BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
audiom6
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5M

Advice on a New X5M Order

I am looking to place an order to arrive sometime in June and wanted to see if anyone knew the answers to a few questions I have.

1. How much longer will it take to build if I am going with one of the individual leather colors? I know that most of these are delivered in about 4 weeks normally but I have a feeling the leather will slow it down and I need to plan accordingly.

2. Does anyone have any dealer recommendations? Can be anywhere nationwide as I will likely be taking performance center delivery. I wish I could lease it locally but the dealers down here is S.Florida are horrible. I contacted Steve Thomas in California and they gave me a great lease quote but I am looking for other options to see what else is out there.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Build is as follows for anyone interested: Code DAY38V72

Black Sapphire Metallic
21" Wheels
Smoke White Leather
Carbon fiber trim
Driving Assistance Plus Package
Executive Package
Apple CarPlay Compatibility
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiom6 View Post
I am looking to place an order to arrive sometime in June and wanted to see if anyone knew the answers to a few questions I have.

1. How much longer will it take to build if I am going with one of the individual leather colors? I know that most of these are delivered in about 4 weeks normally but I have a feeling the leather will slow it down and I need to plan accordingly.

2. Does anyone have any dealer recommendations? Can be anywhere nationwide as I will likely be taking performance center delivery. I wish I could lease it locally but the dealers down here is S.Florida are horrible. I contacted Steve Thomas in California and they gave me a great lease quote but I am looking for other options to see what else is out there.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Build is as follows for anyone interested: Code DAY38V72

Black Sapphire Metallic
21" Wheels
Smoke White Leather
Carbon fiber trim
Driving Assistance Plus Package
Executive Package
Apple CarPlay Compatibility
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
I am in NY and leased two Ms from Steve Thomas (David Aviles) after comparing quotes with NY and NJ dealers and local leasing companies. No one came close to David.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #3
audiom6
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
I am in NY and leased two Ms from Steve Thomas (David Aviles) after comparing quotes with NY and NJ dealers and local leasing companies. No one came close to David.
Good to know, thanks. Their quote was quite low ~103k selling price on 113k msrp so it might be hard to beat but I felt I should ask around just to be sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 05:13 PM   #4
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 Black Sapphire X6M

Quote:
Good to know, thanks. Their quote was quite low ~103k selling price on 113k msrp so it might be hard to beat but I felt I should ask around just to be sure.
Thats pretty good. I just got mine this month and Mine was a 106k selling price on 115K MSRP.

The deal isnt as crazy as youre going to get on M6's right now but still really good. I know what you mean though, right now most X5M's out there are the same configs. Everything is pretty much Donington Grey. I was lucky and found one with the exact specs that I would have made if I ordered it.

The only advice I can give that might make your life easier is if you havent seen the carbon black in person you should. I MUCH preferred it to the Black Sapphire and there seem to be a few more carbon black options out there than the black sapphire.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #5
audiom6
Private
United_States
Rep

I have seen Carbon, Sapphire, and Azurite, but I prefer the plain black of sapphire rather than the blue hues that both carbon and azurite add to the color. The way they named these does not make much sense to me considering the sapphire should be blueish and is not but who knows what they were thinking.

I was also lucky enough to see the Smoke White interior in person as well which was nice as I often find pictures to be misleading in terms of true color etc. One of the delivery threads got me thinking about that interior color and when I saw it in person I was sold.

Thanks for the input!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #6
BMWOO7
BMW CCA #505303
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M / 2013 SVT Raptor

I've NEVER been a Black car fan, but that all changed when I saw my first Carbon Black BMW. I've now had a couple 650 Convertibles and a 535 in that color.

Would have bought my X5M in that color but found my Donnington Gray with Full Silverstone on a dealers lot. It was an ordered car, that the person couldn't take delivery of when it came in, so I was able to get it with 6 miles on it for $101K with an MSRP of $113K.

Would love to see the smoke white interior in person!
      03-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #7
audiom6
Private
United_States
Rep

I am a big fan of black cars but its so hard to keep them clean. I dont really care for any of the other color choices so its somewhat of a default for me. I wish they could do individual paint colors as I would have gone that route but no such luck.

That is a great price and I am sure I could do better if I was willing to take a car on the lot but I doubt I will ever see the combo I am looking for.

I was really happy to see the smoke white in person as I was not sure I would like a white interior. It is not something I would have considered without seeing pictures on here beforehand but I think it will make the car unique.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #8
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

I got my car from David as well. My deal was similar. I was able to squeeze another few thousand off on incentives. I believe there is a loyalty incentive for BMW Owners. Also I see you are in S. Florida as well, if you are a Soho House member there is an incentive as well there. David is top notch!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 06:50 AM   #9
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Do PCD and go with Steve Thomas. Not sure about ordering individual leather and effect on delivery.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 09:20 PM   #10
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparedes View Post
I got my car from David as well. My deal was similar. I was able to squeeze another few thousand off on incentives. I believe there is a loyalty incentive for BMW Owners. Also I see you are in S. Florida as well, if you are a Soho House member there is an incentive as well there. David is top notch!
What are reqs for loyalty incentives?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 09:42 PM   #11
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
What are reqs for loyalty incentives?
I am not sure as I was not coming from a BMW but I believe you have to proof you own one. I believe a lease of registration will suffice. I managed to get 2K cash back that BMW was offering plus an additional 1K by doing the M Experience in Homestead.

Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 02:12 PM   #12
audiom6
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks all for the input. I am a BMW CCA member so that will give me another 1k back. aparedes did you have to pay to go to the M Experience and do you know if that can be combined with the CCA rebate? Some incentives cancel each other out so you never know if its going to work.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #13
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Thanks all for the input. I am a BMW CCA member so that will give me another 1k back. aparedes did you have to pay to go to the M Experience and do you know if that can be combined with the CCA rebate? Some incentives cancel each other out so you never know if its going to work.
I am pretty sure you don't have to pay. It doesn't have to be an M event, it can be any BMW event that you get invited to. On the east coast there have been at least two recently, one to sign up for chance to win a skiing trip to Zermatt and another for a trip to an east coast mansion. Both give you a voucher for $1,000 toi be used for a new car that can be combined with other incentives which is what I did. Just be careful that not all east coast incentives work with all west coast dealers.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #14
bruza
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 & '06 Volvo S60 R

My M5 lease end later this year and I'm also considering an X5 ///M. Ordered my last two ///M's from Steve Thomas and they were always great to work with (E90 M3 and F10 M5).

Could you all post (or PM) the specifics of your lease deals?

2021 M5 Competition Marina Bay Blue/ Individual Tartufo/ Individual Piano Black Trim. Took delivery 11/27/2020
2017 X5 ///M Silverstone/Mugello Red/ Carbon Fiber Trim Turned in 11/27/2020
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #15
audiom6
Private
United_States
Rep

Sure, I PMd you the info.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 06:57 PM   #16
bruza
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 & '06 Volvo S60 R

Quote:
Sure, I PMd you the info.
Got it sir

2021 M5 Competition Marina Bay Blue/ Individual Tartufo/ Individual Piano Black Trim. Took delivery 11/27/2020
2017 X5 ///M Silverstone/Mugello Red/ Carbon Fiber Trim Turned in 11/27/2020
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #17
audiom6
Private
United_States
Rep

Few more questions for you all. I have been trying to order through David at Steve Thomas but have had a hard time getting a hold of him. I tried to get the order in before the price increase but they were out of allocations so no luck there. I just saw that MSDs are being discontinued so I really want to get this order in before May 1st so I dont get stuck with another cost increase.

Does anyone have any dealer recommendations? I heard that there is a dealer in Atlanta that does large volume at low prices but couldn't get a name.

Also I have been seeing a lot of info about the AARP rebate as well. I am not currently a member of AARP but since there is no age limit I would happily pay the $12 to get the discount. Anyone know how much it is and if that can be combined with the CCA rebate?

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #18
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Few more questions for you all. I have been trying to order through David at Steve Thomas but have had a hard time getting a hold of him. I tried to get the order in before the price increase but they were out of allocations so no luck there. I just saw that MSDs are being discontinued so I really want to get this order in before May 1st so I dont get stuck with another cost increase.

Does anyone have any dealer recommendations? I heard that there is a dealer in Atlanta that does large volume at low prices but couldn't get a name.

Also I have been seeing a lot of info about the AARP rebate as well. I am not currently a member of AARP but since there is no age limit I would happily pay the $12 to get the discount. Anyone know how much it is and if that can be combined with the CCA rebate?

Thanks again!
Bump on the AARP discount; how do we get this and do we just apply somewhere online for aarp? I'm in negotiation now on X5M and would like to take advantage of that discount...thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0