BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-19-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
icreate
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5 35d M Sport

Question Dynamic Adaptive suspension overrides M-Sport?

I am going to order and a 35D X5 for the 4th time, yes three failed times due to dealer mess up.

Anyway, the Canadian bmw online tool states that if I order the Dynamic Adaptive Suspension with M-Sport, it will remove the M-Adaptive Suspension.

any idea?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
zeusdogo
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

I had same issue, I ended up not getting DAS.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
Babs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I just checked the BMW Canada online build tool. It does say that Dynamic Adaptive Suspension if ordered with M Sport, will replace the Adaptive M Suspension. Based on similar experiences with BMW USA build tool, I think DAS in Canada is DHP in the USA. So, it really does not replace Adaptive M Suspension but adds a more capable and functional suspension option.

Check this forum thread for additional information.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ndling+package

There are also many posts on the forum you can search to get additional information about the differences in both suspension options.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #4
icreate
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

It is very strange that it does not even say what we get instead.

More interestingly, a year a ago, I sent a request to BMW Canada about the difference, here was their response:
-----
We have received confirmation of the following differences between the M Adaptive Suspension and the Dynamic Suspension Package. We hope you find this information helpful.

M-Adaptive 2VF – Has variable shock absorbers and air suspension in the rear
Dynamic Adaptive 2VP – Has electronically variable stabilizer bars and variable torque distribution between left and right rear wheels.
-----
they later also said that both can be ordered together.

So that is more like what Babs mentioned. But now it says something different.

Based on everything I read and comments from everybody on the forum I want the 2VP but I do not want the softer suspension. I hope it adds more something more capable.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 07:44 AM   #5
icreate
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusdogo View Post
I had same issue, I ended up not getting DAS.
Do you know if this is a recent change? How long ago have you placed your order?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 08:31 AM   #6
zeusdogo
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by icreate View Post
Do you know if this is a recent change? How long ago have you placed your order?
I placed my order on April 15th, and now I'm contemplating on adding DAS. I will call my SA and see if he can make it happen.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #7
Babs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

More interestingly, a year a ago, I sent a request to BMW Canada about the difference, here was their response:
-----
We have received confirmation of the following differences between the M Adaptive Suspension and the Dynamic Suspension Package. We hope you find this information helpful.

Dynamic Adaptive 2VP – Has electronically variable stabilizer bars and variable torque distribution between left and right rear wheels.
-----

Based on everything I read and comments from everybody on the forum I want the 2VP but I do not want the softer suspension. I hope it adds more something more capable.
If you can afford it, go for Dynamic Adaptive 2VP. You can't go wrong. Its the best suspension option BMW offers for the X5 providing a combination of comfort and sportiness.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #8
ccorodan
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40d F15

icreate, you did not mention - did you order a car with the third seats row?

I had exactly the same question some time ago when I wanted to order an X5 with 3rd seats row (4UB), M Sport Package (337), which in Switzerland includes 2VF, and Dynamic Handling Package (2VP). In the end I have ordered a car with 4UB and 337. The salesman could only tell me that the system does not allow him to order the combination above. I have sent this question to BMW Switzerland and the answer the answer received after three weeks is that the combination of 3rd seats row with M Adaptive Suspension and DHP is technically impossible, but that I can order any combination of two of these packages. In Switzerland 2VF is a must-have for ordering 2 VP.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #9
icreate
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccorodan View Post
icreate, you did not mention - did you order a car with the third seats row?

I had exactly the same question some time ago when I wanted to order an X5 with 3rd seats row (4UB), M Sport Package (337), which in Switzerland includes 2VF, and Dynamic Handling Package (2VP). In the end I have ordered a car with 4UB and 337. The salesman could only tell me that the system does not allow him to order the combination above. I have sent this question to BMW Switzerland and the answer the answer received after three weeks is that the combination of 3rd seats row with M Adaptive Suspension and DHP is technically impossible, but that I can order any combination of two of these packages. In Switzerland 2VF is a must-have for ordering 2 VP.

No I am not ordering the 3rd row seats. The online tool in Canada does not allow for Dynamic Adaptive to be ordered with it.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #10
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:

-----

-----

You would ideally want to get both
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #11
icreate
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I did some research and reading the thread:
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1062309
Dynamic Handling comes with 2VM (comfort) as opposed to 2VP (the firmer version).

So I thought may be BMW is saving M-Adaptive suspension for the best (X5M), may be?

If you read the ordering guide for the X5M:
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1067928
X5M actually comes with 2VM not 2VF. (2VF is not even an option for X5M)

Now I am confused.

So I will take Babs's advice and just get the 2VP even if it means replacing the M adaptive suspension.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:24 PM   #12
Babs
Private First Class
Rep

@ icreate, keep it simple. Get the 2VP. It's the best suspension option you can get for F15s in Canada.
Appreciate 1