the same exact wheel my buddy got for $600 on Alibaba for his F90 M5. The same. Exact. Wheel!!

His wheel legit turned out better, because I received my wheel with some of the stitching unwraveling on the right side near the right paddle shifter. Also my LED screen was damaged and mine didn’t come with the module that had the drivers assistance.

(I understand that my steering wheel was built in Hong Kong and was just drop shipped for $1,800 more by the fraudulent company I got scammed by, so the flaws in the wheel are hit or Miss.)

Yes, he paid 4x less ($1,600 less) for the same exact wheel I got scammed, on just because I decided to go to some “reputable vendor” here in the US.

5) Long story short, don’t listen to what anybody says about “ChEaPiNg” out on products that aren’t “bRaNd NaMe” because they all come from the same supplier. In CHINA. The brainwash some of these companies have is ridiculous.

3D Designs made a spoiler for the M850i that was $2,900 USD. 2 months later it was on Alibaba for $350 + $150 in shipping. I will never, ever buy parts (unless bolt ons) directly from the source of a supplier.

I’m in touch with RG Sport right now deciding between ER or Keller catless downpipes when the time comes, but you better believe every single cosmetic I’m getting is going to be alibaba. Maxton design front lip and side skirts (cheap $600 option combined for parts that break frequently), but carbon spoiler, mirrors, diffusers and carbon exhaust tips from Alibaba without hesitation. With literally no shame.

I just hope people learn to save money on this forum (even if you have a lot to blow) because you’re really getting scammed for cosmetics.

(I also understand that for carbon cosmetics, some of these original companies like 3D Designs, Vorsteiner etc. originally design the part, but the manufacturers in CHINA mass manufacture the same parts for much cheaper even with their insane shipping prices.)
Appreciate 2
      06-03-2023, 09:46 AM   #73
kpsingh07
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post

2) I’ve been wheel shopping as well as I’m waiting on an M8 Competition to come in, and to think I’d give Brixton, HRE or any other company $10k on some wheels that’ll resell for $3k (if I’m lucky) is crazy.

3) I was ordering some carbon fiber parts and decided to check alibaba since it’s ALWAYS cheaper on there for the SAME EXACT parts.
I stumbled across some forged wheels and am definitely going to get in touch with that guy to make a custom order. Would prefer to keep my BMW Caps on the aftermarket wheels as well if he can.

4) on my previous car (BMW M850i) I ordered a carbon fiber LED *steering* wheel (around 2019) and it got delivered about 3 months later into the new year. I paid $2,100 for the wheel and $300 for the paddles. So, I spent $2,400 (without install) for the same exact wheel my buddy got for $600 on Alibaba for his F90 M5. The same. Exact. Wheel!!

His wheel legit turned out better, because I received my wheel with some of the stitching unwraveling on the right side near the right paddle shifter. Also my LED screen was damaged and mine didn’t come with the module that had the drivers assistance.

(I understand that my steering wheel was built in Hong Kong and was just drop shipped for $1,800 more by the fraudulent company I got scammed by, so the flaws in the wheel are hit or Miss.)

Yes, he paid 4x less ($1,600 less) for the same exact wheel I got scammed, on just because I decided to go to some “reputable vendor” here in the US.

5) Long story [...]
Well said! I have been selling the wheels and really doing good with no complaints so far and every customer likes the fully forged wheels. Right now my margin on the wheels is very less but atleast I am happy that people are getting the wheels for almost 1/2 or sometimes 1/3 of the original price.
People just need to change the perception of life as these are luxuries and if we can enjoy them with less price. Why not 😄
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2023, 04:32 PM   #74
Djhumvee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post

5) Long story short, don’t listen to what anybody says about “ChEaPiNg” out on products that aren’t “bRaNd NaMe” because they all come from the same supplier. In CHINA. The brainwash some of these companies have is ridiculous.

3D Designs made a spoiler for the M850i that was $2,900 USD. 2 months later it was on Alibaba for $350 + $150 in shipping. I will never, ever buy parts (unless bolt ons) directly from the source of a supplier.

I’m in touch with RG Sport right now deciding between ER or Keller catless downpipes when the time comes, but you better believe every single cosmetic I’m getting is going to be alibaba. Maxton design front lip and side skirts (cheap $600 option combined for parts that break frequently), but carbon spoiler, mirrors, diffusers and carbon exhaust tips from Alibaba without hesitation. With literally no shame.

I just hope people learn to save money on this forum (even if you have a lot to blow) because you’re really getting scammed for cosmetics.

(I also understand that for carbon cosmetics, some of these original companies like 3D Designs, Vorsteiner etc. originally design the part, but the manufacturers in CHINA mass manufacture the same parts for much cheaper even with their insane shipping prices.)
Im not sure if the carbon parts you get from alibaba will always fit as well. I had someone come in with a 5 series that purchased their own rear carbon diffuser and front carbon lip and there was no possible way for me to mount them, they were so off on the fitment it was unreal..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 04:27 AM   #75
Tekno256
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
1800 wheels (shipping included)
850 tires
600 (installation and alignment)
1800+850+600=3250😊😊
I just placed my order with them, and in the invoice they put a Chinese address. I inquired about this and he said that I will “pay less handling fee”

Did you do this as well? I’m doubtful, but he has messaged me after the fact to ask clarification questions on what I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 09:53 AM   #76
terryz84
Rep
Drives: Evque => X5

Alot of OEM bmw stuff aren't from bmw. They just changed brand name with bmw on it. And sell you more. And we know a lot of them are made it Asian countries. So as long as you could find good quality part from Alibaba, shouldn't be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 02:44 PM   #77
Tekno256
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekno256 View Post
I just placed my order with them, and in the invoice they put a Chinese address. I inquired about this and he said that I will “pay less handling fee”

Did you do this as well? I’m doubtful, but he has messaged me after the fact to ask clarification questions on what I wanted.
I should clarify that I’m doubtful that it will be shipped to me since the address shows Shanghai. I just wanted to check if you went through the same process as well. I read that if it gets lost in transit then there is no way I can get a refund because the shipping address isn’t ‘correct’ so to speak.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 05:53 PM   #78
kpsingh07
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I should clarify that I’m doubtful that it will be shipped to me since the address shows Shanghai. I just wanted to check if you went through the same process as well. I read that if it gets lost in transit then there is no way I can get a refund because the shipping address isn’t ‘correct’ so to speak.
Are you going through the same vendor which I did ?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2023, 09:33 AM   #79
Tekno256
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Are you going through the same vendor which I did ?
Yes, I believe so - the company is Jiangsu Guangwei Forging Co. Ltd. Do you recall what the shipping address was in your original invoice?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2023, 10:17 PM   #80
kpsingh07
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I believe so - the company is Jiangsu Guangwei Forging Co. Ltd. Do you recall what the shipping address was in your original invoice?
Right now I am getting bulk orders from him like 10-20 pieces and I do it through the local address which is different every time just to save local taxes. Don’t worry they are very honest people. Just take the tracking number from them.
Appreciate 0