04-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #23
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7 View Post
You know what I noticed? When I walk to my car during the day and I press the unlock from key fob, the angels won't turn on! It only does it at night or when it's dark... Anyone has the same problem? May be a coding thing... I'll look into it as well!
Weird, I rarely use the keyfob, but when I open up the car using CA, they are always on.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #24
2014_F15
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X15 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Here is the cheat sheet for now as promised.
Gotta run for now, there are a lot more basics coding that can be looked under F10 or F30 cheat sheet, but yet to confirmed.
The cheat sheet is full access to anyone, feel free to edit, add, and correct.
This is great. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #25
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching for X6M or M8

guys, accidently I pressed the code default values and now my truck won't turn on... can you PM please?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #26
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7 View Post
guys, accidently I pressed the code default values and now my truck won't turn on... can you PM please?
Which module did you default code?
      04-21-2014, 10:56 PM   #27
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Body_

I was coding and my ambient lighting turned off... so I was going to go back, but my friends laptop I'm using for coding (I own Macbook) the mouse moved when I was going to press coding and moved to the one below and it just messed everythign up.

I was coding BODY_ and that's the one that got "Code default values."
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #28
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

Let the car sleep for about 20 minutes, maybe longer.

Ambient lighting disappearing is normal when coding BDC_BODY. It usually returns after about 10 minutes with the car sleeping.

Default coding shouldn't screw things up unless you significantly altered your VO. I'm assuming you haven't.

No offense, but this is why I'm against people coding their own cars.
      04-21-2014, 11:07 PM   #29
bradbragg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 sDrive 35i

Talking Finally!

r33, you are the man!!!

Just had finished my first coding session and wondering why the single setting for HUD turn signals didn't work and came inside to find you had posted this. Thanks a million...it really helps. Confirmed that codes worked. I did get an error that my instrument panel was malfunctioning after I did the turn signal coding but I'm hoping that was just a temporary thing and no big deal.

Can someone explain what exactly open close window via key fob/comfort access do?

Thanks again to r33 and the others here that have helped. Just bought my cable a few days ago and I'm happy now.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #30
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbragg View Post
Can someone explain what exactly open close window via key fob/comfort access do?:
You can roll down/roll up the windows and open/close the roof using the keyfob and the comfort access strips on the doors.

On US cars it's possible to open things but not close them.
      04-21-2014, 11:10 PM   #31
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I understand,

Sorry, I had been coding the X5 and don't have problems, but in all honestly I did not know my friend's computer's mouse would move sometimes when one would click, so it went from "CODE" to the "Code Default Values" button... I don't own a Windows laptop, so I borrowed my friends! Bad idea!

Hopefully everything is ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post

Ambient lighting disappearing is normal when coding BDC_BODY. It usually returns after about 10 minutes with the car sleeping.

Default coding shouldn't screw things up unless you significantly altered your VO. I'm assuming you haven't.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #32
bradbragg
Private
United_States
Rep

Question 2 more questions

I came across 2 other questions when I was snooping around the modules on Esys.

I saw something called Speech_2_Text. Would activating this do anything, or does it require other software or hardware not on US builds?

If I have the regular, non-LED headlights and I enable the high beam assistant, will this work to automatically switch from high to low beams with oncoming cars, or is it only for the LED headlights? Is it just the one setting, or are there other settings to change?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 11:31 PM   #33
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7
I understand,

Sorry, I had been coding the X5 and don't have problems, but in all honestly I did not know my friend's computer's mouse would move sometimes when one would click, so it went from "CODE" to the "Code Default Values" button... I don't own a Windows laptop, so I borrowed my friends! Bad idea!

Quote:

Let it sleep. If worse comes to worse i can PM you my phone number.

Does the OBD interface work? Meaning you can still see modules? Or did your friend leave?

I bricked my car during the install of the taillights. Fortunately I had the tools to get it alive again but it took about 5 hours. Everything was dead. But we were doing more than just simple coding.
      04-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #34
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbragg
I came across 2 other questions when I was snooping around the modules on Esys.

I saw something called Speech_2_Text. Would activating this do anything, or does it require other software or hardware not on US builds?

If I have the regular, non-LED headlights and I enable the high beam assistant, will this work to automatically switch from high to low beams with oncoming cars, or is it only for the LED headlights? Is it just the one setting, or are there other settings to change?
I'm not sure if the option in NBT for high beam assistant would work. If you don't have the stalk control there's no way to manually turn it on and off. BMW seems to have removed the automatic setting.
      04-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #35
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer
Quote:
I understand,

Quote:

Does the OBD interface work? Meaning you can still see modules? Or did your friend leave?

I bricked my car during the install of the taillights. Fortunately I had the tools to get it alive again but it took about 5 hours. Everything was dead. But we were doing more than just simple coding.
My friend is staying over... Everything else works, lights, alarm, soft does, tail hate open and iDrive as well... The laptop will stay here... I'll let you know the status... Thanks a bunch!

I can see other modules...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 12:29 AM   #36
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer
Quote:
I understand,

Quote:

My friend is staying over... Everything else works, lights, alarm, soft does, tail hate open and iDrive as well... The laptop will stay here... I'll let you know the status... Thanks a bunch!

I can see other modules...
Let it sleep. Battery pull might also help. But it's not the easiest to get to. It's in the rear under the floor. A couple bolts to remove.
      04-22-2014, 04:48 AM   #37
Jenya B
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X5 F15d Msport

Quote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Here is the cheat sheet for now as promised.
Gotta run for now, there are a lot more basics coding that can be looked under F10 or F30 cheat sheet, but yet to confirmed.
The cheat sheet is full access to anyone, feel free to edit, add, and correct.
BIG thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #38
bradbragg
Private
United_States
Rep

Exclamation minor detail

As I had mentioned, when I coded the HUD turnsignal codes and the iDrive system rebooted, I was notified of an instrument panel error and it stated that I would need to go to a service center.

Started up car today and noticed little "i" logo (or was it an explanation point, can't remember) on left of instrument cluster and noticed that clock was blank (no time displayed, just --:--). I went to settings in iDrive, unchecked auto time set then manually set the time and date. Rechecked box for auto time set and everything back to normal. Little warning logo disappeared and time is normal again.

Just FYI if you run into this.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #39
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbragg View Post
As I had mentioned, when I coded the HUD turnsignal codes and the iDrive system rebooted, I was notified of an instrument panel error and it stated that I would need to go to a service center.

Started up car today and noticed little "i" logo (or was it an explanation point, can't remember) on left of instrument cluster and noticed that clock was blank (no time displayed, just --:--). I went to settings in iDrive, unchecked auto time set then manually set the time and date. Rechecked box for auto time set and everything back to normal. Little warning logo disappeared and time is normal again.

Just FYI if you run into this.
Brad,
Yes, that happened because you resetted the HUD module where it clears out everything. You just need to uncheck the auto time set, exit the menu to have the settings saved, then go back in and re-check the auto time set.
I don't remember exactly, but I think after a few time of coding and recoding, I just left it alone and it updates by itself after the car went to sleep.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #40
bradbragg
Private
United_States
Rep

Would anyone be so kind as to add the directions to change the ACC cruise control default distance to the closest setting? I use the ACC a ton and this would really help.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #41
atomic80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997TT

Quote:
Many thanks for posting this! I've been wondering as well. Do you have a link to both the F10 and F30 cheat sheets as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #42
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

I found this by browsing around. It's a recent cheat sheet for the F25 -the interface we have to use for our F15 in ESYS- so it must be quite similar except the BDC Body folder of the F15. Compare it to r33's and see what matches to verify stuff

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FTE9MS3c#gid=0
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #43
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Vented seat temp? Can someone explain?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #44
atomic80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997TT

Increase the speed/strength in which the ventilation fans operate in cooling you down. It operates at a certain speed/strength at default.
Appreciate 0