BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-30-2019, 10:52 PM   #1
trlengle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i MSport White

Loose change...

So, I had a couple coins on the accordion looking piece that covers the cupholders and my kid pushed back the lid and my coins were taken with it. I'm not worried about the $.35 but I am worried about the coins rolling/sliding around and driving me crazy with the sound it makes. Is there an easy way to remove that center piece to fetch the coins? Thanks for any guidance.
22" Varro VD01 Wheels
iND Black Emblems and Badge
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 10:58 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Check here https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1156318
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2019, 11:23 PM   #3
trlengle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Boom! Thanks for the link...got me a project tomorrow.
22" Varro VD01 Wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
trlengle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlengle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Boom! Thanks for the link...got me a project tomorrow.
Well, I'm officially an idiot. I undid everything but could not find coin. I tried the method where you just remove the 8 screws, unplugging nothing. It seems like there is a partition between the area with the shifter and underneath cup holder which is where I'm assuming the coin lives. Not only was it a failure but along the way both front clips popped out and are now gone, probably partying with my quarter. Ugh.
22" Varro VD01 Wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 06:21 PM   #5
HJ
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 CLS63 S

Quote:
Well, I'm officially an idiot. I undid everything but could not find coin. I tried the method where you just remove the 8 screws, unplugging nothing. It seems like there is a partition between the area with the shifter and underneath cup holder which is where I'm assuming the coin lives. Not only was it a failure but along the way both front clips popped out and are now gone, probably partying with my quarter. Ugh.
You would have to hit your car on reverse and kinda hard brake it then the coin will fall back into place where you can slightly put your fingers in and take it out or you can try using tweezers. Atleast one or more clips will fall off when you take off the middle console with force. Part number for the clip is 07149325721 . I too lost come clips down there
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 06:53 PM   #6
trlengle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSN View Post
Quote:
You would have to hit your car on reverse and kinda hard brake it then the coin will fall back into place where you can slightly put your fingers in and take it out or you can try using tweezers. Atleast one or more clips will fall off when you take off the middle console with force. Part number for the clip is 07149325721 . I too lost come clips down there
Quote:
Quote:
Oh man. So you can get it the way I was doing it, 2016 X5? I also felt like the video I showed had all the stuff (shifter, etc.) cleared out but I ran into a clutter...maybe I should disconnect some of the wires?
22" Varro VD01 Wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 07:03 PM   #7
HJ
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 CLS63 S

I didn't take alot of pics when I took out my coins but here is one. I basically took off the left side wire you see here then kinda put the center console over the right side kneepad area, then I took out the 8 screws as you mentioned from the shifter. Lift up the shifter as far to right as you can then you will have some access to put your hand under and take out the coin.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 07:07 PM   #8
trlengle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I didn't take alot of pics when I took out my coins but here is one. I basically took off the left side wire you see here then kinda put the center console over the right side kneepad area, then I took out the 8 screws as you mentioned from the shifter. Lift up the shifter as far to right as you can then you will have some access to put your hand under and take out the coin.
Quote:
What year is your F15? I will try taking the left wire out for more room to work/see with.
22" Varro VD01 Wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 07:08 PM   #9
trlengle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Man, $10 per clip on eBay.
22" Varro VD01 Wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 11:44 AM   #10
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

If it bothers you that much you can try to remove entire center tunnel, check the video I posted in the knee pads retrofit thread.
Appreciate 1
HJ478.00