BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #287
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 550i & '14 F15 35i

Hey everyone! Pardon the delay... We secured our new X5 35i yesterday!!! I've uploaded a few pix from yesterday when we took delivery... The lighting in the garage isn't so great, and the weather is pretty crap here in NYC today, so I may wait till tomorrow to take more pix and upload.

What I can say so far, is this F15 is great! Orientation/Training was about 45 mins long. This car has so many features, options and do-dads. Thank god I video recorded it. Because I'm going to have to do all of that stuff again to program my fob. By the way, this fob is massive! Its like having a pack of smokes in your pocket-LOL

The wife and I put about 100 or so miles on it last night. The car feels so much lighter than the E70 and roll on acceleration from 60-80 is very nice and smooth. And it's pretty flat around the corners at just over the suggested speed posted for the off ramps. The new heads up display is very nice too. Graphics are sharp...

ACC is kind of weird at first and had my foot hoovering over the brake pedal but after about the first 10-20 miles I started trusting it more. It's odd having the cruise control functions on the steering wheel. The buttons and the thumb wheel on the steering wheel are a bit crammed together. It's kind of cluttered in my opinion. I miss the cc stick on the side of the steering wheel. It going to take some getting use to, but M wheel is sooo nice, I'll get over it! LOL

Speaking of sticks, the turn signal doesn't click into place for the longer than 3 right or left signal flashes. Its a "muted" kind of feel. I haven't had a new car in a few years, but is this something new? That's really going to take some getting use to.

That's all for now,
M
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #288
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

^Marsblackmon. Congrats, I like your poplar trim, it all matches nicely. There is a typo in the paper floor mats, replace business with money.

Perhaps this may help:
Using turn signals
Press the lever beyond the resistance point.
To switch off manually, press the lever to the
resistance point.
Unusually rapid flashing of the indicator lamp
indicates that a turn signal bulb has failed.
Triple turn signal activation
Press the lever to the resistance point.
The turn signal flashes three times.
The function can be activated or deactivated:
1. "Settings"
2. "Lighting"
3. "Triple turn signal"
Signaling briefly
Press the lever to the resistance point and hold
it there for as long as you want the turn signal
to flash.

If not there is the good old hand signals.

Enjoy every ride.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #289
AresM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsblackmon View Post
I miss the cc stick on the side of the steering wheel. It going to take some getting use to, but M wheel is sooo nice, I'll get over it! LOL

Speaking of sticks, the turn signal doesn't click into place for the longer than 3 right or left signal flashes. Its a "muted" kind of feel. I haven't had a new car in a few years, but is this something new? That's really going to take some getting use to.

That's all for now,
M
Totally agree with the above, I also miss the CC stock. Also, I totally know what you are saying about the muted feel with the turn signal stock. I kept trying to push it harder to get that click. Both are odd changes, imo, but I guess I will get used to them both.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #290
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Yeah, I just test drove an F15 and the turn signal was a little less friendly than the E70/E71's.

I'm sure we'll get used to it
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #291
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Congrats Mars! Black sapphire, right?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #292
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 xdrive50i

My car was supposed to arrive at dealer yesterday. Does anyone know whether dealers take deliveries on Saturday's? Or are my hope of getting it this weekend out the window?

Also, anyone know how long prep takes before pick up?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #293
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx View Post
My car was supposed to arrive at dealer yesterday. Does anyone know whether dealers take deliveries on Saturday's? Or are my hope of getting it this weekend out the window?

Also, anyone know how long prep takes before pick up?
The dealer will need to take it through service to some some final pre-delivery stuff. In my experience, it seems to take 3-4 hours even with pleading and sobbing at your CA's feet.

If it got there yesterday, you may be in luck. If it arrives today, you'll likely be waiting until Monday

Pictures!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #294
ybd2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsblackmon View Post
ACC is kind of weird at first and had my foot hoovering over the brake pedal but after about the first 10-20 miles I started trusting it more. It's odd having the cruise control functions on the steering wheel. The buttons and the thumb wheel on the steering wheel are a bit crammed together. It's kind of cluttered in my opinion.
M
Congratulations. Looks beautiful!

Would love more detail on the ACC, if you have more to share. The broader rollout of that feature is one of the main reasons I decided to get a new car. Do you have the Stop & Go, and is it a relief in congestion?

Also, does your vehicle (or any F15 for that matter) have the "clima windshield?"

Enjoy the ride!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #295
likecarz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i xDrive Convertible

I ordered my X5 35i MSport on November 14 with Nappa Mocha and 20 inch wheels...MSRP $76400. Chicago dealer. I have the order sheet with my name on it as sold unit order...nut production number is blank.

Dealer told me January build. Anyone know how long it takes to get a production number assigned to the order so I can begin tracking? Dealer says it will be mid December before a tracking number is assigned. Agree? I don't
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #296
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by likecarz View Post
I ordered my X5 35i MSport on November 14 with Nappa Mocha and 20 inch wheels...MSRP $76400. Chicago dealer. I have the order sheet with my name on it as sold unit order...nut production number is blank.

Dealer told me January build. Anyone know how long it takes to get a production number assigned to the order so I can begin tracking? Dealer says it will be mid December before a tracking number is assigned. Agree? I don't
Dealer is waiting for allocation. You get an order number once car is actually received by bmw. Once you have order number you can begin tracking immediately. It does take a few weeks from order number to actual production though.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #297
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

some progress - the 800# said that my X5 is produced and waiting for transport. How long does this usually take?
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #298
Bug Rx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
some progress - the 800# said that my X5 is produced and waiting for transport. How long does this usually take?
All depends on where you live. Mine was just over 2 weeks!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #299
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Anyone know what point the estimated completion date includes? I'm assuming it does not include the time waiting for and getting on a truck but don't recall how the reality lined up with those estimates on my previous orders. My estimated completion date just backed up by 5 days to 11/27, but that still puts it at 9 days from when it first went into 150 status, so seems like it should already done and on a truck by the 27th (not sure how Thanksgiving will impact trucking schedules though)
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #300
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
NoVA
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #301
cpiguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Garage List
BAD NEWS

I just got word from my dealer that my production date was pushed from Nov 21st to the first week of January. The bulletin said something about 20" wheels, Driver Assistance Plus, and Ivory white leather being constrained.

Anyone else run into this?

CPIGUY
2017 Ferrari 488 Spider
2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
2019 BMW X5 MSport, in coming
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #302
NikonMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M Azurite on Nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiguy View Post
I just got word from my dealer that my production date was pushed from Nov 21st to the first week of January. The bulletin said something about 20" wheels, Driver Assistance Plus, and Ivory white leather being constrained.

Anyone else run into this?
Read this thread:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911862
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #303
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
^Marsblackmon. Congrats, I like your poplar trim, it all matches nicely. There is a typo in the paper floor mats, replace business with money.

Perhaps this may help:
Using turn signals
Press the lever beyond the resistance point.
To switch off manually, press the lever to the
resistance point.
Unusually rapid flashing of the indicator lamp
indicates that a turn signal bulb has failed.
Triple turn signal activation
Press the lever to the resistance point.
The turn signal flashes three times.
The function can be activated or deactivated:
1. "Settings"
2. "Lighting"
3. "Triple turn signal"
Signaling briefly
Press the lever to the resistance point and hold
it there for as long as you want the turn signal
to flash.

If not there is the good old hand signals.

Enjoy every ride.
Mochos Gracias, Barcelona! Yes, BMW has done well with the available color options. The turn signal work fine. It's just as the others are describing. It's an odd thing that the turn signal stock doesn't click into place for more than the triple flashes. This makes you want to depress the stock more than is required.

M
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #304
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Congrats Mars! Black sapphire, right?
Thanks Chris,

Yes black saphire. From the outside the rear windows looks very very dark with shades up. Wondering how NJ police will receive it. Lots of folks get pulled over with much lighter tints.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #305
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AresM3 View Post
Totally agree with the above, I also miss the CC stock. Also, I totally know what you are saying about the muted feel with the turn signal stock. I kept trying to push it harder to get that click. Both are odd changes, imo, but I guess I will get used to them both.
400 miles in and the turn signal stock is still weird. But I'm dealing with it.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #306
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybd2 View Post
Congratulations. Looks beautiful!

Would love more detail on the ACC, if you have more to share. The broader rollout of that feature is one of the main reasons I decided to get a new car. Do you have the Stop & Go, and is it a relief in congestion?

Also, does your vehicle (or any F15 for that matter) have the "clima windshield?"

Enjoy the ride!
Thank you Ybd2,

I've got the frontal collision warning set to a "early". So that's about 200' or so. I find that it works very well on the highway. We took a mini road trip to Philly yesterday and it performed very well. As you approach car or when cars pull in and out from in front of you, deceleration and acceleration is smooth. I think when cars pull in front of you inside of 100' deceleration can be a bit aggressive. Might make your heart skip a bit or too but I find the car responds well.

Switching lanes is another move that might make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up too. If you're switching lanes from behind one car to get behind another car that might be a little further ahead, there is a small burst off acceleration over the broken white lines. But the quickly finds the appropriate pace.

I have Stop and Go but haven't used it yet. Havent got caught in any heavy traffic yet. If its anything like ACC im sure its pretty awesome too. I think ACC got me down into the 40-50 mph range while on 95 yesterday. But I'm in Queens and Brooklyn today, so I'm sure I'll have use for it before the day is out. I'll let you know if I do use it.

Not sure what you mean by the "climate windshield" though.

M
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #307
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by likecarz View Post

Gratz on your purchase, LikeCarz! My order was placed on Saturday and I had my prod # assigned a week later. It was like a Tuesday or Wednesday. But relative to the other poster to this thread, I think the turn around on my build was freakishly fast.

M
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #308
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
And mine received in under a week from completion.
Appreciate 0