BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-17-2020, 06:21 AM   #1
aleklevif15
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 M-Line F15

Gesture Control & mppk

Hey guys, just entered the bmw world - was always a mercedes guy.

It seems that Gesture Control is making my V1 radar laser detection go off. Is there a way to turn off gesture control completely in the x5? My other option will be to reprogram the V1.

Also, where is the best deal currently if anyone has already done the research to order the mppk? Saw some older posts with the price @ 995, but cant find this price anywhere anymore. If anyone has one for to get rid of, lmk
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
gwes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleklevif15 View Post
Hey guys, just entered the bmw world - was always a mercedes guy.

It seems that Gesture Control is making my V1 radar laser detection go off. Is there a way to turn off gesture control completely in the x5? My other option will be to reprogram the V1.

Also, where is the best deal currently if anyone has already done the research to order the mppk? Saw some older posts with the price @ 995, but cant find this price anywhere anymore. If anyone has one for to get rid of, lmk
Gesture control? Do you mean gesture control in iDrive, to, for example, turn up and down the volume by spinning your finger? The X5 was never equipped with that kind of iDrive gesture control even though they upgraded it to ID6 in 2018.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 08:05 PM   #3
Myltz400
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

The sensors are there for that feature. Just press menu on your drive to revert back to the main menu and wave your hand in front of your screen and you’ll notice the icons get bigger and smaller as you wave your hand. However I don’t know how to decode that ability.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 01:00 AM   #4
gwes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Cars that are properly equipped for gesture control use a camera, not sensors, near the sunroof button to detect hand movements.
The change in size of the buttons you’re seeing probably just has to do with the proximity sensor for the touchscreen. There may be somewhere in the head unit where you can disable the touchscreen specifically by coding, which might resolve your problem. I’m not sure what that option would be though, you’d have to probably search in esys.
Appreciate 0