BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-18-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
wakethetown
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 xDrive 50i

Front Seat Fuse Issue

Apologies for cross-posting: my wife has a 2015 X1 and three months ago the passenger front seat stopped sliding. A trip to the dealer revealed a blown fuse. Fast forward three months, the seat went out again today, but this time it's all controls. In looking at the documentation of prior service, I was shocked they charged her $130. Fuses are "not covered by warranty". Now to my questions, (1) does this reoccurrence suggest an underlying , perhaps electrical issue? (2) If this be the case, should the dealer refund us the fee for their prior service? (3) Isn't $130 a rip off for changing a fuse? (4) What are the special properties of fuses that render them ineligible for warranty coverage?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2017, 12:54 PM   #2
bcromwell
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15 E60

Has to be a motor pulling to much amperage, if you are paying 130$ they should test amp draw of each motor or something more than just replace a fuse and call it good...
Appreciate 0