Comfort Seats
Third Row Seating
Adaptive/High Beam Assist Headlights
Surround View Camera
Harman Kardon HiFi
Digital Cockpit
M Performance Body Kit with 21" Alloys
Head Up Display and much more!!

Pictures taken at the Dealership at collection and locally.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
Chadmatic660.50
rntaylor137.00
SpeedN866.00
deutsch1003741.00
P111541.50
      03-29-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Stunning color combo and build! The M Performance parts, including the 599's complete the look.

Enjoy
Appreciate 1
P111541.50
      03-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
IG0753
Rep
Drives: 330d M-Sport (E93)

Amazing car. Colour combo looks great, not sure I'd be able to keep that gorgeous Smoke White Merino clean so good luck with that as it looks stunning. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 04:55 PM   #4
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Awesome. Congrats!!!!
      03-29-2017, 07:07 PM   #5
Thawke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i XDrive

Unbelievably nice car mate, well worth the wait

Ordered: 2024 BMW M240i XDrive
Current: 2020 BMW X6 Xdrive40i M Sport
Previous: 2020 Porsche Cayman S
Previous: 2017 BMW X6 Xdrive40d M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 07:48 PM   #6
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

George us!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 12:40 AM   #7
Wing Co
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i & 911 GTS

Great.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 12:56 AM   #8
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

X5M50D At Long Last! Congrats...enjoy the ride...and from a fellow Carbon Black owner, keeping it clean!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 02:20 AM   #9
kered
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 2.5D X-Drive M-Sport

Stunning car

Wishing you good health & best of luck to enjoy it for years to come
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 04:13 AM   #10
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F15 X5 M50d

Sweet!

Lovely combination of colours and upgrades, even down to the jacket holder on the back of the seat

It must have felt it was never going to happen. Did the handover go well and I presume you sorted the insurance out in the end?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 05:02 AM   #11
sak83
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 M50D on order

Wow, congratulations on finally taking delivery. The individual leather, trim and dash make for a lovely cockpit. Looking forward to how you get on with the car
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 05:20 AM   #12
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

X5M50D
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrw68 View Post
Sweet!

Lovely combination of colours and upgrades, even down to the jacket holder on the back of the seat

It must have felt it was never going to happen. Did the handover go well and I presume you sorted the insurance out in the end?
Rep-mobile? Surely not
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 05:40 AM   #13
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
X5M50D

Rep-mobile? Surely not
Would be a very expensive Rep-mobile
Took my very expensive jacket rack out of my Jag which I have just traded in - does have Jaguar on it but no one will spot it
When I have some time later today I will give you a more detailed review of the handover and the limit time I have had to experience it.
But thanks everyone for their kind compliments
      03-30-2017, 06:02 AM   #14
markrw68
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F15 X5 M50d

A couple of things that I feel would help make our M50ds look a little more aggressive are H&R or ACS springs and spacers. Are there any recommendations on a UK based supplier/fitter that offer these (preferably South East based)?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 02:11 PM   #15
S114MON
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M50D View Post
Here she is finally took delivery after a 3 month wait
Carbon Black Metallic
Individual Smoke White Merino Upholstery
Individual Smoke White/Scotch Leather Instrument Panel
Individual Piano Black Trim
M Sport Plus Package
Cold Weather Package
Panoramic Sunroof
Comfort Seats
Third Row Seating
Surround View Camera
Harman Kardon HiFi
Digital Cockpit

Looks superb. Stunning. Enjoy! Perhaps get to see it at some point.
All the best
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 02:24 PM   #16
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

So now a day in with 80 miles on the clock and loving the new machine
However leading up to handover earlier in the week things got a little stressful following my professional detailer inspecting the car prior to him working on it. A number of defects were noted not only to the exterior paintwork but also to the leather interior door cards.
A number of scratches and swirl marks were identified on various parts of the car including some over spraying to the front bumper
My detailer spent a lot of time trying to polish these out which took much longer than anticipated resulting in the car not being completed by the day of pickup (i.e. no paint protection applied).
I obviously kicked up a major fuss with the dealer stating a car of this value is not suppose to have so many imperfections to the paint work. At first they were very defensive saying that this is normal and that the detailer was being over zealous in his inspection. I was not having any of it and stuck to my guns resulting in the dealers paying £500 for the additional work and inconvenience. This will now go towards finishing off the car but unfortunately now not until the beginning of May
In addition two of the leather door cards need replacing due to marks on the leather which cannot be removed - this will be replaced mid April.
So all in all a bit of a nightmare, however in the end the dealers have been proactive in resolving the problem prior to handover.
What I find hard to believe is paying big money for a prestige car like this, why does quality control not pick such issues up before leaving the factory
      03-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #17
Mexecutioner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 xDrive35i

Interior looks stunning. Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 02:41 AM   #18
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
What I find hard to believe is paying big money for a prestige car like this, why does quality control not pick such issues up before leaving the factory
Not quite as bad, but, I too had a quality control issue that left me astonished. On hand over I opened both front doors, rear offside door and tailgate and looked around, checked etc, but failed to open the rear nearside door. So, day after collection, I've opened rear nearside door, only to see the upper 400mm of rubber seal flop away from bodywork!
The person installing that on the line had not removed the reddish-pink protective tape from that section and so it wasn't stuck to the body, just held in by the door being closed.
How on earth that didn't get picked up at the factory check, the BMW check at Bremerhaven, BMW-GB check at Southampton or the dealer during PDI etc., I don't know
      03-31-2017, 04:14 AM   #19
Kakalika
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

That interior is amazing!!! I love the dark trim around the headrests. I wonder if the leather dash pad can be retrofitted.
      03-31-2017, 10:01 PM   #20
kobe81367
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Here she is finally took delivery after a 3 month wait
Carbon Black Metallic
Individual Smoke White Merino Upholstery
Individual Smoke White/Scotch Leather Instrument Panel
Individual Piano Black Trim
M Sport Plus Package
Cold Weather Package
Panoramic Sunroof
Comfort Seats
Third Row Seating
Surround View Camera
Harman Kardon HiFi
Digital Cockpit

Congrats and this Individual white looks way much better!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #21
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

So its been a week and 300miles since taking delivery of my new vehicle and so far I have had big smiles on my face every time I get into the thing
So far everything has been positive with little problems.

Starting off with the very few negative points
1. Disappointed with the key locking system having had a car with automatic opening and locking from the door handles. I find it a pain to have to take the key out of my pocket each time I approach the vehicle especially when I have my hands full. Wish I had gone for comfort access
2. I can see that the Carbon Black is going to be a shore to clean on a regular bases, however in the sun the colour is fantastic.
3. I'm still getting use to the size of the vehicle especially the width. Unfortunately I kerbed the rear passenger side alloy yesterday in a multi storey car park in Bracknell which I was not happy about after 6 days use. So looks like the alloy insurance may come into its own sooner than I thought.

So the positive points are endless but here are a few
1. The shear power, acceleration and smooth engine is just unbelievable bearing in mind the size and weight of the X5. I have, more than I should, turned the settings on to Sport+ and enjoyed the drive to its extreme limit Cruising the M25 this morning was effortless.
2. I am so pleased that I chose the individual leather comfort seats and dash as this finishes off the interior to its full potential for a premium vehicle.
3. Still getting use to the I Drive functions, and attempted to read the lengthy manual, but find playing around with the controls works better.
4. The HUD is well worth the money and keeps me in check from speeding.
5. The HK stereo system is of excellent quality especially when playing my iphone music. It will take plenty of playing around with the equaliser to get the optimum sound but so far so good.
6. Navigation system very simple to use, clear and large display. When I was ordering the car, I saw on one of the BMW clips virtual GPS where this was in 3D with mountains/hills and buildings on the screen. I don't seem to have this - any ideas?
7. Comfort seats a big bonus and very comfortable. Again lots of playing around with the settings to get the optimum posture.
8. With the good weather we have been having I have had the pan sun roof open and this is surprisingly large and makes the interior very airy.
9. The ride quality of the 21" wheels have not been as bad as I was expecting, especially over those damn potholes on the British roads.
10. Fuel economy so far not great (27mpg) however I appreciate the engine needs to loosen up and I must stop switching to sport+ but I can't help the exhilaration each time I put my foot down
11. The M performance kit certainly turns peoples heads and the combination of carbon fibre kit , gloss black grills and carbon black paintwork certainly creates a great combination.

So all good news and really happy with the purchase. Its everything I wanted in a vehicle - good size, high ride height and great power and strong performance. Its early days and no doubt I will experience some more negatives over time but these will never outweigh the positives.
Just need to get the kerbed alloy repaired as this annoys me each time I look at it, and to have the vehicle finished off at the professional detailer with the silicon paint protection.
G
      04-05-2017, 03:59 PM   #22
Thawke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i XDrive

Great write up and glad you're loving the car.

Sorry to hear about the alloys but - I know its cliché - but these things happen so c'est la vie.

I did a round trip to Cornwall this weekend and have 2 small stone chips on the front bumper (admittedly very small) and a pin prick's stone chip on the windscreen (again magnifying glass required to see it) but has taken the shine off my brand new baby somewhat.

Saying all that, I echo your experience with getting in the car and just having a huge smile on your face

I know the Sat nav behaves differently depending on where you are because the map is just better defined so maybe the mountains in 3D was somewhere in germany they've mapped out better than your average urban area ?

I know when Im in Canary Wharf in London All the Sky scrapers show up in 3D with shadows etc, looks pretty damn cool, and thats without me changing anything, as soon as I drive out of the city centre its normal map time again.

As for detailing the car... do it, I made the huge HUGE HUGE mistake of getting mine done by the dealer, and afte ra few washes have noticed some very light scratches on the front bumper near where they installed the CF splitter.

I cannot feel them with my nail so guessing either surface scratch or under the ceramic coating so cannot feel it.... bugs me no end.

They dissappear as soon as I wax the car, so guess who waxes his car every weekend now ?.... muggins here

Anyway great to hear you're enjoying your ride as I was sad GeeRam was regretting his now, so hopefully get that Wheel sorted and its smiles all the way...

(Ok I am now rambling I'll stop typing)

Ordered: 2024 BMW M240i XDrive
Current: 2020 BMW X6 Xdrive40i M Sport
Previous: 2020 Porsche Cayman S
Previous: 2017 BMW X6 Xdrive40d M Sport
Appreciate 0