boosted43
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 C43 AMG

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Issues with Coding X5 and iDrive

So I've tried to code my car and I was successfully able to code several modules. A few of them are not working as they should though. I wanted the option to have different color ambient lighting and coded it but it still shows the same 3 colors. I've tried resetting it to different colors to make sure I coded it properly but like I said - orange shows orange, blue shows blue etc.

Another issue I'm having is with connectivity with my iPhone X. My phone constantly disconnects and reconnects. It does it randomly. On top of that I can't update my iDrive - it tells me my usb device is not compatible or no update found. I've tried several devices all formatted as fat or fat32.

Lastly is the album art/song selection it doesn't sync and sometimes I can't use the scroll wheel to select a song it just shows the last song I played and I can not play the songs after but the ones before work.
      08-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #2
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Are you using Esys or OBD2 ?
you should also post here: https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1033991
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
mindcontrollerone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 / 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabawi91 View Post
So I've tried to code my car and I was successfully able to code several modules. A few of them are not working as they should though. I wanted the option to have different color ambient lighting and coded it but it still shows the same 3 colors. I've tried resetting it to different colors to make sure I coded it properly but like I said - orange shows orange, blue shows blue etc.

Another issue I'm having is with connectivity with my iPhone X. My phone constantly disconnects and reconnects. It does it randomly. On top of that I can't update my iDrive - it tells me my usb device is not compatible or no update found. I've tried several devices all formatted as fat or fat32.

Lastly is the album art/song selection it doesn't sync and sometimes I can't use the scroll wheel to select a song it just shows the last song I played and I can not play the songs after but the ones before work.
Sounds like you're on BimmerCode, make sure the slow communication is on in the settings.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #4
boosted43
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I'm actually coding via E-Sys
      08-17-2018, 01:44 PM   #5
joyride
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 M-Sport

I've not tried the ambient colors yet, but if the option/steps are there to edit, then I would assume you don't have the update that removes that ability. There are a few tutorials on that maybe follow a different one and try again.

As far as the update, I've never been able to do that either. Even with the latest .bin file from the /update site. Get the same message. But, I was able to do the maps update with the same USB device (fat32) so I know it's not the drive as the car recognizes everything for the map. I'm just assuming it's already up to date with the latest...
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 02:58 PM   #6
boosted43
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyride View Post
I've not tried the ambient colors yet, but if the option/steps are there to edit, then I would assume you don't have the update that removes that ability. There are a few tutorials on that maybe follow a different one and try again.

As far as the update, I've never been able to do that either. Even with the latest .bin file from the /update site. Get the same message. But, I was able to do the maps update with the same USB device (fat32) so I know it's not the drive as the car recognizes everything for the map. I'm just assuming it's already up to date with the latest...
I believe the reason I couldn't update was because my vehicle has the latest update already - that's what I'm reading. I'll try playing around with it again one of these coming weekends and see how it goes.
      08-19-2018, 05:51 PM   #7
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
:

The colors can't be changed if you have the latest update. Latest as of August 2017 for me.

Also two massive coding threads so please focus your coding questuons in them. One for ESYS and one for BimmerCode
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #8
boosted43
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
:

The colors can't be changed if you have the latest update. Latest as of August 2017 for me.

Also two massive coding threads so please focus your coding questuons in them. One for ESYS and one for BimmerCode
I'd prefer my own post but thanks.
      08-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #9
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
:

I'd prefer my own post but thanks.
Lol. It's cool man. You do you. The concept of search is a tough one. Glad I could help!
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 08:10 PM   #10
diesel733
Master of one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP IMOLA RED

Quote:

Quote:

What year is your X5? I know that the 2018 BMW took out the option to change the ambient lighting feature. I tried on mine and it didn't work.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #11
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel733 View Post
Quote:

Quote:

What year is your X5? I know that the 2018 BMW took out the option to change the ambient lighting feature. I tried on mine and it didn't work.
Doesn't matter about the year of the vehicle as much as the SW that's installed. Yes 2018 came with the most updated SW hence no changing colors. My 2014 was updated when I had my iDrive controller replaced a year ago (September 2017). Ever since then I lost the ability to change the colors.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 08:56 PM   #12
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Can someone give the version blocking the color change ?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 05:04 PM   #13
boosted43
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel733 View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Doesn't matter about the year of the vehicle as much as the SW that's installed. Yes 2018 came with the most updated SW hence no changing colors. My 2014 was updated when I had my iDrive controller replaced a year ago (September 2017). Ever since then I lost the ability to change the colors.
Wow I had my controller replaced last year and they updated the software too so that must be why the colors aren't working. Good to know!

Thanks for the help everyone, I forgot the version number but I'll check it and let you guys know.