BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-25-2017, 02:00 PM   #1
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Mud Guards/ Mud Flaps . . . finally did them!

I think they came out great. I saw a thread where the poster liked his front flaps but took his back ones back off!
I think they look like they were designed with the car. Now black on a black car is probably ideal. My Wife's Audi is white and the black OEM flaps look great too as the lower portion of her Q5 is black.
Especially, in the northeast the winter months tend to pelt the paint aft of the tires with sand and gravel.

I picked them up OEM from some online BMW dealer. Took me 3 months to finally drag myself out in driveway to put them on. Already installed the Invisihitch myself. Had a clear bra film done last Thurs at a tint shop for the hood protector, so the flaps were my last accessory to be installed.

Funny, the first side takes you about 30 min each, but the opposite side only takes you 15 min each for front and back since you know what you are doing on the other side!
Tires need not be removed. Fronts are even easier as you can turn the wheel which gives you plenty of room to work.
Attached Images

Last edited by expidia; 07-13-2017 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Look how crappy these OEM flaps look on my Wife's Audi. They just hang there like an after thought. What a piss poor design.
They look nothing like the bmw"s well contoured flaps.
It's night and day. The audi ones look so mickey mouse where as the bmw oem flaps look like they are part of the body.
Attached Images

Last edited by expidia; 07-13-2017 at 06:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 07:20 AM   #3
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
Is your X5 an M Sport Package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by expidia View Post
I think they came out great. I saw a thread where the poster liked his front flaps but took his back ones back off!
I think they look like they were designed with the car. Now black on a black car is probably ideal. My Wife's Audi is white and the black OEM flaps look great too as the lower portion of her Q5 is black.
Especially, in the northeast the winter months tend to pelt the paint aft of the tires with sand and gravel.

I picked them up OEM from some online BMW dealer. Took me 3 months to finally drag myself out in driveway to put them on. Already installed the Invisihitch myself. Had a clear bra film done last Thurs at a tint shop for the hood protector, so the flaps were my last accessory to be installed.

Funny, the first side takes you about 30 min each, but the opposite side only takes you 15 min each for front and back since you know what you are doing on the other side!
Tires need not be removed. Fronts are even easier as you can turn the wheel which gives you plenty of room to work.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 09:23 AM   #4
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Come on. Please give us some proper photos!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 09:24 AM   #5
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/MPPK, MPE & RC GTS Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydeputy View Post
Is your X5 an M Sport Package?
Based off of the photos provided, I’d say it’s not MSport.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 09:55 PM   #6
LocksmithNick
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M Sport - G05

Garage List
I really wish they'd stop putting 18/19's on X5's lol
Appreciate 0