BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-06-2023, 06:04 PM   #1
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d M Sport Metallic Whit

6WB HUD Limitations

Hey guys - I have coded numerous tweaks to my uber-loaded 2015 F15 35d…love the car! The one thing that still has me scratching my head is the inability to code turn signals to display in the HUD unless you have the 6WA (non-virtual) cluster. I am tempted to do some deep diving into the coding to see if there is some selection somewhere that differntiates the info sent to the HUD depending on the factory cluster - I’m thinking it’s gotta be there as it’s the same HUD used in both versions of F15 (if not someone long ago would have simply traded out their ‘6WB HUD’ for a ‘6WA HUD’, coded as per the cheat sheet and voila!).

Has anyone here sorted out exactly why the limitation is there with the 6WB? The coding exists very simply and is easy to change (along with the Lane Departure view) in my car but it does nothing when you code, it as mentioned in the cheat sheet. Why? Does anyone have a definitely answer before I spend hours scouring my CAFD files?

My apologies if this has been previously sorted out - the threads I’ve researched simply state it’s not possible. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
heavy_D51.00
      03-06-2023, 08:02 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Not possible as far as I know. Of course you are free to roam around and look but the way I understand it once 6WB option is added it just changes the operation and logic is hard coded and not variable , same way you can't have navigation both in the HUD and on the cluster with 6WB in the same time.
Appreciate 1