07-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #67
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Any updates?
No update. I figured out how to clear the Drivetrain Malfunctions and CEL in Esys using External Applications>External Application>Trasmitter>Clear All DTCs. This will get rid of the computer issue and allow the RaceChip to be utilized. The car drives normally just with very low power output currently. I hooked the RaceChip plug back in as I tested again since the Drivetrain wasn't going away and I'd rather have it cleared with the chip in than without. Also, my mechanic can't look at anything till Friday morning, which is why I was trying to solve the computer issue via coding software. For some reason, my Surface Pro 3 and Razer Blade 14 aren't recognizing the OBD2 adapter via my USB 3.0 Pluggable Adapter - I used this setup via my returned Dell Venue 8 Pro without any issue when golovan remotely coded for me. This is my first time using Esys myself and I installed everything correctly. Can you or anyone remotely help me to figure out why it's not picking up the connection? I even went to the connection settings tab in Esys and everything ICOM, VIN, HUB, etc were all selectable but the CONNECT was grayed out because no vehicle/connection was found at the top list.

Last edited by opasha; 07-16-2014 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #68
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
No update. I figured out how to clear the Drivetrain Malfunctions and CEL in Esys using External Applications>External Application>Trasmitter>Clear All DSTs. This will get rid of the computer issue and allow the RaceChip to be utilized. The car drives normally just with very low power output currently. I hooked the RaceChip plug back in as I tested again since the Drivetrain wasn't going away and I'd rather have it cleared with the chip in than without. Also, my mechanic can't look at anything till Friday morning, which is why I was trying to solve the computer issue via coding software. For some reason, my Surface Pro 3 and Razer Blade 14 aren't recognizing the OBD2 adapter via my USB 3.0 Pluggable Adapter - I used this setup via my returned Dell Venue 8 Pro without any issue when golovan remotely coded for me. This is my first time using Esys myself and I installed everything correctly. Can you or anyone remotely help me to figure out why it's not picking up the connection? I even went to the connection settings tab in Esys and everything ICOM, VIN, HUB, etc were all selectable but the CONNECT was grayed out because no vehicle/connection was found at the top list.
Way too advanced for me. Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #69
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Way too advanced for me. Lol
LOL, no worries, bro. I'm reading a lot today to figure everything out. I'm literally like a thread away from completing this. I copied all the folders correctly I think. Can someone knowledgeable post here or PM me on what folders need to go where. I've followed the step by step instructions for Esys installation and even shawnsheridan's random coding help from threads with limited connectivity issues. I just want to make sure I got everything right. There has to be a reason there's limited connectivity. I have two of these pluggable adapter cables and both work, I just tested them with the home Ethernet connection.
      07-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #70
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

If anyone can remotely help me with Team Viewer, please PM me. Thank you.
      07-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #71
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Removed the tune and all is well again. The provided cables given were probably faulty it seemed. Once everything from RACECHIP was taken out of my car, Drivetrain malfunction and CEL cleared without issue and has not returned. I'm very thankful to shawnsheridan for his help throughout the coding process. Lesson learned, won't be buying from RaceChip again. If they can provide bad wiring, who knows what will give out in the future with the current chips you all have installed. I pray that no one has any issues. Thanks to everyone for the positive help/feedback. I really appreciated it.
      07-18-2014, 11:11 PM   #72
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@opasha, glad that you got your car back to the way it was before.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #73
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
@opasha, glad that you got your car back to the way it was before.
Thank you, Ben, but I spoke too soon. Now, there is a persistent CEL despite using the ESYS program to reset and Clear All DTCs to get rid of it - it gets removed, but after restart of the car, it returns. I might just have to take this to BMW tomorrow to get it serviced .
      07-19-2014, 12:23 AM   #74
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

OMG, speechless.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #75
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
OMG, speechless.
On top of that, my SVT coding got reset so I lost all my coding. I now have to find my list of codes. Can you pm me your list and how you navigated to each folder if you don't mind. My coding list was very similar to yours +

This was my original list:
Disable iDrive legal disclaimer
Disable Rear and Side view camera legal disclaimer
Disable seat belt status display/annoying sound when belt is not on (I always put my belt on but I always hated the BMW sound when you take it off. I have a habit when I pull into my home and take off the belt)
Enable DVD in motion
Enable Fog Lights with High Beams
Enable key fob and driver side door handle to close the trunk (requires powered trunk)
Enable key fob and driver side door handle to fold mirrors and close windows - also time interval to 1 sec instead of 20
Enable video playback via USB Port and with various video formats
Opening doors will not interrupt window roll up (Front and Back)
Splash animation on the iDrive screen upon system load: Variant1 = M logo, Variant7 = White BMW logo, Variant8 = Brown bmw logo (same as HU_CIC), Variant9 = Merry Xmas
Transfer telephone ringtone to the car
Auto Start/Stop Off by Default - I got this done but don't remember where golovan found it - any clue?

Actually, I found your old excel list from the cheat sheet thread . After BMW clears this stupid check engine light, I'm gonna try to code these. Thanks for that list.

Also, quick question for you...in this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=742399, where is this Code located: ASP_ausklappen_nach_komfortschliessen? This I tried to search for this in BDC body and couldn't find it.

Last edited by opasha; 07-19-2014 at 01:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #76
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

@Opasha,
Here is the cheatsheet that I started.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9s4/edit#gid=0
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #77
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
@Opasha,
Here is the cheatsheet that I started.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9s4/edit#gid=0
Yeah, I found it. Thank you, my friend! The car is currently at BMW service now. They gave me an new 5 series X-drive diesel. The thing can move - has HUD as well. That's my first time seeing HUD - it's really nice.

I ended up learning coding last night. So when I get it back, I'll be able to code it all myself, thankfully following your cheat sheet.

Also, I just received the bigger/non-smoker tray you sent. Thanks again!

Last edited by opasha; 07-19-2014 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 06:22 PM   #78
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Just don't get spoiled with the diesel torque, hehe.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 06:29 PM   #79
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Just don't get spoiled with the diesel torque, hehe.
Haha, I know, it's really surprising me! I had no idea a diesel could run/move this well. Now, I really wish they would make the M50d in the states!
      07-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #80
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

So after, almost two weeks of back and forth emailing between myself, Dtmhaus, and RaceChip, Racechip says they will not give a refund. My email from Dtmhaus Representative Raul regarding what RaceChip said in order to avoid refunding me:

"1. Installation was not completed right.
2. Installation manual was not read by the installer
3. Parts were removed that did not need to be removed
4. Installation proved to be completed wrong when dummy plug did not revert to OEM settings
5. Parts and wiring harness was tested before shipping with German TUV standards
6. Customer did not supply information on the MAP sensor plug used and we needed to supply the adapter harness."

Not only did they not provide any proper feedback or information for the 5.0i engine, they blamed the lack of this information onto me. Before I even received the product, I had emailed Dtmhaus and RaceChip regarding the installation because they had NO INSTALLATION instructions for the 5.0i. I still read their provided N55 engine manaul (the wrong manual they provide because well, they don't have an N63TU manual or any manual similar that requires to MAP sensor plug ins). I didn't even get to use the chip because of the stupid Drivetrain Malfunction that occurred.

If anyone is interested and wants to give it a try, I have the RaceChip TB Ultimate for the F15 5.0i in mint condition for sale before putting it on Ebay. All I did was install it and it never got utilized, so everything is pretty much brand new. Even the way we did the install was very clean. I'm going to take a $100 hit and sell it for $500 with free shipping. PM me if you're interested. Thanks.

Last edited by opasha; 07-27-2014 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #81
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

@opasha,
Wow, that is very unprofessional.
I would file a dispute with the credit card company right away so they will learn the lesson.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #82
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
@opasha,
Wow, that is very unprofessional.
I would file a dispute with the credit card company right away so they will learn the lesson.
I would do that, but if the Credit Card company calls BMW service during their investigation into RaceChip, BMW will confirm that the chip messed something up with the air flow sensor; however, this will also void my warranty because this chip is not warrantied by BMW. My $3k warranty over a $604 chip...not worth it.
      07-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #83
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
I would do that, but if the Credit Card company calls BMW service during their investigation into RaceChip, BMW will confirm that the chip messed something up with the air flow sensor; however, this will also void my warranty because this chip is not warrantied by BMW. My $3k warranty over a $604 chip...not worth it.
I don't think they will call BMW. Claim that the product doesn't work as it should.
But it is your call.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #84
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I don't think they will call BMW. Claim that the product doesn't work as it should.
But it is your call.
I'll call my uncle, who is a really good lawyer, on how to best go about it in regards to calling my credit card company. Thanks again for the helpful info, Ben. I wish I had bought the Burger tune from your company instead. You actually help and care. Take care, buddy and enjoy your weekend!
      07-25-2014, 08:21 PM   #85
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Opasha, I wouldn't let you buy it since I haven't install and test it myself.
BMS told me that it should work, but I don't feel comfortable with just should.
I know that the engine type is N63tu, but I haven't got a chance to compare it part to part between the X5 5.0i and the 550i or 640i.
Until I am sure that it does work on the F15, I do need local X5 5.0i to borrow for me to test.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 08:45 PM   #86
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Opasha, I wouldn't let you buy it since I haven't install and test it myself.
BMS told me that it should work, but I don't feel comfortable with just should.
I know that the engine type is N63tu, but I haven't got a chance to compare it part to part between the X5 5.0i and the 550i or 640i.
Until I am sure that it does work on the F15, I do need local X5 5.0i to borrow for me to test.
Yeah, that's exactly why I respect you. You actually take the time to have the proper knowledge for helping people out.
      07-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #87
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

This is BS. I am the person who reached out to these guys and asked to give us a good deal on group buy basis after doing extensive research on how Racechip works. He asked if $50 off would be a good deal and I pushed for $150-$170 off, which eliminated their profits. They agreed because they are car enthusiasts as well and wanted to help.
I went back to them and sent a copy of this thread. They are not happy and I saw all emails from opasha. It's nice how you put them on blast here, but you forgot to mention that in bunch of your emails you proved that you or your mechanic never looked at the instructions, which come with pictures. You removed so many things to get to two plugs and all you had to do is stick your hands in, unplug the MAP sensors and plug in the tune. They told you to test the system with the dummy plug, which essentially puts the system back to oem, and that still did not fix your problem. This means your installation was wrong. You threatened them with a law suit and lawyers, but when they asked you to send them dealer's findings so they can fight it with the manufacturer of the chip, you claim you threw it away.........really?
I was actually willing to help you throughout this issue, but after comparing what you posted in this thread and reading actual emails from you to the company I lost all the respect I had for you.

R33, what a professional advice you give on a public forum to another member against a small business. You don't pay for sponsorship here and poach members via pm, which you tried with me and I was actually going to give you business for my M5 parts.
You are a business owner in this industry yourself, but you act with no ethics on this public forum. Please don't take this as a form of attack, but you pm'ing members to buy from you and speaking negatively of other businesses without having a proper account is against the rules. You advised him to file a chargeback with the credit card company without knowing both sides of the story on a group buy that set ground rules with no returns unless the tune has a defect and all of them including harnesses are tested in Germany before they are shipped to the US and DTMhaus tested them as well. How would you like this to happen to your business?
Remember that Karma is a.......!
      07-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #88
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
This is BS. I am the person who reached out to these guys and asked to give us a good deal on group buy basis after doing extensive research on how Racechip works. He asked if $50 off would be a good deal and I pushed for $150-$170 off, which eliminated their profits. They agreed because they are car enthusiasts as well and wanted to help.
I went back to them and sent a copy of this thread. They are not happy and I saw all emails from opasha. It's nice how you put them on blast here, but you forgot to mention that in bunch of your emails you proved that you or your mechanic never looked at the instructions, which come with pictures. You removed so many things to get to two plugs and all you had to do is stick your hands in, unplug the MAP sensors and plug in the tune. They told you to test the system with the dummy plug, which essentially puts the system back to oem, and that still did not fix your problem. This means your installation was wrong. You threatened them with a law suit and lawyers, but when they asked you to send them dealer's findings so they can fight it with the manufacturer of the chip, you claim you threw it away.........really?
I was actually willing to help you throughout this issue, but after comparing what you posted in this thread and reading actual emails from you to the company I lost all the respect I had for you.

R33, what a professional advice you give on a public forum to another member against a small business. You don't pay for sponsorship here and poach members via pm, which you tried with me and I was actually going to give you business for my M5 parts.
You are a business owner in this industry yourself, but you act with no ethics on this public forum. Please don't take this as a form of attack, but you pm'ing members to buy from you and speaking negatively of other businesses without having a proper account is against the rules. You advised him to file a chargeback with the credit card company without knowing both sides of the story on a group buy that set ground rules with no returns unless the tune has a defect and all of them including harnesses are tested in Germany before they are shipped to the US and DTMhaus tested them as well. How would you like this to happen to your business?
Remember that Karma is a.......!
You must have severely misunderstood many things. I'm not going to argue or belittle you, but when we had asked for your help earlier regarding the installation and information regarding the 5.0i since you helped a neighbor put it in, you were nowhere to be found.

1) I did not ever say anything bad about Dtmhaus...who are your friends and who you got a discount from. They have been nothing but helpful and the middle men in my communication with RaceChip. They could not give me a refund because they break even with the discounted sale and were not happy that this chip did not sit well with my car. RaceChip is at fault here and I told Kamil and Raul of Dtmhaus to tell them (RaceChip) that I would get my lawyers involved because of their unprofessional behavior - this was at the end of 37 emails; at this point, I have every right to be upset with RaceChip (THE MANUFACTURER), so don't you do dare call me out on things you have very little knowledge of. You know nothing about me. I'm intelligent enough and educated enough to know where the line is crossed when a company is bullying and not giving a damn about something they are in the wrong for.

2) Before the packages even arrived, I started this thread and started communicating with you in a kind/friendly manner alongside my first communication with Dtmhaus. They, themselves, had almost zero knowledge regarding the 5.0i, which is fine. It's not their product, so they are not responsible for knowing EVERY single thing about. This is where they started to communicate with RaceChip. RaceChip gave very little help and didn't even try to reach out to me. I had nothing but the pictures I provided in this thread that were provided by both Dtmhaus and RaceChip (RaceChip only provided the pictures of the X5M or some M engine- yes, ladies and gentleman, these guys don't have installation pictures of the new F15 X5 5.0i). So, what did I do after all this research and communicating before doing the install? I read the instruction manual posted in this thread that I posted pictures of. I then showed my mechanic as well. This is also the reason I watched the whole process myself. Together we had to figure out where the 2 MAP sensors were located, which is INSTRUCTION NUMBER 1 in the booklet. Then we did NUMBER 2, then NUMBER 3...and so on and so forth until plugging into the RaceChip Tune, which was securely placed to the side. (Um, if that's not following directions, then please educate me and tell me further how I should follow instructions).

3) I posted pictures from start to finish not for my benefit, but so that everyone in the forums that were considering the 5.0i RaceChip tune or just curious could see how the install was. There's a reason why RaceChip doesn't post pictures of this install. If they properly worked on a 5.0i N63TU engine, what reason do they have not to take pictures of the isntall? It's not that easy. Yes, if you have small hands, you can put your hands and maybe snag yourself against some metal if you like while you try really hard to push in the sensors...sure. My mechanic is about 6'5" and has rather large hands, so he had to remove the metal bar to have the easiest access and make sure he could securely zip tie the sensors and their cords so that nothing moved. The plug provided (the red one), which is the correct plug that goes into the 2 MAP sensors on each side of this large V8, had no clips to securely keep the plugs from disconnecting. The pink one (which did not fit) had clips. So this is the reason for using the yellow zip ties. My mechanic read the book word for word before starting the installation in front of me.

4) The only mistake I made was following the diesel tune thread and getting yours and other's advice about the E settings for S2. We had done this after everything was installed correctly. I drove off for about 4 minutes and turned the car around after seeing the CEL and Drivetrain Malfunction. I took the car back to the shop, called up RaceChip personally, and the guy explained to me that the forum members here knew nothing and were severely misinformed. He said to keep it at the stock settings being B for S2. I had never touched S1 as it was set to 1. We did this without issue and started up the car. The Drivetrain Malfunction persisted. I then called up RaceChip again, and we had about an hour discussion about the whole installation and I even provided the links to my 24 pictures and this thread. Do you know what he said to me? He said, "Everything looks perfectly installed...I don't know what else to tell you. We don't offer refunds if you purchase from DTMHaus." I then went about consulting everyone here and got a hold of shawnsheridan (a top coder in bimmerfest) and we spent about 4 hours over the course of two days to reset the BDC_body, reset DME using jumper cables, etc and nothing changed. This was all done with the Dummy Plug.

5) I threw away the BMW Service form because I was happy that my car was back to normal after this long headache. I did not think I would need it. As I stated, there were 2 things: 1) There was a factory recall on the DSC module - something to do with window regulators - not sure what that does. 2) The CEL turned out to be an air flow sensor issue. They unplugged it and plugged it back in - it did not say which one, but it rectified the CEL.

6) I'm an honest person. I do things correctly with plenty of research and help people in this forum to the best of my ability. Whether you respect me or not...that's up to you. Just know that I gave only facts from start to finish. I don't like RaceChip as a company. They're very unprofessional and I do not recommend them to anyone. DTMHaus, however, are very nice people and I do recommend them. I had no issues with them at all. Kamil and Raul were respectful and helpful throughout this process, and if I did anything to offend them or they misunderstood something, I apologize.

And for the record, I'm not filing anything with my credit card company - that's just a big hassle and not worth it. r33 just provided advice because he was also unhappy with a fellow member's situation as we all provide advice for other members when they are not treated well by dealers, companies, etc. I'm simply going to sell this kit here or on ebay since I have no other choice.

Last edited by opasha; 07-26-2014 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0