BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-21-2017, 03:37 AM   #1
six
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50e

Michelin Latitude Sport 3 Runflats Now Available?

Hi All

I'm in the market for a full set of tyres for my X5. I've got an M-Sport with the 20" staggered setup.

I've been browsing tyres for a while and was either going to go for Conti Sport 5's (have already and been ok) for Dunlop Sport Maxx's which are a little bit more expensive currently. The Dunlop's seem to be rated similarly to the Conti's but are a bit quieter apparently.

In the past I've mostly used Michelin but they've not seemed to have a runflat in the rear 315 / 35 R20 rear fitment, that us until my search today when one popped up. So I verified on the Michelin website and it seems that it is now possible to get front and rear runflats (they call it Zero Pressure) for the staggered 20" M-Sport set up.

They are quoted as being way more expensive, £400 instead of £300 for the rear Dunlops', but that may just be because they are new in stock. There also seems to be a longer order lead time...

So has anybody got any thoughts on these or experience with Michelin Latitude Sport tyres on a SUV?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
buckeyewalt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

I gave up on run flats years ago and haven't looked back. My Pirelli RF were only going maybe 10,000 miles before I had to change them and my wife was the primary driver and no she didn't rod the vehicle either, the RF just don't last. Switched to Conti DWS 06, great tire, wears at least twice as long as the RF.
Appreciate 0