BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-12-2021, 04:44 AM   #1
x54sui
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 F15

Weird issue with suspension

Hello guys,

A bit strange problem I have encountered with my F15 and I'd like to hear your opinions please.

2015, f15, 30d, 160k km.

9 months ago the pneumatic cushions were toast and dealer changed them. He said yeah maybe it is good to change the compressor as it is a rather small one and was working non stop to pump air into the broken cushions so he might be on his way out but for the moment he works.

Fast forward to last week, I get a low tire pressure for one tire in the back and 30 seconds after suspension restricted you can continue to drive. I see it is 1 bar difference on that tire so I am thinking the suspension error is coming from the low tire.

Anyway I continue, pump air in the tire, turn off car error is gone. Than 5 minutes after it comes back again. Every day, as soon as i start the car after 5 minutes of driving it comes back, sometimes not.

Anyway I go to dealer, he finds a screw in the tire, takes it out, fixes tire. He tests the compressor, he says it works but he might be on the way out so he advises to replace. I take car home and for 1 day error comes back. I get Carly and I plug it in and sure thing Air suspension error is there, specifically these:

Air suspension:
Fault code: 480DB1 Reduce recovery time / Solenoid valve rear left or rear right, short circuit to ground

Integr. Chassis Module:
Fault code: INFO 03081F FAS - bull - triggered acute warning

I am getting the subscription on carly to do a full reset trying to see if this will help it.

Or I just need to bite the bullet and get a new compressor?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 09:11 PM   #2
OzzieF15
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d F15

Do check your relay before going into an expensive compressor replacement. Also check the forums for dessicant beads replacement in the compressor not see if that helps.
Appreciate 0