ggunn9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

Garage List
2018 X5  [0.00]
BM3 tune and decal

I am super excited I just purchased my Bootmod 3 licenses from the great folks at Extreme Powerhouse. they offered a July 4th discount of 10%.

I also purchased the attached decal for my gas door. Anybody else buy one of these? A guy was selling them on Facebook in the Bootmod 3 Enthusiast group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bootmod3/

I am not paid or sponsored for this post. I simply think the decal in the gas door is a good "mod"

The guy only asked for 2-3 Euros to cover shipping.

I am going with a stage 1 tune. I want a stage 2, but don't want to do a catless downpipe. I would do a high flow cat and a FMIC.

By the way, will my gas mileage go down with a stage 1 tune? I am not a lead foot guy.
Attached Images

Last edited by ggunn9; 07-07-2021 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: add photos
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Never seen the decal but I like that it's on the inside of the door and not advertised to the public. I like to keep that I'm tuned on the downlow. Only those that get gapped will know

I'm BM3 stage 2 93 octane right now but was previously stage 1 before the catless dp. I saw a huge improved in acceleration and hp going to the stage 1 initially and actually saw an improvement in MPG. I think it's because the tune made the torque curve more useable so little gas was when merging on on-ramps or passing cars. BTW, I did some data logging and I saw a peak of 18 psi max boost w/ stage 1. Max stock was 10. Now that I'm stage 2 max boost is right around 19 psi. The car is faster than stage 1 but I didn't see the huge boost I saw with going from stock to stage 1. I have also seen a decrease in MPG w/ stage 2 compared to stage 1. I'm sure the catless dp has something to do with that. Anyhow, both stage 1 and 2 BM3 tunes are top notch. Enjoy!

BTW, it would be nice to have one of those BM3 decals somewhere in the engine bay or around the OBD port in hopes anyone other than you that was attempting to do a software update would stop or at least ask when seeing the decal.
Appreciate 1
ggunn9160.00