BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

02-22-2023, 12:10 PM   #23
kevoncox
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangfu84 View Post
I guess it's probably better for things like Maps or Spotify but I enjoy handsfree/voice Whatsapp and Messenger so using the unit standalone without Android Auto misses that specific use case for me.
Why would it be better for Maps or Spotify?
My experience with it is that its a blur mess, buggy mess. The built-in android system is so much better. The only upside I can see if if you like to see text messages on your system.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 02:31 PM   #24
kangfu84
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
Why would it be better for Maps or Spotify?
My experience with it is that its a blur mess, buggy mess. The built-in android system is so much better. The only upside I can see if if you like to see text messages on your system.
No that's what I mean, agree that native Android on the unit would be better for everything except getting messages on your phone. I message a lot using voice handsfree so am debating if this is the right option for me that's all.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 06:13 AM   #25
kevoncox
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangfu84 View Post
No that's what I mean, agree that native Android on the unit would be better for everything except getting messages on your phone. I message a lot using voice handsfree so am debating if this is the right option for me that's all.

Probably not. Switching back and forth will probably annoy you constantly.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 12:17 AM   #26
notslow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC, M sport,THP

Does the Avin have the ability to connect with its own SIM card? Might be nice to just have it connected on its own, instead of using the phone Hotspot.
Appreciate 0