11-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #397
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Thanks, do they all have the same minimum like blind spot throwing error at 10?
Error at 10??? not sure what you're talking about. One problem with lowering your speed on the blind spot is when you're in a double turn lane and there's a car next to you, your steering wheel will vibrate because your wheel is turned and a car is next to you. That's one of the reasons the default speed is set higher.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 12:13 AM   #398
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Error at 10??? not sure what you're talking about. One problem with lowering your speed on the blind spot is when you're in a double turn lane and there's a car next to you, your steering wheel will vibrate because your wheel is turned and a car is next to you. That's one of the reasons the default speed is set higher.
I think he is referring to when you code less than 17km/h since that causes errors.
      11-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #399
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
I think he is referring to when you code less than 17km/h since that causes errors.
Yes, I thought it was 10mph or something like 20kmph

Quote:
No double turns anywhere close to where I live but I think I'll take that over not knowing if there is someone next to me at 20mph or 25mph, as far as I can see every other vehicle with BSM has a light that turns on even at lower speeds, and so far I find BSM on X5 to be "dumber" than other vehicles with too many false warning flashes or sometimes no warning at all. I'll give it some more time to see if I need to get used to it too, but active BSM at slower speeds is really a must.
      11-12-2014, 05:07 AM   #400
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde
No double turns anywhere close to where I live but I think I'll take that over not knowing if there is someone next to me at 20mph or 25mph, as far as I can see every other vehicle with BSM has a light that turns on even at lower speeds, and so far I find BSM on X5 to be "dumber" than other vehicles with too many false warning flashes or sometimes no warning at all. I'll give it some more time to see if I need to get used to it too, but active BSM at slower speeds is really a must.
I have lower it with coding and as skalberti mentioned, I got some false warnings like when making a turn, I put on turn signal and if there is any car beside me, it vibrates and flashes

I think the default setting is right, because I personally feel that we don't need warning at lower speeds. also it doesn't make sense we move over lanes at low speeds without knowing
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #401
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
I have lower it with coding and as skalberti mentioned, I got some false warnings like when making a turn, I put on turn signal and if there is any car beside me, it vibrates and flashes

I think the default setting is right, because I personally feel that we don't need warning at lower speeds. also it doesn't make sense we move over lanes at low speeds without knowing
Isn't it like 35mph or 40mph? I think that's too high as a minimum speed. at least 25 or 30 should be reasonable, I don't think I turn any faster than 25mph anyway if there is a double turn lane.
      11-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #402
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Isn't it like 35mph or 40mph? I think that's too high as a minimum speed. at least 25 or 30 should be reasonable, I don't think I turn any faster than 25mph anyway if there is a double turn lane.
I don't recall the default speed.. but the least speed you can set is good enough to give false warnings.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 04:00 AM   #403
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver
@opasha @skalberti @r33

so, i have been going through these for a while trying to find out .. finally able to figure out where these live.

As per F30 coding, we need to configure below values in REM.

V_SCHWELLE_1 werte = FF
V_SCHWELLE_2 werte = FF
D_SCHWELLE_1 werte = FF
D_SCHWELLE_2 werte = FF

I did a search on each CAFD and found that these are now located in PDC under 300D(PKM) section.. atleast for me. I need to code this and test it out. Will report back.
I have coded these..but they seem to turn off like after 256 meters..

I think I will stop looking for this coding because, once it turns on, it doesn't turn off unless you manually press pdc button again. which is actually not good for the life of button.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #404
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
I have coded these..but they seem to turn off like after 256 meters..

I think I will stop looking for this coding because, once it turns on, it doesn't turn off unless you manually press pdc button again. which is actually not good for the life of button.
Thanks for the update, buddy.
      11-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #405
Hokie 335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Yes it's independent and its located in the ICM ECU.
I see in the cheat sheet where to code the Blind Spot speed, but where is the Lane Departure Warning speed set?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #406
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie 335i View Post
I see in the cheat sheet where to code the Blind Spot speed, but where is the Lane Departure Warning speed set?
Here's two useful posts regarding the lane departure warning:

Speed change: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=627079&page=6

When warning lines come on: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=679831
      11-16-2014, 01:48 AM   #407
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Speeeed

I recently started coding my F15, and I've successfully added some features like video playback via usb, dvd in-motion, digital speedo & tire temps. It was a lot easier than I expected

Now the last thing I want to add is 6NS (enhanced bluetooth)

I got these instructions from the first page:

Quote:
Enhanced Bluetooth (thank you skalberti for 6-12): For EBT enhanced Bluetooth, first unpair and delete all bluetooth connections. Then simply add 6NS to your VO and then VO code HU_NBT, you do not need to remove anything from the VO first. Now go to Options-scroll down-Configure bluetooth, and tick Telephone 2 and Office. Now pair devices. If you are pairing 2 phones, the first one should be selected as Telephone 1 during pairing and the second one needs to be selected as Telephone 2 for both phones to work at same time.
My issue: So I'm a little worried about the final step of adding 6NS, where I have to code the whole HU_NBT folder to default settings. I understand all the work I've done to HU_NBT would have to be re-done, which is fine. But doesn't it reset the whole HU_NBT folder it to all the default values of a X3 F25 instead of my X5 F15?!? I don't want to lose any features or mess anything up.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 01:50 AM   #408
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboon View Post
I recently started coding my F15, and I've successfully added some features like video playback via usb, dvd in-motion, digital speedo & tire temps. It was a lot easier than I expected

Now the last thing I want to add is 6NS (enhanced bluetooth)

I got these instructions from the first page:

My issue: So I'm a little worried about the final step of adding 6NS, where I have to code the whole HU_NBT folder to default settings. I understand all the work I've done to HU_NBT would have to be re-done, which is fine. But doesn't it reset the whole HU_NBT folder it to all the default values of a X3 F25 instead of my X5 F15?!? I don't want to lose any features or mess anything up.
I can help you over Team Viewer if you want me to shadow your steps. The F25 shares the same infrastructure with the F15, so those files are the same.
      11-16-2014, 06:15 AM   #409
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboon
you should be fine. make sure you do code but not code default values.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 07:00 AM   #410
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Ah I think I know what you mean.

This part:
View post on imgur.com

I need to hit CODE instead of "Code Default Values". Correct?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #411
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Ok so I did the 6NS coding. It went well. I managed to connect to bluetooth no problem after, and I see the "office" option now in my idrive. So that's cool. There is however something missing, which was the main feature I was after.

When connected to my phone via USB, it allows me some nice options, such as browsing my phone for songs & podcasts. But via bluetooth it never did.

As far as I know, with 6NS, it does allow you to do this. However, after coding 6NS into my car, I still do not have any options when listening to music via bluetooth.

Examples below:

USB:
View post on imgur.com

Bluetooth:
View post on imgur.com

Also, since adding 6NS, I noticed a new icon pop up in my external devices menu:
View post on imgur.com
The one that says "not connected". What is that exactly?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #412
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Check and make sure these are coded to aktiv:

ENT_BTAS_BROWSING
ENT_BTAS_IAP_COVERART
ENT_BTAS_METADATA

The new icon is for the center armrest baseplate / snap-in adapter that comes with factory 6NS and which you do not have.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #413
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Check and make sure these are coded to aktiv:

ENT_BTAS_BROWSING
ENT_BTAS_IAP_COVERART
ENT_BTAS_METADATA

The new icon is for the center armrest baseplate / snap-in adapter that comes with factory 6NS and which you do not have.
I just checked, and all 3 are set to 'aktiv' already unfortunately.

Btw when I wanted to change 6NH to 6NS, there was not 6HN. So I just added 6NS. This is what it looked like before:
View post on imgur.com

Any other ideas?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #414
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboon View Post
I just checked, and all 3 are set to 'aktiv' already unfortunately.

Btw when I wanted to change 6NH to 6NS, there was not 6HN. So I just added 6NS. This is what it looked like before:
View post on imgur.com

Any other ideas?
For F15, just adding 6NS is normal. 6NH won't be in FA.

Make sure you check 1) Phone Bluetooth Options, 2) iDrive Bluetooth Options, and 3) iDrive Phone Options, and make sure everything is enabled, including all Bluetooth Profiles on Phone (e.g A2DP, AVRCP, etc.).

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #415
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
For F15, just adding 6NS is normal. 6NH won't be in FA.

Make sure you check 1) Phone Bluetooth Options, 2) iDrive Bluetooth Options, and 3) iDrive Phone Options, and make sure everything is enabled, including all Bluetooth Profiles on Phone (e.g A2DP, AVRCP, etc.).
I'm sure I've got everything enabled. Regarding teh A2DP, AVRCP I am not sure what those are. I'm using an iPhone 6.

I think however there might be something not entirely right with my 6NS config.

I tried to add a 2nd phone (samsung galaxy), which paired OK, but it would only allow me to add it as Telephone 1 again. I can pair 2 phones, but not have 2 phones connected at the same time. Before adding 6NS, i had removed all bluetooth profiles from the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #416
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Any idea what I might be missing? The fact that I also don't have the 'Telephone 2' option, but do have office now, makes me wonder what went wrong.

After adding 6NS, I only coded 'HU_NBT'. Is this enough, or should I code other things too?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #417
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
There is nothing more to code.

You did this, and "additional telephone" is missing?

PAIR SECONDARY PHONE:

1. Press Menu button
2. Select Settings
3. Select Connections
4. Select Bluetooth
5. Place cursor (highlight) over your phone. Title idrive controller to the right (opens "Options")
6. Select the device you want to configure and select (press down on idrive controller)

Choose "telephone" or "additional telephone" and "audio".

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #418
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
There is nothing more to code.

You did this, and "additional telephone" is missing?

PAIR SECONDARY PHONE:

1. Press Menu button
2. Select Settings
3. Select Connections
4. Select Bluetooth
5. Place cursor (highlight) over your phone. Title idrive controller to the right (opens "Options")
6. Select the device you want to configure and select (press down on idrive controller)

Choose "telephone" or "additional telephone" and "audio".
Correct, both devices when I configure their bluetooth options, they show only "telephone 1" and "audio".

There is no 'telephone 2' option, or 'additional telephone' option anywhere to be found. Also after removing both devices, and re-adding them.

I did notice that if i have 1 phone setup as 'telephone only', and the other as 'audio' only, then it does allow me to have both connected. But this is of course not what I want.
Appreciate 0