BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-30-2022, 07:29 PM   #199
flipper325
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 328xiT

I previously had my sister's 2016 X5 coded by an expert who was using BMW tools mentioned in this thread, which I bookmarked at that time. The guy charged me $100 for modifying a dozen or so options, which I thought was more than fair, especially as he did it remotely so it took extra time. The X5 was recently at the dealer and got a full software update which naturally blew away all the custom coding. Unfortunately the guy that previously coded has moved, and I could no longer get a hold of him to restore it from his saved database. So I borrowed my friend's Carly and iPad, and recoded everything (and more) myself in an hour, without any prior knowledge and experience -- it blew me away how easy it was! I screwed up one of the settings, so simply restored that module from an automatic backup, and recoded. As I understand, Protool is just as easy and just as capable -- it's amazing how far technology has progressed! And kudos to all the folks here that took the time and effort to reverse-engineer and learn how to code the old-fashioned way!
Appreciate 1