BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-05-2021, 05:16 PM   #1
OilDerek
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Furrion camera no signal

2017 F15 40e with factory hitch and wiring harness.
I installed the hitch and wiring harness and had a shop program the X5 to accept the tow module.
I added a Furrion camera to my camper, but get "no signal" on the monitor. The camera and monitor are properly synced and work when plugged in to a different vehicle.
I am getting power (blue light) to the camera.
I have tried gas engine running (save battery) and only high voltage battery (max edrive) and neither works.
It seems the hybrid does not push the proper power to the camera.
Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 01:14 PM   #2
OilDerek
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Update:
According to Furrion technical support, "high end" vehicles do not supply a constant voltage and therefore do not provide enough power for the camera to operate.
I found this to be the case (pulsing voltage measured with a multimeter ) before I got ahold of tech support.
They are in the process of designing and manufacturing an adapter that will address this problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 02:23 PM   #3
FredBa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: XDrive30e

Any update on this?
I have an X3e and have the same problem with my trailer, rear camera not working. It's hooked up to the running lights circuit. When the RV dealer tech took the camera off and hooked it up to an external 12v battery, no problem.
Wonder if something like this would help stabilize the voltage supply to the camera?
Appreciate 0