BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #23
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan725 View Post
Indy, I stand corrected! Math was never my strength, but I told my rep that all reviews on messing with F85 springs ends badly, and he agreed, and the pedals are no good in wet/snow conditions which is common where we live. I did promise to upgrade to the cold air and subsequent stage 2 if they would badge early.
Good luck with yours! Can't wait to see the pics!!
Can you elaborate on the springs? I was thinking of lowering mine, but haven't done any research yet.

I'll for sure do Dinan intake+tune and probably exhaust too, depending on how I like the stock sound once I get mine.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 03:13 PM   #24
Dan725
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M (F85)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3
Quote:
Indy, I stand corrected! Math was never my strength, but I told my rep that all reviews on messing with F85 springs ends badly, and he agreed, and the pedals are no good in wet/snow conditions which is common where we live. I did promise to upgrade to the cold air and subsequent stage 2 if they would badge early.
Good luck with yours! Can't wait to see the pics!!
Can you elaborate on the springs? I was thinking of lowering mine, but haven't done any research yet.

I'll for sure do Dinan intake+tune and probably exhaust too, depending on how I like the stock sound once I get mine.
I googled and just did some searches on this board. Some really good info about it. Lots more wear and tear on the joints and whatnot if you change springs. Not a single post suggests anything positive about it.
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 07:28 AM   #25
monkiboy
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '17 x5 3.5i w/MPPK & MPE

its been a long while and since you're local and i have my own f15 coming was following along here. any update?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #26
zjaiz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MComp

Quote:
In a few other posts it was requested that I post photos of my new X5M, so here you go. It has 115 miles on it, and just got LoJacked and Auto Armored at the dealership today. They also installed the CF console and shifter, along with M door projection lights. Dinan exhaust and Stage 1 has been ordered, and Dinan said that they will badge my vehicle! As you can see, I went black on black with the B&O system and night vision. Also went with the 20's, which I regret as there are plenty of options for the 21" rims for winter driving. My trunk came with a spare tire versus the finished extra cargo space. I am currently averaging 9.9mpg.[IMG][/IMG]
Nice setup! If you can send me a link where i can get the m projection lights would highly appreciate it!
Appreciate 0