BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-11-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
XBimmer1
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Wheels & Tire Question

Folks,

My 2016 X5 50i is already on second set of runfats in just 10,000 miles (had to replace 3 due to pothole nail etc. got new 4th so I can have new set. I have a 3rd row so didn't want to change to non-runflats since I won't be able to carry a spare but I really think that the RF tires are loud and can make a difference if I go nonRF route. I have 19inch wheels on Luxury Line. Went to Costco today they recommended Michelin Premier LTX to be best at $250 each installed, any thoughts from those who considered these or have them or just general thoughts? I know folks here highly recommend Conti DWS 06. How is the wet traction of Michelins? Not worried about snow as I have a 4Matic with snow tires for snow.

On a separate note - Just curios if I were to change wheels also (may best time to change wheels if I go non-RF) what would you recommend for MW? thinking about 20", 21" or 22" just not sure which one to go. I do want to go all season tires and not summer.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 03:58 PM   #2
XBimmer1
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Another question - If switch to nonRF is made plan to carry the repair kit of course. I'd also like to carry a OEM spare for long drives, is there a way to securely tie the spare in the cargo so to doesn't move around?
Appreciate 0