BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #23
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn325ci View Post
I just kept calling during that period. Between the time I got the Production number and the time production actually began, BMW and my CA were very vague. In my case the 800 number said "scheduled for production with no firm date" for about 3.5 weeks. But then production all of a sudden began, and the whole car was built within the next week.
That's exactly what they have been telling me. Only last time, someone told me that it is estimated for production in Week 6. I hope everything speeds up for me as well once I get the production no.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #24
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Something isn't adding up. You can't have an estimated production week without an allocation, so it sounds like you DO have a production number. Further, as far as I know, the order number and production number are one in the same (and used to be called the production order number....). So I would call customer service to see why you can't add it online. Sounds to me like you're order is in and will go into production in a couple weeks, maybe sooner.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #25
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Something isn't adding up. You can't have an estimated production week without an allocation, so it sounds like you DO have a production number. Further, as far as I know, the order number and production number are one in the same (and used to be called the production order number....). So I would call customer service to see why you can't add it online. Sounds to me like you're order is in and will go into production in a couple weeks, maybe sooner.
You are right..
Just spoke to BMW customer service.. The rep said my order is in "No Quota Available" status. He had never seen that status before and he made a few calls and found out that my order could not be included in Jan prod quota and has been pushed out to Feb quota and should go in production next month. He said they are having supply issues and that could be the reason as well for feb quota. The requested production date for the order is Week 6 but BMW has not accepted the order yet. He confirmed the number I have is the production number. He said I will be able to add the vehicle online using that number once the order is accepted by BMW. He also mentioned that if the dealer didn't have allocation, they will not have been able to put the order in the order bank.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #26
rbarker33
Rep
Drives: 2017 xdrive 35i; 2014 GL550

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajkas View Post
You are right..
Just spoke to BMW customer service.. The rep said my order is in "No Quota Available" status. He had never seen that status before and he made a few calls and found out that my order could not be included in Jan prod quota and has been pushed out to Feb quota and should go in production next month. He said they are having supply issues and that could be the reason as well for feb quota. The requested production date for the order is Week 6 but BMW has not accepted the order yet. He confirmed the number I have is the production number. He said I will be able to add the vehicle online using that number once the order is accepted by BMW. He also mentioned that if the dealer didn't have allocation, they will not have been able to put the order in the order bank.

Sounds like your dealer doesn't have any allocations. Last week I finalized my order from a dealer in So Cal. Received production number before I left the dealership. Checked online a few days later and it is already in production. With a nice discount off MSRP.

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #27
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarker33 View Post
Sounds like your dealer doesn't have any allocations. Last week I finalized my order from a dealer in So Cal. Received production number before I left the dealership. Checked online a few days later and it is already in production. With a nice discount off MSRP.

Nice..
Can you share your dealer's info? May be I can switch to your dealer..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #28
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
You are right..
Siraj- Check your VIR or dealer speed print out. Status is listed on it.
here is mine. No quota avail - mean No allocations with dealer and No production number.

This is from dealerspeed application they use to put order in order bank. This doesn't mean order has been accepted by BMW.

Status
Priority Code: 1 - Customer Sold
Production Dates [Yr/Mo/Wk]
Req. Prod: 2014/02/06

Just to note that mine was put in order bank on 12/8. Looks like I need to find new dealer.

Quote:

Sweet!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #29
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice..
Can you share your dealer's info? May be I can switch to your dealer..
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #30
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

abhiku is right. If the order isn't accepted, there's no allocation. Entering in the order bank doesn't do anything until the allocation is attached, sales manager at my dealer told me as much himself as he entered it. He could have assured me it meant something (I was pissed, as my CA had told me the order was in when in fact it hadn't even been given to the sales manager let alone to BMW), but he was honest. Order bank just records it, not submitted until allocation is attached.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #31
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep

Looks like BMW rep just fed me bunch of bs...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #32
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

From my VIR, ( if it helps)
Production number 001234567 ( 9 digits)
Status Not shipped
Prod. month 10 -2013
Order date 8-6-2013
Sold/Ava sts S-Sold retail
Sold Date 8-2013

Actual delivery to dealer was middle Nov.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 02:07 PM   #33
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
Status Not shipped
Prod. month 10 -2013
Order date 8-6-2013
Sold Date 8-2013

Thanks..
Prod No on mine is blank.. Order status = "047 Spec released no"
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #34
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajkas
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
Status Not shipped
Prod. month 10 -2013
Order date 8-6-2013
Sold Date 8-2013

Thanks..
Prod No on mine is blank.. Order status = "047 Spec released no"
So I just looked back at the VIR from before my dealer got the allocation and it said the same thing, 47. No production number. So what the hell number did they give you that they called an order number? I don't see anything on mine that would be remotely construed as an order number (makes sense, since it wasn't ordered when this VIR was printed!)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #35
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So I just looked back at the VIR from before my dealer got the allocation and it said the same thing, 47. No production number. So what the hell number did they give you that they called an order number? I don't see anything on mine that would be remotely construed as an order number (makes sense, since it wasn't ordered when this VIR was printed!)
No clue.. The CA had texted me the order number. It's not on the VIR or any document. When I call BMW, I give them that number and they can lookup my order in the order bank with my name on it.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #36
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajkas
Quote:
No clue.. The CA had texted me the order number. It's not on the VIR or any document. When I call BMW, I give them that number and they can lookup my order in the order bank with my name on it.
Must be some internal number I guess. Makes sense it has something beyond production number to identify the record in the system.. But definitely sounds like no allocation yet. I was told they usually get allocations the first full week of the month. I would ask your CA if anyone is in line ahead of you, or if you have the next one they get..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #37
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Must be some internal number I guess. Makes sense it has something beyond production number to identify the record in the system.. But definitely sounds like no allocation yet. I was told they usually get allocations the first full week of the month. I would ask your CA if anyone is in line ahead of you, or if you have the next one they get..
Last time I checked with him around 10 days ago, he said there were 15 people ahead of me.. So I don't think I am getting an allocation anytime soon. Checked with my local dealer today. They have an open allocation but want 3k more for the car. I might just bite the bullet and take it. Dont know.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #38
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I would start calling other dealers, maybe consider further away if you need to. I know the wait lists have grown, but worth a shot. When I picked ours up in December, my CA said I ordered just in time, that any orders after that were looking at March the backlog had gotten so bad.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #39
x58881113
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5

X5 XD35i production

Does any one know how long it takes to go from order documented to production begins status?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #40
rbarker33
Rep
Drives: 2017 xdrive 35i; 2014 GL550

Quote:
Originally Posted by x58881113 View Post
Does any one know how long it takes to go from order documented to production begins status?
I can tell you what mine has done so far:

Ordered car at dealership on 1/13.
Received Production Number from Dealer on 1/13
I decided to call the 800 number today just to verify and it said it was in production and scheduled to complete production on 1/22.

Total of 9 days? Hard to beat.

I don't know what day production actually started as I did not start tracking right away.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #41
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I can tell you what mine has done so far:

Ordered car at dealership on 1/13.
Received Production Number from Dealer on 1/13
I decided to call the 800 number today just to verify and it said it was in production and scheduled to complete production on 1/22.

Total of 9 days? Hard to beat.

I don't know what day production actually started as I did not start tracking right away.
Lucky man !!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #42
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The 7 digit number they gave us is from Dealer Speed application they used to input orders in order bank.

https://www.dealerspeed.net/

When BMW accept the order, they will assigned new production number along with VIN number which can be use to track status on bmwusa.com.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #43
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiku View Post
The 7 digit number they gave us is from Dealer Speed application they used to input orders in order bank.

https://www.dealerspeed.net/

When BMW accept the order, they will assigned new production number along with VIN number which can be use to track status on bmwusa.com.
VIN isn't assigned until production starts (when status changes to 150), not when the order is accepted.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #44
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
VIN isn't assigned until production starts (when status changes to 150), not when the order is accepted.
Ok cool,
Appreciate 0