BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
AGV
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15

4MA M Multifunctional seats

I have already been sitting a couple of times in the salon in F86 with 4MA Multifunctional seats and to my opinion (my height is 194 cm and weight is 105 kg) they are very uncomfortable. Possibly a couple of hours in ring race I would endure these seats, but no more than that.
Firstly they are stiff, and secondly the head cushion is not adjustable, and it turns out that the upper limit of the head cushion is just above the place where my neck ends. I tried many positions, but I was not comfortable sitting in them.
I realized this clearly, when I moved after them in 456 comfort seats. I felt relaxation immediately, as I found myself in paradise. I tried to find out from the dealer, but unfortunately it is impossible to install them in F85 (and who in BMW took such a decision?). In Ukraine also standard seats (not sports seats like in F15) may be installed in F85. Anyone ever saw them?

In F85 I like upholstery Sonoma Beige. I thought to order F85 with 4MA Multifunctional seats, and then install additionally 456 comfort seats, but unfortunately, as I understood there are no 456 comfort seats with upholstery Sonoma Beige. The only colors that match are BMW Individual, but there I don’t like any color.

Please advise what to do? Because for this reason I am already starting to look at F15.

P.S. The thing is that our dealer only has F86 with 4MA Multifunctional seats available, and I just succeeded to try them. And I am going to buy F85. Is there any chance that it will be comfortable for me to sit on F85 seats, unlike the seats in F86?
P.S.S. According to our dealer I am not the first relatively tall guy who does not feel comfortable to sit on 4MA Multifunctional seats in F85/F86.

Last edited by AGV; 07-01-2015 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 03:58 AM   #2
dr.waxman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

If I were you, I would get your comfort sets and settle on colour that you are happy with. Comfort is more important.
IMO, the comfort seats don't look half as good as the MA option in F85/86, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.waxman View Post
If I were you, I would get your comfort sets and settle on colour that you are happy with. Comfort is more important.
IMO, the comfort seats don't look half as good as the MA option in F85/86, sorry.
Totally agree with you. The MA seat option sort of makes the interior of the F85/F86. Without them, it loses it's sporty cutting edge design, and becomes just another nice BMW interior. Also, the MA seat design is inline with the competitors to the X5 M, e.g. Rover SVR, Porche Cayenne Turbo S, etc. so the OP might have a difficult time finding a similar vehicle with seats he likes in this category.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #4
AGV
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15

In our country, the dealer can install in F85 - some sport seats (How they look like? According to this http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...CE/52/52_4101/ they differ from those which can be set in F15), in the interior color which I like - Merino Sonoma Beige. As I understand, they are very similar to the standard seats in F15.
Though at my size, standard seats are much more comfortable in the F15 than 4 MA in F85, it is still a bit strange to ride with such seats in F85, isn't it?

Last edited by AGV; 07-01-2015 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0