BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-05-2015, 09:13 PM   #45
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Well lets see you mentioned in this very thread that I misunderstood about being able to code the anti-dazzle on 55.1 Version cars.... This is why I am confused still.. not to mention that I am not familiar with the coding of our cars and its process.

Additionally, I am not trying to claim that I knew about the lights being decoded first, I just made a comment about it few weeks ago since on my build sheet it had the comments that they were decoded and then someone responded that they were not the same hardware.
The misunderstanding was that you thought I coded it on someone with 55.1 when I did not (that's ok, that wasn't your fault and could have been misunderstood by anyone based on all the random replies people were giving). As long as a car is codeable, everything else is able to be done. So, 55.1 now being codeable, allows us to code the LED feature since it is VO Coding (much simpler/easier than fdl coding). I hope that clears things up.
      04-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #46
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

I have been a hold-out for coding, but after the dealer does the 55.1 upgrade it will be time for me to reconsider.

Anti-dazzle would be awesome for my 3-4K run late next month across 5-6 states.

But teaching me to take the plunge will frustrate even a saint as my novice credentials will be on full display!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 02:18 PM   #47
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Well lets see you mentioned in this very thread that I misunderstood about being able to code the anti-dazzle on 55.1 Version cars.... This is why I am confused still.. not to mention that I am not familiar with the coding of our cars and its process.

Additionally, I am not trying to claim that I knew about the lights being decoded first, I just made a comment about it few weeks ago since on my build sheet it had the comments that they were decoded and then someone responded that they were not the same hardware.
Have faith in Omar, our resident guru. You simply cannot find a more reliable coder that is doing all these for the community for "free", he's been helping everyone so much that teamviewer almost banned his ip address lol!

Omar bro, when is my turn? =D
      04-06-2015, 05:16 PM   #48
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy07 View Post
Have faith in Omar, our resident guru. You simply cannot find a more reliable coder that is doing all these for the community for "free", he's been helping everyone so much that teamviewer almost banned his ip address lol!

Omar bro, when is my turn? =D
No, I have faith in Opasha! I haven't been following the coding part of this community so I am just reading bits and pieces here and there and I wasn't understanding what exactly was going on with the anti dazzle and the new software version. All is clear now
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 10:39 PM   #49
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
Check out the coding thread. Opasha finally figured it out. I am proud to report Anti-Dazzle is fully functioning on my car with no blinding issues.

Thanks again to Omar for all he has done for all of us to enjoy our vehicles more than ever!!!!

Everything you need to know is in the coding thread. Enjoy!!

Can you post a picture or a video of you following another car with the anti dazzle engaged? Keep in mind the anti dazzle feature takes into account the ambient light source around you so testing in the city is not feasible. I've VO coded my entire SVT tree minus the DME and its not fully functional on my LED's. Granted the lights move and dip, which that's been solved for a while now. The problem we've had is the shadow box over the car in front. You can clearly see the black box over the car in this pic. This is what we're not able to reproduce, hence causing a glare and blinding other cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #50
delviacv2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i & 2015 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Can you post a picture or a video of you following another car with the anti dazzle engaged? Keep in mind the anti dazzle feature takes into account the ambient light source around you so testing in the city is not feasible. I've VO coded my entire SVT tree minus the DME and its not fully functional on my LED's. Granted the lights move and dip, which that's been solved for a while now. The problem we've had is the shadow box over the car in front. You can clearly see the black box over the car in this pic. This is what we're not able to reproduce, hence causing a glare and blinding other cars.
it is tuff to take a pic, on this one you can see that the left high beam is on

2014 X5 50i Carbon Black/ M Sport
-BM3 Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 10:42 PM   #51
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delviacv2 View Post
it is tuff to take a pic, on this one you can see that the left high beam is on

Yes, but the right high beam should be on and its clearly not. This is what makes up the shadow box
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #52
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Yes, but the right high beam should be on and its clearly not. This is what makes up the shadow box
Could it be the road's curve towards right? That could explain it. I agree that we have yet to see a video that clearly shows this, but it could be the environment. Just too many street lights to clearly make out the effects, and too many stops that turn the system off. A nice, dark country road (your back woods? ) would be great.
      04-09-2015, 09:34 AM   #53
Wobbles
Second Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F02, F13, F15

OMG. I spend 2 weeks away in New Zealand (Easter break) and upon returning home, what do I see? More confirmation that there is a God - and his name is opasha

All hail Omar
Appreciate 3
      04-09-2015, 10:36 AM   #54
delviacv2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

It definitely Works like the video, I even had the wife drive in front of me on the highway for 20 minutes or so to see if the lights would bother her, and she said that definitely not, and in many occasions there was both left and right high-beams on.

so far the coolest feature I seen, there was a car coming in the opposite direction and there was nobody in front of me and it keept both high-beams on but it made a tunnel for the oncoming car and it keept track of that car until it was very close to me and then it turned the left high-beam off.
2014 X5 50i Carbon Black/ M Sport
-BM3 Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #55
mrwilby
Private
Rep
Drives: Q7, X5

This is indeed great news and I also would like to thank Omar and all involved for their efforts! I had given up hope after the discovery last year (?) that usa headlight assemblies used different part numbers to RoW, but now this looks very promising again.

Nice work!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #56
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delviacv2
It definitely Works like the video, I even had the wife drive in front of me on the highway for 20 minutes or so to see if the lights would bother her, and she said that definitely not, and in many occasions there was both left and right high-beams on.

so far the coolest feature I seen, there was a car coming in the opposite direction and there was nobody in front of me and it keept both high-beams on but it made a tunnel for the oncoming car and it keept track of that car until it was very close to me and then it turned the left high-beam off.
Can you send me your complete CAFD files from your SVT. I've coded my LEDs just as opasha suggested and mine aren't working like the video. If you send me your files I can compare with mine and see if there's a difference. Thanks
      04-16-2015, 07:34 PM   #57
blinders
Rep
Drives: 2021 TB X5M

I'm having the same problem...I coded mine and I had my wife drive in front of me and she stated that they were incredibly blinding still. Oncoming traffic was good, but the shadow box will not appear for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 08:52 PM   #58
delviacv2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can you send me your complete CAFD files from your SVT. I've coded my LEDs just as opasha suggested and mine aren't working like the video. If you send me your files I can compare with mine and see if there's a difference. Thanks
Hey sorry I just noticed you post, we can try this weekend. I don't know how to pull it but you can log in in team viewer and check it out.

Delvi.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 04:58 PM   #59
RaslDasl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
Bottom line is that they work great and I am amazed that this technology is sitting dormant in all US equipped LED cars.
Will this work on an X3 with the LED package? I'm thinking of adding LEDs to my build and this might tip the scales in favor of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 04:14 PM   #60
Dataready
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

VO

Quote:
Originally Posted by delviacv2
Quote:
Hey sorry I just noticed you post, we can try this weekend. I don't know how to pull it but you can log in in team viewer and check it out.

Delvi.
Guys, since the anti dazzle is a VO coding, do I have to re do all my other coding again ( re-code all CAFD) like close mirror and turn radio off when door open... Etc.? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #61
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@Dataready , VO code stays, unless they remove or change the option line again.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 05:56 PM   #62
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

He meant does he lose all his FDL coding. The answer is yes, you'd have to re-code all the little things again, OP.
      04-25-2015, 07:43 PM   #63
Dataready
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doanster
He meant does he lose all his FDL coding. The answer is yes, you'd have to re-code all the little things again, OP.
Thanks Doanster. That is exactly what I meant. I do have back up of the CAFD, I will VO code the anti dazzle then re-inject all the previous coding back in.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 01:12 PM   #64
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I am going to resurrect this old thread since the question of how to code No-Glare High Beam (aka Anti-Dazzle) on US-spec F15s appears to finally be really solved and there is no point in starting yet another thread on the topic.

This video by shadowyman shows NGHB working correctly on his US-spec F36: unlike those produced by BMW, it is not post-processed in any way (although it is helped by the light fog) and thus provides a good idea of what to expect.

This video taken last night with a hand-held iPhone by delviacv2 shows NGHB in action on his 2015 F15.

The attached PDF has the instructions on how to fully enable NGHB on US-spec F15/F16/F85/F86. If there are any questions or comments regarding these instructions, I will do my best to answer them in this thread.

It would be great to see a better video of NGHB in action on an F15 at some point.

Edit: Attachment removed. An updated version can be found in post #107.

Last edited by dmnc02; 01-08-2016 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2015, 09:05 PM   #65
yk1988
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
I am going to resurrect this old thread since the question of how to code No-Glare High Beam (aka Anti-Dazzle) on US-spec F15s appears to finally be really solved and there is no point in starting yet another thread on the topic.

This video by shadowyman shows NGHB working correctly on his US-spec F36: unlike those produced by BMW, it is not post-processed in any way (although it is helped by the light fog) and thus provides a good idea of what to expect.

This video taken last night with a hand-held iPhone by delviacv2 shows NGHB in action on his 2015 F15.

The attached PDF has the instructions on how to fully enable NGHB on US-spec F15/F16/F85/F86. If there are any questions or comments regarding these instructions, I will do my best to answer them in this thread.

It would be great to see a better video of NGHB in action on an F15 at some point.

Thank you so much for the summary and the step by step coding instruction. i just got my f16 last week, this is exactly what i need as a newbie on coding.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #66
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yk1988 View Post
Thank you so much for the summary and the step by step coding instruction. i just got my f16 last week, this is exactly what i need as a newbie on coding.
Put it this way: it requires both VO and FDL coding and (in the case of pre-2016 cars) also directly editing Werte values. So it is a perfect way to practice all the coding techniques: after you code this, you can code anything else