04-20-2015, 05:24 PM   #23
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo380
I don't understand the hate. I've seen so many mercedes cars that have the AMG-package and have the amg badges on the trunk lid and the sides.

Coming from an enthusiast myself, I don't see whats wrong with it.

I just purchased a 2014 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport yesterday from here in Richmond, British columbia canada. It already had the M-badges on the left and right side vents.

And besides who made you haters the authority on whats acceptable and not? This is a BMW community, we shouldn't be ripping on each others rides.
Don't get me wrong but people aren't used to it here in the states (majority of users)

So that is why it's a big no-no for us here. Other parts of the world it comes standard on M sport vehicles.

I think the hate comes truly when somebody tacks a ///M badge in front of behind their numbered cars.

Excluding the M235i which is factory from BMW
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #24
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
Heat with a blow dryer and then use fishing line/dental floss behind the badge and you can use it to separate the badge from the car. Search on how to de-badged car and you will be able to find 100 how to videos
In order to get the residue of adhesive off you will need an "adhesive solvent" sold in automotive supply stores, or naphtha from a hardware store. Test the solvent in an inconspicuous place first. It is also good for removing road tar when detailing.

I added those M badges to mine are removed the X-drive. I like the look
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #25
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
I never understand nor will I ever why people want to put a ///m badge on a non-m car.
the M-Sport already has several anyway, so one or two more just add to the flavor. It's all part of personalizing your ride. The average Joe on the street will not even notice anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #26
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

I can understand if someone tries to come off as a poseur and put ///M badge on the trunk lid, get the same front grill as the X5M, and the side curtain covers that say X5M. But to put a simple ///M badge on the side like it is done in EU and apparently in Canada, I don't see the problem because the X5M doesn't have this badge on there anyway. So to the people who doesn't know about the M cars won't know what those badges mean... and for the people who actually knows BMW will know that those badges don't indicate it is an actual M car. Before the Msport was added tot he BMW lines, the same people use to cry about people buying ///M wheels and ///M steering wheels. Now BMW puts them on at the factory for US cars! Where is the hate on the Msport ///M badges on our current Msport?
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2015, 05:37 AM   #27
schaeffs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

IMO the only person that it matters to is the one who owns the car.

My 40d M-Sport had so many letters on the side that for my M50d I've had it all de-badged by the factory - I might add a little M-Badge on the side but undecided - reckon it will look good like the photo above but totally up to whoever owns it to decide!
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2015, 01:01 PM   #28
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Kzang You have said it best, even x5m doesn't have these over abundant M badges, so why do it? We have enough badges on the car as there is. Leave the M for true M cars
      04-22-2015, 10:00 AM   #29
stewy604
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport

At first I was dissappointed that my X5 M-Sport didnt come with the M above the side gills, but with the rest of the vehicle badgeless...it looks much cleaner. Door sill and steering wheel accents are enough.
Appreciate 1