03-25-2014, 12:09 PM   #684
Dazza72
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenya B View Post
just ordered

Did you get it yet? Curious how long it's taking for Canadian orders. Hopefully nowhere near what it's taking those in Europe???
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #685
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegria View Post
Ordered March 3rd, earliest delivery mid Dec. Lease company told me mid Jan, that's 2015 no joke.
That just sucks, how on earth can they justify a delivery time that long?

Just checked with my dealer today about when mine is due into production and was told not until 24th June, even though I ordered it in early March, with delivery to me scheduled for the first week of August.

So it definitely looks like a build slot issue, simply not enough for European demand, which is kind of surprising given that in the UK we pay considerably more than in the US. My SE40 comes in at a tad under £60k inc vat which is over US$99,000!! Granted there are lots of options on it but I have it for the next 4 years so want it to be nice and comfy once I eventually get it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 04:57 AM   #686
shaddymo
Germany
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 X40d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddymo View Post
Ordered my X5 40d in Germany on 30/12/2013. finally got my VIN (last 7 digits) from the dealer. I was able to call the 1-800 from Germany today using Skype. the voice said finished production on 17th Jan!! I waited to speak to a real person who said he could not find the vehicle because it was not ordered in the USA.

Any experience with tracking X5s ordered in Germany. Is it usual if the production finished on Jan 17 for the dealer to tell me to expect the car Mid April. Any thoughts will help

Used my VIN on the bmwarchiv - found that my X5 was produced on 3.3
Was able to track on the Ship - Asian Emperor. Departed Charleston on 11.03 and it was offloaded in Bremerhaven on 22.03.

Does anyone know how long I can expect the last leg of the journey to the Dealer in Berlin to take.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #687
golovan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35D

Ordered 3/4
Production started 3/12
Production ended 3/20
At dealer 3/24
Picking up 3/27

Can't wait till tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #688
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
That just sucks, how on earth can they justify a delivery time that long?

Just checked with my dealer today about when mine is due into production and was told not until 24th June, even though I ordered it in early March, with delivery to me scheduled for the first week of August.

So it definitely looks like a build slot issue, simply not enough for European demand, which is kind of surprising given that in the UK we pay considerably more than in the US. My SE40 comes in at a tad under £60k inc vat which is over US$99,000!! Granted there are lots of options on it but I have it for the next 4 years so want it to be nice and comfy once I eventually get it.
Sounds like our cars will be on the same boat!

My 3.0d M Sport was ordered 7th March, build expected mid June for delivery last week of July. I too went a bit mad on the options and ended up on the wrong side of £62000 and that's without all the fancy driver aids like night vision, adaptive cruise control etc!

I hate to think what a typical "US spec" (read every option in the book) X5 would cost over here - small house money I guess and we still have to wait nearly five months. At least I've not had to pay a deposit so can keep my money in the bank and got a good discount too

At least all the reported technical issues affecting the earlier cars will be ironed out by June (I hope)
      03-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #689
Jenya B
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X5 F15d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza72 View Post
Did you get it yet? Curious how long it's taking for Canadian orders. Hopefully nowhere near what it's taking those in Europe???
Tomorrow supposed to be at dealership
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 12:20 PM   #690
phantomac2
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 (KS81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo View Post
small house money I guess
I'd gladly pay the price for a fully featured X5 if it'd get me even a small house. Is the UK really so "cheap" when it comes to buying houses?

Here (Germany) houses seem to start at two fully featured X5s, with something decent starting around four fully featured X5s.

*sigh*

(I'm talking European pricing here, not US.)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #691
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

There are places in the UK where one could buy a street of houses for the price of a well spec'd X5 perhaps I'm exaggerating slightly!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #692
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 40d

Today received the message from company(not official dealer) which is doing delivery for me that delivery of the car most likely will be postponed 1-1.5 months from originally expected date(mid May), but I ordered it beginning of January.
At the moment production week : 20 May 2014.
They explained that BMW has difficulties with production of x5 with m package(option 337)

So have question-did somebody claim any bonus(discount, additional option, etc) because of same situation???

Last edited by igorsvrub; 03-26-2014 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 02:13 AM   #693
hanman
BMW ENTHUSIAST
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMPETITION

Garage List
2014 X5 35i M SPORT LINE
ALPINE WHITE
BLK DAKOTA
CONNECTED DRIVE
PREMIUM
HK SOUND
20 INCH Y SPOKE

ORDERED MARCH 1ST IN TRANSIT AS OF TODAY NOT SURE HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE TO ARRIVE NOW?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 02:49 AM   #694
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsvrub View Post
Today received the message from company(not official dealer) which is doing delivery for me that delivery of the car most likely will be postponed 1-1.5 months from originally expected date(mid May), but I ordered it beginning of January.
At the moment production week : 20 May 2014.
They explained that BMW has difficulties with production of x5 with m package(option 337)

So have question-did somebody claim any bonus(discount, additional option, etc) because of same situation???
My car is being delayed (no reason given) by ~3 weeks. My current E70 agreement ends 30th April so as I am not going to extend that agreement for a few weeks the dealer I ordered my F15 from back in mid January is going to take back the E70 and come up with a loan-car to tide me over between the two.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 03:20 AM   #695
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

In my experience you need to allow six weeks from end of build to delivery at dealers in UK.

Are you still looking at build starting wc 7th April? I guess that by the time build is complete it'll be mid April then six weeks to ship you'll be looking at late May for delivery. My X3 was 12 weeks in total, six weeks of which was transport. Since the ship goes on a grand tour of mainland Europe first it's a miracle that they ever arrive at Southampton at all.

Last edited by CatFlap; 03-27-2014 at 03:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 03:47 AM   #696
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
My car is being delayed (no reason given) by ~3 weeks. My current E70 agreement ends 30th April so as I am not going to extend that agreement for a few weeks the dealer I ordered my F15 from back in mid January is going to take back the E70 and come up with a loan-car to tide me over between the two.
It is good solution!
But not suitable for me
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 04:20 AM   #697
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo View Post
There are places in the UK where one could buy a street of houses for the price of a well spec'd X5 perhaps I'm exaggerating slightly!
I thought that was just in Wales
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #698
Jenya B
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X5 F15d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenya B View Post
just ordered

just unloaded at dealership

so i was promised to get it by Monday

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #699
Flatironcopse
Private
Wales
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.0D M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
I thought that was just in Wales
Easy! That's God's country you're talking about.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 03:31 AM   #700
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Ordered at the dealer on 17/12/2013, production started on 18/03/2014, completed on 22/03/2014, now in 165 status (i.e. transit to beamer heaven AKA Bremerhaven port). Tried doing a bit of a research (dealer here is useless when it comes to these questions), looks like the beast is on Independence II due to arrive on 14/04/2014 and then it'll be circa 1 month till the actual delivery to me...

Spec wise:
BMW X5 M50d
Black Sapphire Metallic
Pure Experience Package with Mocha Nappa / Hexagon trim and M-sport package mix
20” 468M style wheels
Alarm system
Soft-Close function doors
Climate comfort windscreen
Rear view camera + Surround view
Roller sunblind for the rear side windows
Sun protection glazing
Interior and exterior mirrors with auto anti-dazzle function
Comfort seats front and rear
Storage compartment package
Ceramic surround for controls
Headlight washer system
Adaptive LED headlights with high-beam assistant
Lights package
Head-up display
Convenience telephony/smartphone
TV function
Harman Kardon sound hopefully to be retrofitted (more on this in this sad thread of mine)

Already making future plans:
1) Straight after delivery - 4 days of detailing with Ceramic Pro 9H (4 layers)
2) Hartge piggy-back solution installation after initial run-in: from 280 kW / 381 hp to 322 kW (438 hp)
3) Considering M-performance break kit at a later stage
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #701
SpeedN8
Slower traffic keep right.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X5 35d & '18 M4 Coupe ZCP

Ordered mine early last week and received a production number this week. I called today to get a status but the rep said the order was accepted by Germany on Apr 2nd but hasn't been scheduled for production yet. I hope it starts soon. I'm so anxious.

My order:
2014 X5 35D
MSport Pkg
Carbon Black Metallic
20" Y-Spoke
Black Dakota
Poplar Wood
Cold Weather Pkg
Driver Assistance Plus
Acc Stop and Go
Adaptive M Suspension
Dynamic Handling Pkg
LED Lighting Pkg
Multi-Contour Seats
Prem Pkg
Ceramic Controls
Comfort Rear Seats
4-zone auto climate
Nappa Dashboard
Rear Shades
HK Surround
Parking Assistant
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #702
Luxembourg
Enlisted Member
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F15 M-Sport 30d

• I ordered mine on Dec 6 (yeah, St Nicholas... )
  • had to modify my order slightly (added 1 unnecessary thing) beg. of January
  • got production week 11
  • received the confirmation that build was finished on March 15 (my youngest son's 3rd b-day... )
  • have my VIN# and info that F15 is heading towards Southampton
  • bmwarchive.de VIN decoder shows precisely what I have ordered

Now a question: how can I check online where exactly is my car and asses it's arrival date? My dealer promises last week of April pick-up in London. Realistic??
I tried to trace it with my VIN on bmwusa.com but it says "unable to find requested vehicle". Could it be due to the fact that this truck isn't US-destined but built&heading for EU?
Or, perhaps should have used my European address on the site (I logged-in with my CA91607 instead).
So, I'm a bit lost here, thanks for any guidance; BIG THANKS
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #703
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxembourg View Post
  • I ordered mine on Dec 6 (yeah, St Nicholas... )
  • had to modify my order slightly (added 1 unnecessary thing) beg. of January
  • got production week 11
  • received the confirmation that build was finished on March 15 (my youngest son's 3rd b-day... )
  • have my VIN# and info that F15 is heading towards Southampton
  • bmwarchive.de VIN decoder shows precisely what I have ordered

Now a question: how can I check online where exactly is my car and asses it's arrival date? My dealer promises last week of April pick-up in London. Realistic??
I tried to trace it with my VIN on bmwusa.com but it says "unable to find requested vehicle". Could it be due to the fact that this truck isn't US-destined but built&heading for EU?
Or, perhaps should have used my European address on the site (I logged-in with my CA91607 instead).
So, I'm a bit lost here, thanks for any guidance; BIG THANKS
Not sure how much this helps, but here is a link that describes tracking a BMW manufactured in Germany and going to the US. It may be the same for you going the other direction. I know from experience that once the car gets to port most BMW tracking is useless. You need to find out from your CA if the car has loaded onto a ship and which one. They will have this info.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=805879

Good luck and enjoy the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 04:58 AM   #704
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Build Complete!

After placing my order on 18th January, been told today that the car's status is ‘Assembly Complete’.
Apparently this means that the vehicle has been built, but is about to have its body panels fitted to complete the build.
I assume by the end of the week it will leave Spartabnurg for the long journey via Charleston Port to Bremerhaven onto Southampton then finally arrive sometime in May at my dealer in deepest Wiltshire.

Don't know why I still cannot get the VIN/Chassis Number, dealer has requested it. Seems like Europe is someway behind NA WRT BMW and the data they release to the people paying for the product. Why I just don't know.

Anyway, not too much longer to wait.....
Appreciate 0