BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-28-2015, 09:38 PM   #1
token01
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M

BMW X6 M delivery this week - a few questions

Hey guys how are you?
so excited taking delivery finally of an ordered new BMW x6M this week in Australia

A few questions:

I have gone for the black leather option - some cars here look fantastic with the two tone but with this car being a workhorse for me I chose it for sleek and longevity. I have also gone for the carbon fibre trim with the car being Carbon black.

q1. The leather - I noticed on the demo i was given to drive around the leather on the front seats was creasing already after 1000km. What can be done by me or by the dealer to prevent this.

q2. squeaky brakes - the demo had squeaky brakes - should i ask for the dealer to paste the new brakes?

q3. I didn't order soft close doors and now wish i did - BMW Australia told me this morning it is a factory only option - any solutions?

q4. BMW perfomance parts - Im just getting quotes in now for BMW Au regarding some add on parts. I have heard Australian pricing for the stuff is really high - i.e 1300 -1400USD for carbon fibre side mirrors. Do you guys know how i can order genuine BMW parts from either the US or Europe. My dealer is happy to install them for me.

q5. I would love to hear your guys opinion on the parts Im getting and wether they would look great on the Carbon Black (bmw performance parts - remember Australia is really hard for after market hence going via BMW)
- kidney grille in Black
- side fenders from chrome to Black
- center console carbon fibre
- rear fins high gloss black
-illuminated door sills

Im a newbie on the forum and am soaking it all in so Apologies if some of this is covered already.

Kind Regards
Token01

Look forward showing you guys the journey with the car and delivery in the next week or so
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 05:38 AM   #2
dr.waxman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

CF mirrors ridiculously priced here in NA too. Have ordered the illuminated sills. Kidney grills n/a as getting night vision.
Don't want the CF centre console as already enough CF in trim IMO in my F85
Car will be SS so would like to keep chrome air vents
She's in the Pacific somewhere as we speak on boat TIRRANNA. Due to Auckland on 9/7
I tracked her through the Panama Canal via web cam-how is that for devotion haha?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 05:39 AM   #3
dr.waxman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

sorry I mean NZ
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 08:15 AM   #4
JB-A
Private First Class
No_Country