BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-05-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
jonmacs22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 4-doors

X5 Towing - who does it without air springs

Afternoon all,

I am a current Touareg owner who is about to get bought back and am looking at all of the options. We certainly love the TDI when towing (although I am enjoying learning about all of the folks who tow here with the 35i instead).

The one question that I cannot seem to find much of any information on is how much rear squat do these X5'sl have when towing 4500+ pounds WITHOUT the rear air suspension.

I have a very light enclosed car trailer which when all loaded up runs about 5,000lbs. As many of you know, finding used models with the air suspension is difficult, at best, but instead, there are tons of X35d's available at great prices with the stock or the sport steel spring set-up.

Coming from the Touareg which does not have air, I understand how it might be nice, but I have managed to survive quite well without it for 5+ years of towing.

Thank you all for your thoughts, comments, measurements, pictures, etc. It would be immensely appreciated. All the best, JM
Appreciate 0