BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #419
rraghu75
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Got it, love it, still playing with it lol. Will post more later but here for now.
Congrats!! Ours is on the way from Oxnard,CA port to Seattle - expected delivery late this week.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #420
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia
Chrisny,

Nice ride. My vehicle's status says its at the port awaiting for a shipping vessel. Do you know how long you had to wait until it was shipped?

Also, I have all my fingers and toes crossed that you don't have any issues with the car.

Z.
Thanks! For me, it sat in "released for carrier" for a week then was picked up by the truck and got here 3 days later. Usually though, it gets here within 4 days or so when it's ready for the carrier. Took an extra week because of Thanksgiving.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #421
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraghu75
Quote:
Got it, love it, still playing with it lol. Will post more later but here for now.
Congrats!! Ours is on the way from Oxnard,CA port to Seattle - expected delivery late this week.
Thanks!! Good luck with yours!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #422
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rraghu75 View Post
Congrats! What spec car did you order?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #423
Vermillion Red
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Took delivery tonight!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #424
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

damn 3month wait
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #425
buckeyewalt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

I'm wondering if there are issues with the F15 chassis that we are not aware of. It seems like there are plenty of people who are on hold for an unknown time almost without a reason. It just seems odd that there are so many on the waiting list. Maybe I'm wrong, but then again, when was the last time a manufacturer ever wanted to say they were having issues with their new release?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #426
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt View Post
I'm wondering if there are issues with the F15 chassis that we are not aware of. It seems like there are plenty of people who are on hold for an unknown time almost without a reason. It just seems odd that there are so many on the waiting list. Maybe I'm wrong, but then again, when was the last time a manufacturer ever wanted to say they were having issues with their new release?
i hope that isn't the case but man 2-3 month wait...cray
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #427
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

My X5 is at the port waiting for a shipping vessel....for over a week now.

Z.

UPDATE: DELIVERED on 12/14/2013!!

Last edited by Zipforia; 12-14-2013 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #428
rraghu75
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 xDrive

Quote:
Thanks!! Good luck with yours!
Took delivery today.....what a beauty!! Will post pics later.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #429
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraghu75 View Post
Took delivery today.....what a beauty!! Will post pics later.
Congrats!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #430
dencoop
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche (991) 911 C4S Cab

My New Order as my current SAV is getting a buy back from BMW

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #431
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dencoop View Post

<Snipped image to save space>

Nice!

Couple of observations

1. You're changing wood trim this time? Just to be different?
2. You've got an insanely loaded car, but no Dynamic Handling package. Did you last X5 have it? Intrigued as to why you decided not to go with it....

What build week did they give you?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #432
tiburonh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV, 2015 x3 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencoop View Post

Hi Dencoop-

We're all hoping the second time around for you is the charm.

One question about your build here please: on the second page there is a line that says
"5AP Decoding for no-dazzle high beam performance." What the heck is this -- is this where they disable the great feature available in Europe where the high beams physically move around in reaction to different sorts of on coming traffic? if so, it gives us hope that maybe someone will figure out how to decode the decode to enable this feature in the US? (At any rate, nice that they mark this decoding as a "NC". i.e., no charge feature!)

Again, best of luck on your second try here.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 03:10 AM   #433
sf_bay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 (awaiting)

Hey all - I would like some help/advice.

I ordered an x5 35i on 11/24 that was pretty loaded but not quite every option. It was to be a December build. On 12/2 I added the 20" wheels and parking assistant. On 12/8 I added a B&O sound. On 12/8, I confirmed with the dealer that it was still okay to make changes and they said it was fine for a few more days. The B&O was accepted right away and they sent me the new spec.

Earlier this week, I called BMW USA to check the status of the car with the production number. They said it was slated for a week 50 or 51 build and to keep checking back as it should go into production very soon. Before I called BMWUSA, I also e-mailed my sales guy to get his take on the status. He got back to me a couple of days later (today) and said that it was now set for a February build and it was because I changed the options. I called BMW USA again and they confirmed the build had been pushed to February and she couldn't offer an explanation as to why other than "it's a global launch of the x5". I of course responded with "it isn't clear to me why bmw's bottleneck problems should be mine." The manager has a call into his BMW rep to see what's up.

From what I have read on these forums, I have learned:
- changing options doesn't in and of itself push out a build
- the 20" wheels (and potentially other options) are causing delays
- others are having delays
(feel free to correct any of the above)

My questions are:
1. Is there anything you would recommend I do try to remedy this? (e.g. push someone to get it sooner, identify what the bottleneck is, ask for something in return, etc.)
2. At first I worried that the dealer lied about actually giving me a Dec build, but I think they are being honest. Is it possible that I screwed something up by changing the options?

I welcome any/all feedback. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #434
bim_power
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Early in December, my local SA told me that the 20" wheels and rear cameras were on back order. I've not checked recently. For what is worth...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #435
MEL2272
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M Sport Alpine White

Quote:
Here's the specs. Yes Terra Dakota leather
On your pics the lights look like the LED light package but the spec sheet doesn't have them, are they included on the m sport??
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #436
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_bay View Post

I ordered an x5 35i on 11/24 that was pretty loaded but not quite every option. It was to be a December build. On 12/2 I added the 20" wheels and parking assistant. On 12/8 I added a B&O sound. On 12/8, I confirmed with the dealer that it was still okay to make changes and they said it was fine for a few more days. The B&O was accepted right away and they sent me the new spec.

Earlier this week, I called BMW USA to check the status of the car with the production number. They said it was slated for a week 50 or 51 build and to keep checking back as it should go into production very soon. Before I called BMWUSA, I also e-mailed my sales guy to get his take on the status. He got back to me a couple of days later (today) and said that it was now set for a February build and it was because I changed the options. I called BMW USA again and they confirmed the build had been pushed to February and she couldn't offer an explanation as to why other than "it's a global launch of the x5". I of course responded with "it isn't clear to me why bmw's bottleneck problems should be mine." The manager has a call into his BMW rep to see what's up.

My questions are:
1. Is there anything you would recommend I do try to remedy this? (e.g. push someone to get it sooner, identify what the bottleneck is, ask for something in return, etc.)
2. At first I worried that the dealer lied about actually giving me a Dec build, but I think they are being honest. Is it possible that I screwed something up by changing the options?

Item 2) No lie, as BMW USA initially stated week 50-51. Confirmed with dealer response.

From their point of view, they try to make/accept the changes. If they can then they have acquiesced to your request. Of course you/I want it yesterday. One would think that the change should not change ones production date. However, a change request for something(s) that is out of stock would logically prolong the delivery date. The danger of out of stock item is that it could be later, but hopefully sooner. Maybe you can ask to delete a change to see if that shortens your timeframe. I am only opining without the true facts, so FWIW.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #437
sf_bay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 (awaiting)

Quote:

My questions are:

Hey everyone-

I just spoke with my dealer and BMW issued a bulletin today to all US dealers. Apparently many (most?) vehicles slated for a December build will be delayed to January due to a shortage in one or more of the following items:
- 18” light alloy wheels
- 20” M light alloy double spoke wheels
- Nappa leather dashboard
- Rear view camera (50 will apparently have priority over 35 because it’s standard on the 50)
- Surround view camera
- Mocha nappa leather
- Ivory white nappa leather

The dealer said the bulletin indicated that if a customer wanted to remove all of the options above, BMW would pull the car back to a December production schedule. It didn't go into any detail as to the expected lead times for any specific item. For me, I ordered nearly everything on the list, so I am going to wait it out.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #438
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Hey everyone-

I just spoke with my dealer and BMW issued a bulletin today to all US dealers. Apparently many (most?) vehicles slated for a December build will be delayed to January due to a shortage in one or more of the following items:
- 18” light alloy wheels
- 20” M light alloy double spoke wheels
- Nappa leather dashboard
- Rear view camera (50 will apparently have priority over 35 because it’s standard on the 50)
- Surround view camera
- Mocha nappa leather
- Ivory white nappa leather

The dealer said the bulletin indicated that if a customer wanted to remove all of the options above, BMW would pull the car back to a December production schedule. It didn't go into any detail as to the expected lead times for any specific item. For me, I ordered nearly everything on the list, so I am going to wait it out.
Good decision, why get a stripped down version. 20" wheels, Nappa and one of the cameras is an on going issue. Perhaps demand as underestimated. Before seen and solely based upon various pic's on line most preferred the E70. For people who have received F15 and shared their views they like/love the looks and love the drive. Word is getting out.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #439
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinf
Quote:
Here's the specs. Yes Terra Dakota leather
On your pics the lights look like the LED light package but the spec sheet doesn't have them, are they included on the m sport??
It doesn't have the LED lighting package, but the LED corona rings are standard on all F15 X5's if I'm not mistaken, as are the adaptive, auto leveling Xenons. The LED lighting package I believe replaces the xenon part (main headlights) with full LED, and adds auto high beams. So if it's just the led corona rings you're after, you don't need the lighting package.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #440
Rene_Fonck
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BMW X5 35d

My order on December 23rd:

2014 X5 xDrive 35d
Dark Graphite Metallic
Black Dakota Leather
Fineline Pure Wood Trim
xLine (Running Boards deletion + 3MC High Gloss Black Roof Rails + 19" Orbit Grey wheels style 449)
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Dynamic Handling Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Package
Rear Manual Shades
Space-saver spare
Surround view
4-zone automatic climate control (required with Luxury Seating Package)
Harmon Kardon surround sound system

Build date: first week of January (arrives at dealership 4 weeks later)
Appreciate 0