BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #1
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Exclamation iDrive 5 / Weather...

On my previous vehicle (2016 F15 X5 50i M-Sport) I had the weather in the "Connected Drive" or "BMW Online" portion of the iDrive. I cannot find it anywhere on the new vehicle with iDrive 5. I browsed the manual that is built into the iDrive and no results were found. Did BMW remove this feature or is it buried in some sub-folder or menu?

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #2
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

The only place I find weather is on the nav map and even then it just shows a small pic of the forecast and temp. Many other manufacturers have radar and detailed forecasts available. Not sure whats up with these.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #3
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

I was able to find it after I updated all the apps and connected drive features.
It is now in "ConnectedDrive" with a weather app. A feature I miss from the Q7 and E63-S is the weather map showing the storm/rain/snow etc. It was a very practical feature and it's a shame it's not available on here.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #4
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
I was able to find it after I updated all the apps and connected drive features.
It is now in "ConnectedDrive" with a weather app. A feature I miss from the Q7 and E63-S is the weather map showing the storm/rain/snow etc. It was a very practical feature and it's a shame it's not available on here.
Found it today thanks to you!

Its better than what I thought I had but like you I wish we had a map with radar on it. I get a lot of use out of that in my other vehicle when traveling.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #5
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

I believe you can add it to the split-screen if need be. There was a way to have it as the home screen in the MMI on the Audi vehicles but I never bothered to figure out how to set it up and just used it when needed.

This is what it looked like back in my 2012 Q7 and each one after and below that image is MB's archaic take on the same feature:

Appreciate 0