BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-29-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
BMWadrenaline
@BMWADRENALINE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine X5M

X5m F85 Rwd Burnout

Heres a link to the video, I'm sure there will be some haters, but oh well its my car and I'll do as a I please, hope you like.https://youtu.be/qPy52ygzviw
Appreciate 9
nyalpine907431.00
Ibiza3608.50
surfcali245.00
zjaiz180.00
F85MTuNED1620.50
      01-29-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
vince7870
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5m azurite black metalic

So that's what happens without awd! Sick!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 01:14 PM   #3
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Nice. Did you switch into Dyno mode or Rolling mode before hand?
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 01:53 PM   #4
trev230
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post

Dyno and Rolling modes? What?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 01:58 PM   #5
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev230 View Post
Dyno and Rolling modes? What?
It is a mode that you need to enable in order to do a dyno test.
Otherwise you will get a drivetrain malfunction (if I remember correctly).
But, I never dyno a AWD, so I'm not sure if it is what needed to disable the AWD.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Amazing car! My only comment is that you need stop doing these stupid stunts on public roads! If you want to kill yourself go have at it; but to risk others life is criminal! The background music you chose for that video is perfect. You don't care about anybody else but you! That's the perfect music video to play in court.

Grow up man! You keep posting things that are illegal. I still remember your 150+ mph on a public freeway several months back.

You have $100+k car ...... fork out the few dollars to take it to a track!
Appreciate 2
Chadmatic660.50
P111567.50
      01-29-2017, 03:30 PM   #7
BMWadrenaline
@BMWADRENALINE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
No, roller mode didnt seem to work, I've always wanted to try this and I wanted to finish off the rear tires. I removed 2 fuses which supply power to VTG control unit and both rear wheel speed sensors. I did get a drivetrain malfunction and didnt have full power but still had enough to pull off a decent video.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 03:40 PM   #8
BMWadrenaline
@BMWADRENALINE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
Amazing car! My only comment is that you need stop doing these stupid stunts on public roads! If you want to kill yourself go have at it; but to risk others life is criminal! The background music you chose for that video is perfect. You don't care about anybody else but you! That's the perfect music video to play in court.

Grow up man! You keep posting things that are illegal. I still remember your 150+ mph on a public freeway several months back.

You have $100+k car ...... fork out the few dollars to take it to a track!
As you see in the video there are no other cars, or people, its between 2 warehouses which are vacant. I've never been to any race track or private runway that would allow rolling burnouts, have you? Drag strip maybe before your run but again not as much as seen in this video. Oh and nothing in this video would hold up in court, no positive ID, tag number, witness, should I continue? I appreciate your concern.
Appreciate 7
      01-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #9
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep

Man, you are missing my point. It's illegal and you're posting it on the Internet! I am not your dad so I will stop giving you advice! Good luck with you!

Btw, there are ways to find you or your vehicle. It ain't that hard. If the police puts enough effort they can find you. You're digital footprints are all over the place.

Peace!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #10
BMWadrenaline
@BMWADRENALINE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
Man, you are missing my point. It's illegal and you're posting it on the Internet! I am not your dad so I will stop giving you advice! Good luck with you!

Btw, there are ways to find you or your vehicle. It ain't that hard. If the police puts enough effort they can find you. You're digital footprints are all over the place.

Peace!
Thanks for the advice.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 05:17 PM   #11
Dan725
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M (F85)

Sweet video. I love the mods to your F85! Wrapping the front "bar" makes a world of difference in the aggressive appearance! Did you powdercoat the OEMs? Are they the 20's or 21's?
I ordered mine in black, which I'm very happy with, but sometimes get jealous with the customization available to the other colors...
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 06:44 PM   #12
BMWadrenaline
@BMWADRENALINE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan725 View Post
Sweet video. I love the mods to your F85! Wrapping the front "bar" makes a world of difference in the aggressive appearance! Did you powdercoat the OEMs? Are they the 20's or 21's?
I ordered mine in black, which I'm very happy with, but sometimes get jealous with the customization available to the other colors...
Thanks!! They are the 21" powder coated gloss black.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 07:04 PM   #13
d_v_o_1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15

If that one gets you guys fired up, you will LOVE OP's drifting video :
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 07:57 PM   #14
BMWadrenaline
@BMWADRENALINE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_v_o_1 View Post
Thanks!! https://youtu.be/KU5cfxbMnro
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2017, 08:41 PM   #15
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep

Saw that one too. It's fun to watch until it hits close to home. My wife got t-boned a couple of months back by some idiot who didn't stop at a 4 way stop sign. Other driver was going 25 mph when he crashed. Good thing it was on the passenger side and my 8 year old wasn't in the car. Glad there were witnesses cuz the other driver tried to run away.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 07:35 AM   #16
Alextacy
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Awesome work! Kind of wishing there was a "drift mode" button on these that enabled rwd mode. Could be alot of fun. Whats the deal with the fun police posting here? This is clearly a safe enough place for this kind of thing. Isolated and not a public road or in the middle of suburbia..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 07:49 AM   #17
BMWadrenaline
@BMWADRENALINE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alextacy View Post
Awesome work! Kind of wishing there was a "drift mode" button on these that enabled rwd mode. Could be alot of fun. Whats the deal with the fun police posting here? This is clearly a safe enough place for this kind of thing. Isolated and not a public road or in the middle of suburbia..
Thanks, supposedly the new F90 M5 is going to have a button so you can do burnouts and drift. Wish there was a retrofit for F85.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 06:06 AM   #18
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

I've got zero issue with the burnout. Warehouse area, etc. Really nice video.

The residential street drift...... as awesome as it looked, it's not the right place.

I've got a 2yo and if I saw this happening in my area and found the guy, I'd be locked up.

2020 BMW X3M Competition ///M - ALPINE WHITE / SAKHIR ORANGE

Past: 18' BMW M3CS | 18' BMW X5M | '17 BMW M3 Competition | '16 Mercedes GLC250 | '16 BMW X5M | '15 BMW X5 M50d | '14 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 3
Chadmatic660.50
P111567.50
TheVazha685.50
      02-02-2017, 07:24 AM   #19
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWadrenaline View Post
Heres a link to the video, I'm sure there will be some haters, but oh well its my car and I'll do as a I please, hope you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_v_o_1 View Post
Quote:
Thanks!!
Regarding your drifting video... witnessing that degree of reckless driving in a residential area makes my blood boil. I can only imagine how many locals are calling for your head. Some day when you grow up or have children you might understand.

Last edited by Chadmatic; 02-02-2017 at 07:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
P111567.50
      02-04-2017, 03:46 PM   #20
BMWadrenaline
@BMWADRENALINE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
Regarding your drifting video... witnessing that degree of reckless driving in a residential area makes my blood boil. I can only imagine how many locals are calling for your head. Some day when you grow up or have children you might understand.
I'm sure it would "if" it were in a residential area, "if" people were around, "if" it was in the middle of traffic. You just assume I'm just like every other jackass who just does whatever at will. I'm not. 3 friends with radios were watching the intersection. It was at 6am on a Saturday morning, NO ONE around. No video I have posted ever endangered anyone other than myself. Worst case scenario in the so called reckless driving video would be some bent suspension and curbed wheels. If the police would have seen it maybe a ticket. I've always wanted to try it and pulled it off first try. I use it, abuse it, whatever you want to call it, drive it like I stole it. I'm paying for it, why not use it???

Calm down... I just wanted to show you guys what it could do, a majority of X5M owners don't ever do anything other than wide open throttle every so often. Most just get it because it's the most expensive model.
Appreciate 5
      02-04-2017, 05:47 PM   #21
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Worst case scenario in the so called reckless driving video would be some bent suspension and curbed wheels. If the police would have seen it maybe a ticket.
Consider yourself lucky, I can assure you that a police officer would qualify that as reckless driving. I'm guessing this isn't the first time you have experimented with drifting on public roads and I'm also guessing that you didn't have friends with radios every time you "honed your skills".

I am a car enthusiast and enjoy spirited driving, but there is a difference between spirited driving and reckless driving and I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of accidentally killing or debilitating another person because of my selfish and irresponsible actions which is why I choose not to drive my car in that manner on public roads.

Accidents happen and you only increase the odds when you drive like a wild man. Maybe I just have more life experience than you or I have watched too many Youtube videos, but I can come up with far worse worst case scenarios than just damage to your car. Here is one such scenario, suppose the owner of the white car was in the house and decided to quickly grab something out of their trunk but your buddy with the radio that was watching that area didn't notice because the van was blocking his view and then when you blew/drifted through the traffic signal, you lost control of your car and careened into the back of the van which in turn crushed the person reaching into the trunk of the white car. Sound too far-fetched?
http://www.kmtv.com/news/local-news/...s-car-accident

FWIW... I'm not hating and my intent is not to lecture you either, we have all done stupid shit but you posted the video link and this is a forum where the community voices their opinions regarding the topic at hand.
Appreciate 1
ajob456.00
      02-04-2017, 06:07 PM   #22
BMWadrenaline
@BMWADRENALINE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
Consider yourself lucky, I can assure you that a police officer would qualify that as reckless driving. I'm guessing this isn't the first time you have experimented with drifting on public roads and I'm also guessing that you didn't have friends with radios every time you "honed your skills".

I am a car enthusiast and enjoy spirited driving, but there is a difference between spirited driving and reckless driving and I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of accidentally killing or debilitating another person because of my selfish and irresponsible actions which is why I choose not to drive my car in that manner on public roads.

Accidents happen and you only increase the odds when you drive like a wild man. Maybe I just have more life experience than you or I have watched too many Youtube videos, but I can come up with far worse worst case scenarios than just damage to your car. Here is one such scenario, suppose the owner of the white car was in the house and decided to quickly grab something out of their trunk but your buddy with the radio that was watching that area didn't notice because the van was blocking his view and then when you blew/drifted through the traffic signal, you lost control of your car and careened into the back of the van which in turn crushed the person reaching into the trunk of the white car. Sound too far-fetched?
http://www.kmtv.com/news/local-news/...s-car-accident

FWIW... I'm not hating and my intent is not to lecture you either, we have all done stupid shit but you posted the video link and this is a forum where the community voices their opinions regarding the topic at hand.
I have hundreds of hours on closed courses/race tracks, I'm a NASA/SCCA instructor, thats where I "honed my skills". This is not how I drive all of the time on public roads, its a fraction of time that is well thought out and in the safest way possible. Yea sure not doing it would be safer for everyone including myself, but I like it, and I just thought I would share it with this forum. I wont share any more possible "reckless" videos here. Why not view this thread and give your opinion to this crazy ass, which BTW made it on the bimmerpost home page, http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1349938
Appreciate 4