BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-18-2024, 06:04 PM   #1
miovo
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 sDrive35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [9.00]
Potential Electrical Gremlins... CD8E10/U0079

Lets see if someone here has experienced this or has any potential ideas of what could be going on.

Back story:
Started my 2015 X5 2 days ago, when I started my car I presented with a lovely check engine light. Car started fine, ran and drove fine, didn't seem as though anything was wrong. Got to my office and use a cheap OBD scanner I keep on me and got the code "U0079." This didn't return much of any help in my google searches.

My car is flashed with Bootmod3, so today I used the built in diagnostics in bootmod3 and got the code "CD8E10 LIN bus : Communication fault." No other codes were present. From what I was seeing on other forums, people had battery drain and other codes along with CD8E10... The battery has not drained over night, starts fine in the mornings, and no other codes have come up.

Here is where it gets weird:
Today, 8AM: Unlocked my car and my horn honked. Locked my car, unlocked itself.

10AM: Unlocked my car, alarm went off. Started my car, front windshield wiper went off.

10:15AM: Shut off my car, locked it, alarm went off.

4PM: Unlocked my car, horn honked. Started my car, rear windshield wiper went off

5PM: Shut off my car, locked it, horn honked and alarm went off.

Any and all ideas welcome... I'm just curious before I make an appointment with a shop.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 09:50 PM   #2
ustorative
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 435i

Have you resolved the issue? I am having the same issue
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 03:38 PM   #3
YEMX5
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

WHAT?!?!?

No BS @miovo That ALL just happened to me 10 days ago to my 2015 X5! It seems you and I are the only '15 X5 owners who experienced this!

I am going to rescan it and then try to drain the energy with the terminals. I'll post the details/results soon.
Appreciate 0