BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-20-2024, 07:23 PM   #1
Chocolat
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35i

Garage List
MHD stage 2 logs for 35i

Hey guys,
I was wondering if I could get some feedback in regards to my logs for my stage 2 OTS maps. The car feels fine for the most part but I noticed that there Is a odd shudder or hesitation when trying to go WOT. I usually stick to stage 1 since I'm still fully stock (recently put muffler back on) but it's been fairly cold so I thought I might try it.
Thanks in advance guys.
https://datazap.me/u/chocolat007/bmw...og=0&data=4-20
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 11:09 AM   #2
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 XDrive35i

Garage List
when were your plugs and coils last done? do you have more data about the cars behavior?
2017 X5 XDrive35i X-Line | Sophisto Grey | MHD Full Flexfuel Tuned | Mosselman Turbo| Sutphin Tuning TCU | Nostrum Stage 2 HPFP | ER Charge Pipe | BimmerHausPerformance Intake and Inlet | ApexBuilt Catted DP | VRSF FMIC | Zeitronix Flexfuel Kit | KateCool Oil Cooler | Variant Wheels | Conti DWS06+ |
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 08:36 AM   #3
Chocolat
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhk527 View Post
when were your plugs and coils last done? do you have more data about the cars behavior?
Thanks for replying. I changed then about 10k miles ago at most. Aside from the hesitation and bogging down sensation, the car runs fine. I did notice that it takes me driving like a saint to get decent gas mileage but that's been since after the spark plugs change. I don't know much about those things so could it be the spark plugs gap? I have the NGK 2 steps colder but didn't adjust them. I decided to go down to stage 1 to test it out and the issue is gone for the most part. I still feel it ever so slightly when accelerating but it might just be rne being paranoid at this point. I could also provide logs for stage 1 if needed
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 09:08 AM   #4
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolat View Post
Thanks for replying. I changed then about 10k miles ago at most. Aside from the hesitation and bogging down sensation, the car runs fine. I did notice that it takes me driving like a saint to get decent gas mileage but that's been since after the spark plugs change. I don't know much about those things so could it be the spark plugs gap? I have the NGK 2 steps colder but didn't adjust them. I decided to go down to stage 1 to test it out and the issue is gone for the most part. I still feel it ever so slightly when accelerating but it might just be rne being paranoid at this point. I could also provide logs for stage 1 if needed
So one thing I noticed on my own car when I went from stage 1 to stage 2 (on BM3 however ) was that the high pressure fuel pump was intermittently crashing making it feel like a misfire and logs showed the rail pressure tanking so it could be that but would need more data to be honest.
2017 X5 XDrive35i X-Line | Sophisto Grey | MHD Full Flexfuel Tuned | Mosselman Turbo| Sutphin Tuning TCU | Nostrum Stage 2 HPFP | ER Charge Pipe | BimmerHausPerformance Intake and Inlet | ApexBuilt Catted DP | VRSF FMIC | Zeitronix Flexfuel Kit | KateCool Oil Cooler | Variant Wheels | Conti DWS06+ |
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 06:24 AM   #5
Chocolat
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhk527 View Post
So one thing I noticed on my own car when I went from stage 1 to stage 2 (on BM3 however ) was that the high pressure fuel pump was intermittently crashing making it feel like a misfire and logs showed the rail pressure tanking so it could be that but would need more data to be honest.
I guess that could be possible. I checked the DME but no codes and did as best as I could of a visual check as i could but nothing was out of ordinary. I was thinking of opening the coils to checlk the plugs since i push the engine a bit more since the tune. As stated above, I could also provide logs for stage 1 and I could go back to stock and do the same.
Appreciate 1
sukhk5272168.00
      02-24-2024, 10:15 AM   #6
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
You wouldn’t get a code for the rail pressure crashing , but would be in the data. I’d say if you’re back at stage 1 with no issue , my experience with the platform dictates that it’s likely a fuel supply related issue rather than a spark issue.

If all is well right now and you’re happy with its performance I wouldn’t worry. But if you start noticing anything on stage 1 then definitely start logging it.
Appreciate 0